Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2019, 04:47 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,400,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
I think all these anti-choice peeps have a point. I heard women in NY are spreading their legs and getting pregnant just to increase their chances of getting a seat on the subway for a few months, then they abort on their due date.
So, if they consent to getting knocked up and there is no traceable history of abuse during their term then they abort, any #MeToo story on this should be disregarded from the get go.

Old 02-17-2019, 04:52 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,587,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
As would any person reading past posts by him/her. Someone displaying their outright contradiction with all the normal conventions of acceptable viewpoints is not in the least possessing the compassion necessary to care for the handicapped.

We were expected by that poster to believe they were actually the precipitator of a miracle by praying to God that Hillary Clinton would not win the election and bragged about by starting a thread with that as the title. Now we're to believe they've adopted 4 autistic minority children.

I have the Ark of the Covenant in my Garage and will sell it to you after you post a pay-pal deposit into my bank account in Nigeria.
Do you take Monopoly money? I've been looking for that thing for years.

Old 02-17-2019, 05:00 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
In other words- he's right, and you know he is, and you have no counter argument to his points.
In other words - no, no, and no.

Old 02-17-2019, 05:24 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,766,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
How about we encourage certainpregnant women, to have all the abortions they want, regardless of what term?
Come on. Stand up for your beliefs.

Define what you mean by certain.

Old 02-17-2019, 05:24 PM

17,623 posts, read 6,911,503 times
I'll never understand the glee liberals have at the thought of killing babies. Ghouls.

Old 02-17-2019, 05:36 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesemont View Post
This is just more putrid leftwing pap, probably lies, to justify and promote New York's new infanticide law. If this story were true, all decent mothers would say "I am just glad we had the time with our child that we did". No one would say "I wish we had killed our child".

OK? This isn't a dog you wish you would have put down to keep it out of its misery. This is a person. A human being. Just more devaluation of human life from the hideous Marxist left.
You go Cheesy...firing on all cylinders now I see. "hideous Marxist left"..... Nothing like a good old fashioned scourge from the bully pulpit to prove your devout religiosity.

Old 02-17-2019, 05:36 PM

17,581 posts, read 13,355,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
Personally, I agree with the Founding Fathers of the Progressive movement. We can't progress our society, if the poor, the minorities and the immigrants are having multiple babies, while us educated, well off people, only have one or two. The math simply doesn't work. Imagine for example (this is not only about Black people) if the poor, Black population was 40% higher since Roe Vs. Wade? That's how many poor, Black babies we've been able to eliminate since Roe vs Wade. Imagine our public education system, our unemployment, our prison system, etc. if they had lived? While it's delicate to talk about in polite company, the Progressives view on this is right. We should have more abortion clinics. Put one on every corner of every poor, minority & immigrant neighborhood. I'd even support offering poor, single, expecting Mothers a one-time payment of $20k to have an abortion & be sterilized. Same with poor men. A one time payment in exchange for being sterilized. Same with incoming immigrants who need government assistance. There's just no reason a poor Somali immigrant (for example) on welfare, plus section 8 housing, plus food stamps, plus every other Govt program under the sun, should be having 7 kids. It would help even out income inequality, help save the environment, reduce the stress of poverty on society & help progress us toward a more perfect society.
This is crazy, almost anyone can get birth control for free. There are candy jars full of rubbers in every dorm of almost every college

Old 02-17-2019, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
I say it because it's true.
Naah, I already addressed your particular fetish.

Old 02-17-2019, 05:39 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,990,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorel36 View Post
Some of them certainly will. Despite the yells of some other posters, mental health is included as an exception.
According to what, a 1973 case about a Georgia law, Doe v. Bolton? NY can define "health" however it wants and is not bound by SCOTUS's decision in that case. SCOTUS defined "health" as encompassing psychological factors in 1973 and the world still hasn't ended due to shortage of live births due to a waterfall of abortions for mental health reasons, so to say this is a slippery slope argument/fear is an understatement. Read the case and don't just rely on things you hear from other people about it and how "health" was defined. Based on GA's statute, SCOTUS said health "may" be defined as including psychological factors (as in, if a state wants it to, and it is not clear what NY wants because NY seemingly did not define health), and also that a doctor is free to make his or her decision in his or her professional judgment, considering multiple factors of a woman's overall health. The NY law is similarly under a medical professional's discretion.

Again, it's misogynistic and women-hating to think women will start aborting their full-term babies for arbitrary reasons relating to their vague "mental health." No one who understands women or pregnancy would think this. It's equally ridiculous to think doctors will do the same. There will be no epidemic of late-term abortions just because a woman feels like it under the NY law.

Old 02-17-2019, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorel36 View Post
Some of them certainly will. Despite the yells of some other posters, mental health is included as an exception.
None of them will get away with simply "saying it". And you know this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies