Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2019, 06:29 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,558,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
What do you mean "who are we to judge"? lol We judge every day. Stop with the silly histrionics.

I wish she had practiced birth control like a responsible adult.
Jesus Christ, another who can’t be bothered to read.

Old 02-17-2019, 06:32 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,586,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
What do you mean "who are we to judge"? lol We judge every day. Stop with the silly histrionics.

I wish she had practiced birth control like a responsible adult.
Did you read the article?

Old 02-17-2019, 06:34 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,988,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Did you read the article?
Probably just another poster who believes she wasn't raped.

Old 02-17-2019, 06:34 PM

1,663 posts, read 876,353 times
Sad story. Fortunately medical need for late term abortion is extremely rare. Then there's other reasons....

Quote:
The researchers found that women in general delayed getting abortions if they are unsure they are pregnant, aren’t sure they want an abortion, and are disagreeing with the baby’s father.
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...erm-abortions/
Quote:
Certain groups of women are more likely than others to obtain abortions at 13 weeks or later.
  • According to analysis of a national sample of young women obtaining abortions in 2008, women with lower educational levels, black women and women who had experienced multiple disruptive life events in the last year—such as unemployment or separation from a partner—were more likely than others to have had an abortion at or beyond 13 weeks.
https://www.guttmacher.org/evidence-...later-abortion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
Personally, I agree with the Founding Fathers of the Progressive movement. We can't progress our society, if the poor, the minorities and the immigrants are having multiple babies, while us educated, well off people, only have one or two. The math simply doesn't work. Imagine for example (this is not only about Black people) if the poor, Black population was 40% higher since Roe Vs. Wade? That's how many poor, Black babies we've been able to eliminate since Roe vs Wade. Imagine our public education system, our unemployment, our prison system, etc. if they had lived? While it's delicate to talk about in polite company, the Progressives view on this is right. We should have more abortion clinics. Put one on every corner of every poor, minority & immigrant neighborhood. I'd even support offering poor, single, expecting Mothers a one-time payment of $20k to have an abortion & be sterilized. Same with poor men. A one time payment in exchange for being sterilized. Same with incoming immigrants who need government assistance. There's just no reason a poor Somali immigrant (for example) on welfare, plus section 8 housing, plus food stamps, plus every other Govt program under the sun, should be having 7 kids. It would help even out income inequality, help save the environment, reduce the stress of poverty on society & help progress us toward a more perfect society.
Why should we even allow anyone to come here if they can't support themselves and won't be an asset to the country?

Old 02-17-2019, 06:50 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,039,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesemont View Post
What a disgusting comment. Children are NOT disposable. You don't dispatch them because they are inconvenient. Intellectually disabled, though lots of trouble, are bundles of love. When did people because so callous as to disregard human life?
A mother with a fetus showing profound birth defects MUST be allowed to abort at any time. It is her life that matters, and no woman should be forced to care for a profoundly deformed child. Iceland no longer has ANY Down’s Syndrome. They simply do not allow that type of pregnancy to continue. There is no reason to force women to care for profoundly disabled future children. While in the fetal stage, it is humane and compassionate to abort a fetus before it can become a profoundly disabled child with a short painful inhuman life.

Old 02-17-2019, 06:59 PM

2,185 posts, read 1,382,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Based on GA's statute, SCOTUS said health "may" be defined as including psychological factors (as in, if a state wants it to, and it is not clear what NY wants because NY seemingly did not define health), and also that a doctor is free to make his or her decision in his or her professional judgment, considering multiple factors of a woman's overall health. The NY law is similarly under a medical professional's discretion.

This is exactly what I said. Read instead of assuming based on prejudice. And accusations of misogyny will get you nowhere. If you insist to have the right to kill your own babies, I insist on telling you it's not right.

Last edited by Sorel36; 02-17-2019 at 07:42 PM..

Old 02-17-2019, 07:14 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,206,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
So at least you abortion supporters admit it's a baby that she would have ended the life of. Right?

There are stories of women who are grateful for the time they had with their imperfect babies before they died.

The woman doesn't know that the baby was in pain. Abortion ends a life.

A sad story.
I can only hope you aren't and never will be a parent, if you think parents don't know if a baby is in pain or not.

The sad thing would be someone with such a lack of understanding thinking their opinion controls what others do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
I think you're a shill masquerading as a religious zealot.

Just my opinion but no one could possibly be this obtuse and expect to be taken seriously by anyone even moderately intelligent.

I really hope that person is trolling and not a Christian because they will be in for a sad surprise to get to Heaven only to be told that the Bible doesn't talk about abortion but does actually prohibit lying, the way they keep doing about the NY law.

Old 02-17-2019, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
I can only hope you aren't and never will be a parent

Why are you hoping he'll never be a parent. He's not the one advocating killing babies.

Old 02-17-2019, 07:29 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,988,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorel36 View Post
This is exactly what I said. Read instead of assuming based on prejudice. And accusations of misogynist will get you nowhere. If you insist to have the right to kill your own babies, I insist on telling you it's not right.
No, this is what you said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorel36 View Post
He is right because mental health is included. Meaning a woman can claim delivering the baby will harm her mental health and they will proceed with the late term abortion.
As if it will be easy, sure, no problem, some vague "mental health harm" = abortion, no questions. Not what the law says, as I showed. The idea that health means mental health comes from the case I cited, which I have seen many cite in the context of the NY law, which is obviously where they are getting the health = mental health idea from. But SCOTUS has not made that a required definition, and as far as we know, NY has not taken on that definition.

I will say what is appropriate to dispel yours and others' paranoid conspiracy theories about what is going to happen in states allowing mothers to abort later in pregnancy for their own health reasons or those of the fetus.

Old 02-17-2019, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
No, this is what you said:

As was said before. "Mental health" is a broad term not defined in that context and this does leave open the possibility that abortions will be performed based on a woman's statement. And this will happen for sure. You are obviously a misandrist otherwise you would not agree that a woman should be able kill a baby which was produced by two people. Babies have fathers too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies