Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2019, 01:06 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
I will treat these, and similar provisions, consistent with the President’s constitutional authority as Commander in Chief...

My Administration will treat each of these provisions consistent with the President’s constitutional authorities with respect to foreign relations...

I will treat this provision consistent with the President’s constitutional responsibility to faithfully execute the laws of the United States...

The President has well-established authority to supervise and oversee the executive branch and to rely on subordinates, including aides within the Executive Office of the President, to assist in supervising the executive branch...My Administration will, therefore, construe these restrictions in Division C, title II consistent with these Presidential duties...

I will construe these provisions not to apply to circumstances that would detract from my authority to supervise, control, and correct communications by Federal officers and employees with the Congress related to their official duties, including in cases where such communications would be unlawful or could reveal confidential information protected by executive privilege...

I will construe these, and similar provisions, consistent with my authority to control the dissemination of information protected by executive privilege...

Because the Constitution gives the President the authority to recommend “such Measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient”, my Administration will continue the practice of treating provisions like these as advisory and non-binding...

These are impermissible forms of congressional aggrandizement in the execution of the laws other than by the enactment of statutes. My Administration will make appropriate efforts to notify the relevant committees before taking the specified actions and will accord the recommendations of such committees all appropriate and serious consideration, but it will not treat spending decisions as dependent on the approval of congressional committees.
"He's an idiot!!!11!"

Sure, Jan.

lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2019, 01:10 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,710,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesemont View Post
Trump proves every day why he is the best negotiator in the world. You knew he would get the wall.

Yep, three dimensional "Go Fish", resulting in the illusion of a wall. So thrilling!

29,823 posts, read 24,913,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
The only people Trump is tricking are his stupid base of supporters.

Ya, keep tellin yourself that... Orange man bad, cause the TV said so

Meanwhile, ordinary citizens witness a man actually working to protect America. Something Hillary would have never done. Pretty much cements a 2020 victory for Trump. I hope Hillary runs again! She can whine about fantasy gender issues all she wants, but Americans demand real results to real problems. And with Trump, they get real results. Something liberals and dimwit dems could never produce.

7,713 posts, read 4,749,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Negative. Your OP clearly states he is calling out parts of this law (that he signed) that he is not going to abide by. That would be not following the law. But we already know the crime family occupying the WH doesn’t care about laws. That’s why so many of his associates are going to jail and the noose is still tightening.

No, following the Constitution is the law.

Old 02-17-2019, 01:16 PM

3,129 posts, read 1,332,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Why wouldn't you as a moderate not raise the same objection when the democrats pull their dirty tricks including passing legislation no one has time to read before a gov. shut down would begin ? Why ?
I do. But if I did it every time I saw it in these forums you would see me responding to practically every single post, because the problem has reached epic proportions on both sides (not to mention the media).

Old 02-17-2019, 01:21 PM

6,737 posts, read 4,421,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
I think that the title of this thread should have been, "The people of the United States are losing again".

Tricking (cheating) someone is not really winning, in my opinion. But, then, how many times has Trump been honest?

Trumps philosophy on winning is borrowing hundreds of millions of dollars and not paying it back. Sc***ing the banks and contractors in the process. When he trying to be his most honest, is when he is setting you up for his next con job.

Old 02-17-2019, 01:22 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,558,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
So you are saying the POTUS is not going to follow the law?

That would be a BAD thing to anyone but completely brainwashed koolaid drinkers that actually want a dictator.

Trumpetts would love for Trump to declare himself dictator for life. As a matter of fact, several posters on here have said that.

Old 02-17-2019, 01:27 PM

21,938 posts, read 9,508,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Ya, keep tellin yourself that... Orange man bad, cause the TV said so

Meanwhile, ordinary citizens witness a man actually working to protect America. Something Hillary would have never done. Pretty much cements a 2020 victory for Trump. I hope Hillary runs again! She can whine about fantasy gender issues all she wants, but Americans demand real results to real problems. And with Trump, they get real results. Something liberals and dimwit dems could never produce.

Old 02-17-2019, 01:29 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,414,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
No, following the Constitution is the law.
No, the president does not get to ignore laws if he feels they violate the Constitution. The Constitution does not contain anything specific to the sections he called out anyway.

Old 02-17-2019, 01:32 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,414,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Trumpetts would love for Trump to declare himself dictator for life. As a matter of fact, several posters on here have said that.
Oh I know, a significant fraction of the GOP base loves Trump so much they would be ok with suspending the next election to keep him.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ion/555769001/

The man is the biggest threat to democracy that we’ve seen in a very long time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies