Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2019, 02:38 PM

17,767 posts, read 13,656,554 times

Advertisements

Tricky Dick would be proud of Tricky Trump...........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2019, 02:38 PM

68,326 posts, read 54,336,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
Trump issued a statement in essence saying he's going to take the money for the border wall, but will not abide by any of the conditions, clauses or poison pills written into the bill by the D's if he deems they will "interfere with the exercise of the President’s constitutional authorities. He goes paragraph by paragraph and explains what he will not abide by. America wins...again!

Statement by the President:
https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings...-president-28/

Trump won't abide by something he signed?

Just business as usual for the Grifter in Chief.

Old 02-17-2019, 02:45 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,446,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
And if you lose you going to drop it? My crystal ball says not a chance, you'll just move on to Plan B or C whichever is the next plan to destroy the little bit of this Country we have. The fact is the Republican's and the folks on the right are downright tired of trying to do the right thing in a civilized debatable way. You've thrown us against the wall and we (mostly they congress and senate Republicans) have caved and caved over decades. Well guess what.... we the silent majority earned that name for a reason. We are also shedding it for a reason. We've learned your tactics. It's time to fight fire with fire. It will take decades, but I say we go for the big ones.....we take back our schools, our media, and we take back our security.
I hate to say it, I really do, but this is the kind of rhetoric that brought on the fascists of Italy and Spain.

Just sayin' ...

Old 02-17-2019, 02:47 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,508,708 times
Once when I was in high school, I asked my dad for $100 so I could take this really fine girl out on a date. He was hesitant at first. He thought that was a lot of money. But he listened and agreed to give me a hundred bucks later that week to take that fine girl out on a date.

When I told my friends, they were like, "No, you don't need a hundred bucks, dude. You need $250."

So I went back to my dad and told him that upon further consideration, I needed 250 dollars instead. At first he thought I was kidding because we already had an agreement in place When he saw I was not kidding, he was angry because, again, we aready had a deal in place. But because I was so skilled at negotiating, I would not take the $100.

A few days passed and the date was quickly approaching. I tried to hold firm to the $250, but I caved and said, "OK, I'll take the hundred bucks." But Dad was having none of that and after more negotiating, we agreed he would give me a $20 bill. I went on a low key date. Burger King instead of Outback and instead of a movie, I shined my car lights on the side of a barn and did hand pupets in the glare of the light on the wall.

According to Trump and his loyalists, however, I won that round of negotiations!

Old 02-17-2019, 02:49 PM

1,991 posts, read 898,964 times
Quote:
And if you lose you going to drop it? My crystal ball says not a chance, you'll just move on to Plan B or C whichever is the next plan to destroy the little bit of this Country we have. The fact is the Republican's and the folks on the right are downright tired of trying to do the right thing in a civilized debatable way. You've thrown us against the wall and we (mostly they congress and senate Republicans) have caved and caved over decades. Well guess what.... we the silent majority earned that name for a reason. We are also shedding it for a reason. We've learned your tactics. It's time to fight fire with fire. It will take decades, but I say we go for the big ones.....we take back our schools, our media, and we take back our security.
Republicans in Congress see Trump’s ED for what it is. A power grab by the Executive Branch. Now, if they have the cajones to do anything about it, that is another thing.

Old 02-17-2019, 02:54 PM

3,997 posts, read 4,139,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
I hate to say it, I really do, but this is the kind of rhetoric that brought on the fascists of Italy and Spain.

Just sayin' ...
Fascists are not on the right. Take your antifa rhetoric someplace else. I bought it for years, but I am not buying it anymore. Maybe I should take a play from your book..... you called me a name...waa...waaa...waaa.... safe space needed...... screw that.... I really am at the point that quite frankly I don't give a damn what someone calls me. It's not fascist to fight back, it is however a fascist tactic to make their opponent look like a fascist truth be damned......

Old 02-17-2019, 02:56 PM

20,085 posts, read 8,991,411 times
Trump's in charge, step aside. Trump always wins.

Old 02-17-2019, 02:58 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,446,285 times
Quote:
Fascists are not on the right. ....
Uhh, yes they are.

Fascism is a right wing movement. They espoused militant conservatism, they evoked traditional values which is why they put religion and the church in such an important place among their priorities. They also were hard on labor unions. They received support from the wealthy elites, who benefited from those policies.

To put this in high relief, just look at the Spanish civil war, and look at whom the major players were, what were their priorities. What were the factions fighting and dying for?

I invite anyone to check it out themselves, all the literature on the subject is freely available.

Last edited by Hesychios; 02-17-2019 at 03:08 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 02-17-2019, 02:59 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,282,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Once when I was in high school, I asked my dad for $100 so I could take this really fine girl out on a date. He was hesitant at first. He thought that was a lot of money. But he listened and agreed to give me a hundred bucks later that week to take that fine girl out on a date.

When I told my friends, they were like, "No, you don't need a hundred bucks, dude. You need $250."

So I went back to my dad and told him that upon further consideration, I needed 250 dollars instead. At first he thought I was kidding because we already had an agreement in place When he saw I was not kidding, he was angry because, again, we aready had a deal in place. But because I was so skilled at negotiating, I would not take the $100.

A few days passed and the date was quickly approaching. I tried to hold firm to the $250, but I caved and said, "OK, I'll take the hundred bucks." But Dad was having none of that and after more negotiating, we agreed he would give me a $20 bill. I went on a low key date. Burger King instead of Outback and instead of a movie, I shined my car lights on the side of a barn and did hand pupets in the glare of the light on the wall.

According to Trump and his loyalists, however, I won that round of negotiations!
Hahaha! The true art of the deal on display.

Did you marry that lucky girl?

Old 02-17-2019, 03:03 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,743,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC23 View Post
It’s called a compromise for the good of all. It’s what the adults in the room do. We will leave Trump to his tantrums. See you in court. That is all.
Why did we even have to compromise? The Dems also wanted to build and fund a wall. That's well documented. only because Trump also wanted to do it, did the D's do a 180' on their principles & oppose it. "The adults in the room"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies