Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2019, 01:11 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,909,844 times

Advertisements

....the Narrative that says that kids who protest the Pledge, or America's past, or Trump, or blah blah blah, are all wonderful little heroes. The Left is trying to protect and save those daring little Truth Seekers. Blah blah blah.

(Bear in mind, this is from the supposedly NOT-biased New York Post. Just goes to show how far the goalposts have been moved by the left...):

https://nypost.com/2019/02/17/11-yea...of-allegiance/

Obviously. the writers (and editors) feel pretty secure and happy that the sheeple will read this, put two and two together, and think, "how dare they arrest him for not standing for the Pledge!!". THAT will advance the Narrative. But go ahead and read the actual whole story: after the little moron got mouthy with the substitute teacher, she got the office involved, and then he freaked out. And he started threatening people (including the school cop!). THAT is why he was arrested. Gotta bury THAT part of the story, though, as it does not advance the Narrative.

The sheeple will lap it up, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2019, 01:16 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,569,361 times
When he told her he believed the flag was racist and the anthem was offensive, Alvarez asked him “why if it was so bad here he did not go to another place to live,” the teacher said in a statement to the school district.
The teacher said he replied, “they brought me here.”
Alvarez then told him, “Well you can always go back, because I came here from Cuba and the day I feel I’m not welcome here anymore I would find another place to live.”

What kind of a response is that by an adult? The kid is 11, like he can just up & say "I'm outta here"? A stupid reply by a stupid person.

Old 02-17-2019, 01:21 PM

30,274 posts, read 23,756,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
....the Narrative that says that kids who protest the Pledge, or America's past, or Trump, or blah blah blah, are all wonderful little heroes. The Left is trying to protect and save those daring little Truth Seekers. Blah blah blah.

(Bear in mind, this is from the supposedly NOT-biased New York Post. Just goes to show how far the goalposts have been moved by the left...):

https://nypost.com/2019/02/17/11-yea...of-allegiance/

Obviously. the writers (and editors) feel pretty secure and happy that the sheeple will read this, put two and two together, and think, "how dare they arrest him for not standing for the Pledge!!". THAT will advance the Narrative. But go ahead and read the actual whole story: after the little moron got mouthy with the substitute teacher, she got the office involved, and then he freaked out. And he started threatening people (including the school cop!). THAT is why he was arrested. Gotta bury THAT part of the story, though, as it does not advance the Narrative.

The sheeple will lap it up, though.
Yeah, when this story was linked in another thread, I read the entire story to find out why he was arrested. I agree that a teacher asking a child why he doesn't move somewhere else is stupid...he's a child, he has no control over that.

However, not once did "Yahoo! News" state any of what you just mentioned. I'm just so shocked by that.

Old 02-17-2019, 01:38 PM

3,617 posts, read 1,823,349 times
The truth of the matter is the ENTIRE reason this happened is because the teacher did NOT approve of this child's natural right to free speech, or in this particular case, his natural right to NOT participate in speech which is designed to indoctrinate people, therefore ordered the young man to participate.

She, as an arm of the state (the government) via the public school system, demanded he engage in "approved" political speech, equally demanding he was prohibited from not participating. I see little wiggle room for this public school because I honestly believe this is a clear violation of the child's natural right to free speech. Then to get the office, possibly the principal and then the school's police officer involved because the kid stood up for his natural rights, which is completely intolerable in the indoctrination camp where one is taught to stand in line and follow all instructions, or else?

I do not see this ending well for the school, but then again, that's just MY opinion, for what it's worth.

Old 02-17-2019, 01:46 PM

I had a lot of different teachers who acted crappy in a variety of ways. Every one can say the same. But not once did I get arrested, due to said teachers. This kid is a punk moron, raised by crappy parents. THAT is the problem here.

Old 02-17-2019, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Yeah, when this story was linked in another thread, I read the entire story to find out why he was arrested. I agree that a teacher asking a child why he doesn't move somewhere else is stupid...he's a child, he has no control over that.

However, not once did "Yahoo! News" state any of what you just mentioned. I'm just so shocked by that.
Yahoo News is as bad as AP and Reuters.....which is saying something.

Old 02-18-2019, 06:21 AM

17,007 posts, read 12,602,310 times
Kids being indoctrinated by the adults in their lives.

Nothing to see.

Happens ALL THE TIME.

FROM ALL SIDES.

Old 02-18-2019, 06:24 AM

45,590 posts, read 27,215,643 times
Too many "narratives" these days... not enough actual reporting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies