Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2019, 12:17 PM

19,840 posts, read 12,099,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
NO, it doesn't. That's only in the minds of raving lunatic lefties who can't get the F over the fact that their stupid queen didn't get her coronation.

The left needs to grow the hell up. MAGA stands for "Make America Great Again". That's it!

Lefties having meltdowns over MAGA hats are their own personal mental issues. You don't get to alter reality just because you can't stand Trump. Get. Over. It. If you can't, use Google to look up a therapist in your area.

This could be reposted in almost every thread.

Old 02-18-2019, 12:18 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,808,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
I don't think you understand what the MAGA hat stands for as a symbol. Wearing a Biden/Harris shirt is supporting those politicians and the policies they endorse. The MAGA hat stands for hatred and division. There is a reason hate crimes have surged under the current President.

Here is a decent opinion piece on the subject. "...Do you know why people think MAGA hats are a symbol of hatred? Because people wearing them keep doing hateful things.

Those guys who waved Tiki torches and murdered Heather Hayer at Charlottesville? The Unite the Right organizer encouraged them to “Bring your MAGA hats if you’ve got ’em.” The result was a slew of people chanting Nazi slogans while wearing Make America Great Again hats..."

https://www.harpersbazaar.com/cultur...ean-explained/

Own it, embrace it if you insist on wearing it.
Wearing a MAGA hat and a Hillary or Biden T-shirt is EXACTLY the same thing. That you see it differently is your own bias and hatred.

Old 02-18-2019, 12:20 PM

16,590 posts, read 8,605,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Children? Isn’t a 14 year old a high schooler? High schoolers aren’t children, nope.
So he told them to eff off. Oh well, not like they haven’t heard that endlessly already & most likely toss it around themselves. Worker got fired, rightfully. End of story. Nothing to see here folks. But keep clutching your pearls, exclaiming “But what about the CHILDREN????” It’s so so insincere.
Yes, a 14 year old is typically in HS, and yes they are still kids.

Funny how you say in one breath the worker got fired, end of story, yet make it seem as if complaining about these fools is wrong.
This is not an isolated incident, and much worse is occurring. Like the black customer at a Cheesecake Factory restaurant being told he must take off his MAGA hat or leave. Then when he objected he was called "uncle Tom" & racist names, then threatened.

I don't look for confrontations, but am tempted to buy and start wearing a MAGA hat to see if any of these punks try to mess with me. I or anyone else should be able to wear a non offensive political hat in public, whether it be MAGA or I'm With Her.
The attempts to try and intimidate Trump supporters, or turn his brand into something hateful has gotten way out of hand.

`

Old 02-18-2019, 12:21 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,185,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Come on now, these are inclusive people who wish to "COEXIST" with everyone.

Everyone who thinks as they do, that is.
No, there are certain ideologies that are incompatible with a decent and just society. MAGA hats are more than hats, they are symbols of a cancer that must be removed from society. Education is one positive thing we can use to kill this cancer from spreading. Anyone have other ideas?

Old 02-18-2019, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
Wearing a MAGA hat and a Hillary or Biden T-shirt is EXACTLY the same thing. That you see it differently is your own bias and hatred.

You can tell that the poster you responded to is too far gone to have any semblance of reason or perspective to grasp what you are saying.

`

Old 02-18-2019, 12:25 PM

Quote:
No, there are certain ideologies that are incompatible with a decent and just society. MAGA hats are more than hats, they are symbols of a cancer that must be removed from society. Education is one positive thing we can use to kill this cancer from spreading. Anyone have other ideas?
Yes there are certain ideologies that will be the destruction of this country but no one is calling for you to be removed like cancer AFAIK.

Old 02-18-2019, 12:25 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,601,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Yes, a 14 year old is typically in HS, and yes they are still kids.

Funny how you say in one breath the worker got fired, end of story, yet make it seem as if complaining about these fools is wrong.
This is not an isolated incident, and much worse is occurring. Like the black customer at a Cheesecake Factory restaurant being told he must take off his MAGA hat or leave. Then when he objected he was called "uncle Tom" & racist names, then threatened.

I don't look for confrontations, but am tempted to buy and start wearing a MAGA hat to see if any of these punks try to mess with me. I or anyone else should be able to wear a non offensive political hat in public, whether it be MAGA or I'm With Her.
The attempts to try and intimidate Trump supporters, or turn his brand into something hateful has gotten way out of hand.

`
AFAIC, you doing that (donning a MAGA cap) is a similar act to the scene in American History X when Ed Norton goes to work out in the prison gym, and takes his shirt off, showing his "flag" (i.e. his Nazi tattoos). It just lets people who don't agree with you know that you are enemies

Old 02-18-2019, 12:27 PM

Quote:

Based on your rant that redwood66 just responded to, you are totally infected with TDS.

Your perspective actually sounds about as un-American as it comes.

Demonize the opposition party, say it is evil, and want to find ways to dehumanize them to the point of justifying harming them.

`

Old 02-18-2019, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
AFAIC, you doing that (donning a MAGA cap) is a similar act to the scene in American History X when Ed Norton goes to work out in the prison gym, and takes his shirt off, showing his "flag" (i.e. his Nazi tattoos). It just lets people who don't agree with you know that you are enemies
The hatred is strong in this one. Hate Trumps Love.

Old 02-18-2019, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
I didn't see the movie, so maybe I am missing your point. Do you think people should not be able to wear political hats, have bumper stickers, etc. without fear of some type of attack?

`
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies