Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2019, 12:29 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,604,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
The hatred is strong in this one. Hate Trumps Love.
Hell, it's the reason I've never put a campaign bumper sticker on my car, or worn any politcal clothing. I'm not a hypocrite after all

Old 02-18-2019, 12:29 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,250,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
I don't think you understand what the MAGA hat stands for as a symbol. Wearing a Biden/Harris shirt is supporting those politicians and the policies they endorse. The MAGA hat stands for hatred and division. There is a reason hate crimes have surged under the current President.

Here is a decent opinion piece on the subject. "...Do you know why people think MAGA hats are a symbol of hatred? Because people wearing them keep doing hateful things.

Those guys who waved Tiki torches and murdered Heather Hayer at Charlottesville? The Unite the Right organizer encouraged them to “Bring your MAGA hats if you’ve got ’em.” The result was a slew of people chanting Nazi slogans while wearing Make America Great Again hats..."

https://www.harpersbazaar.com/cultur...ean-explained/

Own it, embrace it if you insist on wearing it.
No. That is the political strategy of your leftist leaders.

“Change the definition to something really bad and then less people will vote for the other side.”

If you fall for that, that is your problem.

I reject your new definition of the hat, and everything else you guys seem to be redefining these days.

Old 02-18-2019, 12:35 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,809,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Hell, it's the reason I've never put a campaign bumper sticker on my car, or worn any politcal clothing. I'm not a hypocrite after all
I won't either because people are asshats.

Old 02-18-2019, 12:41 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,834,310 times
Quote:
AFAIC, you doing that (donning a MAGA cap) is a similar act to the scene in American History X when Ed Norton goes to work out in the prison gym, and takes his shirt off, showing his "flag" (i.e. his Nazi tattoos). It just lets people who don't agree with you know that you are enemies

TDS. We must find a cure!

Old 02-18-2019, 12:42 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Kind of like the right attacked Ahmed Mohamed or "Clock Boy" as you all called him. Or, what about the survivors of Parkland? Parkland"]
Parkland[/url]
Are you kidding? That was a hoax from the beginning designed to extort money out of the school district. His sister tried another scam in the past; this was orchestrated by the father.

He did not even "make" a clock- it was purchased from Wal Mart and he modified it to make it look like a bomb, which produced the desired effect.

Obama, of course, loved him for his "courageous act" (gee............I thought we called it extortion) as he was a convenient PR tool to show that Muslims are just misunderstood terrorists and mass murderers. No reason to fear them!

So the fact that you support another hoaxster who was also an extortionist speaks volumes.

Old 02-18-2019, 12:42 PM

3,637 posts, read 1,698,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Amazing that so many of those on the left will attack children. I suppose it's not a surprise-party of pedophiles being shown as the party of child abusers.

Huh uh, do you REALLY want us to post a very long list of REPUBLICAN politicians who have been found guilty of pedophilia ? I have it in my computer, if you would like .

Oh, and it wasn't OUR President who has thousands of children separated from their parents at the border for months and months.

I wouldn't go there if I were you.

Old 02-18-2019, 12:43 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,185,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post

Based on your rant that redwood66 just responded to, you are totally infected with TDS.

Your perspective actually sounds about as un-American as it comes.

Demonize the opposition party, say it is evil, and want to find ways to dehumanize them to the point of justifying harming them.

`
I said one way to eradicate hatred is through education. Do you have other ideas you'd like to share? I don't believe in violence (even if my words are violent). Again, there are certain ideologies that are not compatible with a fair and just society. Since nobody here is actually saying they do NOT support the hatred spewed by the people wearing this hat, I can only conclude that you indeed believe slogans like, "Jew will not replace us." Is this not a troubling statement or do you all agree with it?

Anyway, to the poster that thinks I am not over Hillary. HUH??? That was over 2 years ago. If it weren't for AOC, the right wing here would still be droning on and on about her. Everyone else has moved on but people like you keep bringing her up for some reason.

Old 02-18-2019, 12:50 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,833,471 times
Quote:
Likewise, to me it is a question of; Sure nothing will probably happen, but why open up that risk vector for no reason. Plus they look tacky AF.

Old 02-18-2019, 12:51 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,624,440 times
Quote:
Kind of like the right attacked Ahmed Mohamed or "Clock Boy" as you all called him. Or, what about the survivors of Parkland? Parkland"]
Parkland[/url]
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Yep. Cons have displayed that they have ZERO moral high ground to stand on after that.
Yeah--comparing a kid wearing a hat to some kid who brought what looked like a bomb to school..yeah..to libs its the same. Ridiculous

Liberals say things that are stupid beyond belief..

Old 02-18-2019, 12:54 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Yes, a 14 year old is typically in HS, and yes they are still kids.

Funny how you say in one breath the worker got fired, end of story, yet make it seem as if complaining about these fools is wrong.
This is not an isolated incident, and much worse is occurring. Like the black customer at a Cheesecake Factory restaurant being told he must take off his MAGA hat or leave. Then when he objected he was called "uncle Tom" & racist names, then threatened.

I don't look for confrontations, but am tempted to buy and start wearing a MAGA hat to see if any of these punks try to mess with me. I or anyone else should be able to wear a non offensive political hat in public, whether it be MAGA or I'm With Her.
The attempts to try and intimidate Trump supporters, or turn his brand into something hateful has gotten way out of hand.

`
Hey, we could always screech “FAKE NEWS”, the broken record of the right. I mean, who’s to say this is even real?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies