Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 10:29 PM

211 posts, read 290,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweattea View Post
I agree the numbers are small but their are a few kooks mainly KKK types. It's very disturbing, it's almost like they are trying to fan a flame for another holocaust because they deny the previous one existed.
So now denouncing Israel's war crimes is equal to racism or "fanning a flame for another Holocaust?"

Are people here totally stupid?

Is the UN's dozens of resoltions towards Israel "fanning the flames?" Are Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch anti-Semitic?

Why is it that Israel's crimes are given a pass? Has the world fallen on its head?

The fact is more Americans are waking up to Israel's crimes and the rabid Zionists can no longer scream racism/anti-Semitism just because someone disagrees with Israel's war crimes. Why is one who does not agree with Iran's policies not slandered a racist?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2006, 11:00 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,165,460 times
Most people don't understand the difference between a Jew and a Zionist. I think that is a lot of the problem.

I have quite a few Jewish friends. None of them are Zionists.

Old 12-21-2006, 04:43 PM

860 posts, read 1,336,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNLove View Post
Yeah, just imagine how advanced this country would be if we suddenly plunged 4,000 years into the past.
And just think about how many people would not have been killed? What makes you think technological advancement has anything to do with leading a good life? Seems to me that America uses it's technological superiority to cause nothing but trouble. I don't know why you would want to be so advanced if all that advanced nation does is make war on others, ignore genocides because they can't gain from it, abuse their citizens for money, etc.

Some advancement.

Old 12-21-2006, 06:45 PM

421 posts, read 347,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiru View Post
And just think about how many people would not have been killed? What makes you think technological advancement has anything to do with leading a good life? Seems to me that America uses it's technological superiority to cause nothing but trouble. I don't know why you would want to be so advanced if all that advanced nation does is make war on others, ignore genocides because they can't gain from it, abuse their citizens for money, etc.

Some advancement.

What country do you admire? Who can we take a lesson from?

I can't think of one country besides the USA that I'd like to be a citizen of.

Old 12-21-2006, 06:55 PM

1,022 posts, read 3,474,647 times
Quote:

Normaly neither could I, But right now i'm thinking The Bahamas lol

Old 12-21-2006, 08:50 PM

22,913 posts, read 28,249,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Most people don't understand the difference between a Jew and a Zionist. I think that is a lot of the problem.

Applause for UB50. Loud applause.

Old 12-22-2006, 04:34 AM

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post

Thanks for saying that. You could call me a "non-Zionist" Jew - I support and love the people/state of Israel, but do not always like their government. Nor do I love the actions of certain individuals, on both sides of the argument... which can be said about people of ANY country.

Old 12-22-2006, 04:39 AM

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times
Quote:

Canada? Seriously, I love being a citizen of the USA, but there are other good countries out there... I don't know enough about world politics to compare in detail, though I'm sure some decent ones exist! I've traveled all over the world, and found some places I wouldn't mind living - Holland, England & Italy, for example. I'm sure they aren't perfect by any means, but they seem to have most things together. In reality, I'd probably only consider living in Canada, since it's very close to the US (geographically and culturally).

Old 12-22-2006, 08:48 AM

10,203 posts, read 27,112,167 times
We could learn lots from various countries. For example, if we can gone to the Dutch at the outset of the Katrina Hurricane we might have found a solution quickly. The Dutch have been reclaiming land from water for centuries. While I lived there, and my husband is an urban planner, they created an entire series of villages--from water.

We could learn how to develop regional plans so that housing, employment and services are more evently distributed throughout the country and decrease taxes. This is done in most major social democracies in the EU.

We could learn how to improve our educational system(s) and perhaps reduce taxes. Many EU countries (the Netherlands, for example) have significantly better schools. Often a transfer student is given 2 grade credits from Dutch, German and Danish schools.

And as far as citizenry, I like being an American, but if I had been born in Amsterdam, Palermo, or elsewhere, I'd do just fine and cry, patrina, too! And have more retirement dollars/Euros

Quote:

Old 12-22-2006, 09:10 AM

512 posts, read 1,754,573 times
Support Israel as much as possible. They deserve it. The only valid democracy in that region.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies