Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2019, 02:29 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,821,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by unlblkrubi View Post
Screw free childcare, Why the hell should I pay for YOUR kids?
I would guess you are getting a lot of rep for that comment...I know I gave you some.

Progressives think it takes a village to raise a child. I don't think this will be popular with middle of the road independents. The more ideas like this that the Dems have the better chance the GOP keeps the White House.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2019, 02:36 PM

5,462 posts, read 3,034,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
I would guess you are getting a lot of rep for that comment...I know I gave you some.

Progressives think it takes a village to raise a child. I don't think this will be popular with middle of the road independents. The more ideas like this that the Dems have the better chance the GOP keeps the White House.
Trickle down economics never works , but trickle down meanness always works. Your post and your quoted post are examples.

Old 02-20-2019, 02:57 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,596,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Georgia already offers free instate tuition.
Mexico has free college too, dont they?

Old 02-20-2019, 03:07 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,037,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
Trickle down economics never works , but trickle down meanness always works. Your post and your quoted post are examples.
Stealing other people’s money because you have “need” is VERY MEAN. You know what’s even meaner? Voting for a State that makes such theft public policy, enforced with the police power and threat of imprisonment.

Old 02-20-2019, 03:13 PM

3,405 posts, read 2,732,254 times
The $50,000 number is a joke. There are places where that's a big income # and everyone is going to be eligible, where in other high cost of living area's it's not going to help hardly anyone.

Old 02-20-2019, 03:37 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,009,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
You can say it all day.
I don't have to say anything--she won't win the Presidency

Old 02-20-2019, 03:41 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,009,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstarling View Post
Immigrant costs would be far less if we weren’t paying private firms millions to detain them.
I would like to give them court dates, ankle bracelets and temporary work permits (employers would have to cooperate and everyone would pay taxes) they would have to work, pay taxes, go to court to prove they have no criminal background. Most importantly they need to work and pay a fair tax and follow the law.
Paying for kids education will benefit us all in the long run. In a generation or two we will get a huge return on investment.
If that works, why even have a border or any laws? Why not just let anyone in?

Old 02-20-2019, 04:06 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
I don't have to say anything--she won't win the Presidency
I don't think so either but we will continue to subsidize day care.

Old 02-20-2019, 04:49 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,037,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I don't think so either but we will continue to subsidize day care.
Which is a crime against families by enabling institutional warehousing of children. The results of which, in combination with decrepit public schooling, yields today's SJW idiots who roam the landscape buried in Instagram and entertaining the election of zombies like an Occasional-Cortex or a Sanders or a Pocahantas. Why? Because they'll give them student loan relief and a virtual pardon from selecting stupid majors like psychology or gender studies or history, none of which have any marketability or use, aside from professional eterna-whining about the entitlement of anyone beside their sorry asses.

Old 02-20-2019, 05:28 PM

5,462 posts, read 3,034,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
Stealing other people’s money because you have “need” is VERY MEAN. You know what’s even meaner? Voting for a State that makes such theft public policy, enforced with the police power and threat of imprisonment.
Are you talking about the corporations and investors?? Because they have tax laws written to their favor and protected by the government. And they still have profits every year and not the "need" like each one of us.

You can take this war mongering or police mongering to people in the "rallies" . In a free society like America that will never happen any time soon. However it may happen if more people come to streets unable to support themselves and the gap betweeen .000025 and common folks widen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies