Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2019, 08:27 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,536,243 times

Advertisements

Let’s set aside “if some of you are able” Trump Vs Hillary, left Vs right for a moment here please.

Sorry for the crappy title.

The last few days I’ve been watching some of these types of videos on YouTube. These two were shot in West Virginia and the other in the panhandle of Texas. Like with anyone running for office they get on stage and flap their collective gums, and lie to thier voters in the American people as a whole.

These two focus on Trump and the people who voted for him and will vote for him. The video in WV is before he took office. Here’s my point before your ADD kicks in. Despite who voted for who be it Hillary or Trump, etc. towns and people are suffering barely making ends meet. As a country why are our elected officials not held accountable for not doing as they promised? I’ve been homeless and have lived on the streets before. Twice. No one was with me I was on my own.

These people have kids and grandchildren, yet so many are not making ends meet. Should the president “whoever it happens to be.” given two years to make some forward steps in the right direction? I think they should have to step down. Maybe two years is too short of a time, let’s say four years at most.

In the end towns like this that used to offer jobs and hope are dieing out and regardless whose in office, nothing truly changes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38DY...&feature=share

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vC2...&feature=share
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2019, 08:36 PM

20,102 posts, read 9,018,880 times
Hillary told those working in the coal industry she was going to leave them unemployed. She was sooo stupid.

Old 02-19-2019, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post

Hillary told those working in the coal industry she was going to leave them unemployed. She was sooo stupid.
Well that did last long and that’s not entirely true.

Old 02-19-2019, 08:54 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
She made the comment during a March 13 CNN Town Hall. Journalist Roland Martin asked, in effect, why should poor white people vote for her.

In her response, Clinton did say that she would be putting coal companies out of business, as a result of moving toward renewable energy sources. But she followed that by saying she wanted to create new economic opportunities for current coal workers, possibly spurred by clean energy development.
https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...out-coal-jobs/

You just love the fake news.

Old 02-19-2019, 08:56 PM

8,447 posts, read 4,752,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Here’s my point before your ADD kicks in.
Too late. As soon as someone insults me for spending the time to read his thread, I stop reading it. Whatever your point was though, Orange Man did not take anybody's mining job away.

Old 02-19-2019, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
Too late. As soon as someone insults me for spending the time to read his thread, I stop reading it. Whatever your point was though, Orange Man did not take anybody's mining job away.
Whatever suits you then, and for thr record I have ADD and I wasn’t insulted.

It’s not what the videos are about.

Old 02-19-2019, 09:53 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,809,067 times
I only watched the first video and Roberts County seems to be just fine and the people interviewed are happy that it is still the same, except for the estate tax that is. Why do they need to change if they don't want to?

Old 02-20-2019, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
I only watched the first video and Roberts County seems to be just fine and the people interviewed are happy that it is still the same, except for the estate tax that is. Why do they need to change if they don't want to?
You have a land that’s worth say $2 million and you want to leave it to your kids. They will have to pay half of the taxes on $2 million.

Old 02-20-2019, 06:43 AM

3,997 posts, read 4,142,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
She made the comment during a March 13 CNN Town Hall. Journalist Roland Martin asked, in effect, why should poor white people vote for her.

In her response, Clinton did say that she would be putting coal companies out of business, as a result of moving toward renewable energy sources. But she followed that by saying she wanted to create new economic opportunities for current coal workers, possibly spurred by clean energy development.
https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...out-coal-jobs/

You just love the fake news.
And just like the left always does, she makes fake promises, gives no realistic new ideas to solve the problem, and when elected does absolutely nothing for the people she made the promises to. Talk about fake. We've seen it before, and just like AOC talking about destroying our oil/gas industry it'll continue.

Old 02-20-2019, 06:47 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,992,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
......Should the president “whoever it happens to be.” given two years to make some forward steps in the right direction? ........

A, B, and C.

A: "the right direction" depends upon opinion and what the President may see and those in one part of the country may differ. Further, when it comes to national affairs and how they interact with world affairs, "right now" or "two years" may not be the right time.

B: When it comes to who I vote for, I do not follow them but read their web page, their platform, perhaps the dossier very soon before the vote.

C: I do not spend my time to watch videos or for that matter, even speeches. I read the transcripts. Hence, don't ask me to watch a 40 minute video, please provide the transcript.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies