Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will the Michael Cohen testimony bring enough dirt on Trump to impeach?
Yes, i believe it will 44 14.15%
It will definitely hurt Trump but not enough to impeach 104 33.44%
No, basically it will be a nothingburger 163 52.41%
Voters: 311. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2019, 09:16 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,487,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Cohen testified to an incredible amount of deceit and manipulation.

It was like watching John Dean testify to the Senate Watergate Committee.

https://twitter.com/NickKristof/stat...89184984813569
I can’t agree with this current description of Cohen as some modern day version of John Dean
There is really little similarity and Dean is kind of slimed by being considered the attorney Cohen resembles
Cohen was Trump’s personal/private attorney
John Dean was the Don McGahn of Nixon’s WH
John Dean had a law degree from a top tier law school
Cohen’s degree was from probably one of the worst in the US
Cohen self-admitted to helping Trump lie, cheat, steal for about the entire decade he worked for him
Dean was part of the Watergate conspiracy AFTER it was hatched and bungled and once he realized what the intent of Nixon and his staff was came forward to spill the beans and implicate not just himself but the others

There is really no comparison between Dean and Cohen in my mind except I know Dean was pilloried by the GOP members on the Watergate investigation just as Cohen was today

It is interesting to me that when Cohen lied to protect Trump, he found favor with the GOP who interviewed him and who were happy to take his lies at face value—
Now that Cohen has been caught in the lies and has been judged guilty through evidence and admission—and is going to prison for those crimes—the GOP only want to castigate him for being an admitted liar...

Not one of them complained about their inability to see through his lies, their desire not to investigate for the truth of the matter—
They were just angry that Cohen was washing Trump’s dirty laundry and hanging it out to dry...

I must say though that the times Cohen was asked about other times he helped squash unplesant rumors about Trump I thought Cohen’s respect for FLOTUS came through and his chagrin at having to lie to her under Trump’s order—
And the fact that Trump would never hit Melania as supposedly the story about the elevator tape catching him in the act maintained...
Cohen seemed pretty vehement that Trump would not hit Melania

Now whether Cohen also believes Trump wouldn’t assault OTHER women sexually or in other ways remains to be seen—he wasn’t asked about any of those charges...

Old 02-27-2019, 09:16 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,858,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
Bologna, you were claiming there was an actual crime alleged. You've got nothing, the conversation was not what you are now claiming.
Please - quote me where I said that.

Old 02-27-2019, 09:17 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,044,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
You Trumpsters are too much. Trump is a proven con man. Can’t you see by the people he associated with? I know you want to idolize this Liar but Trump is a traitor and who can believe a word this idiot says? Wonder what he is going to get played for at the talks in Vietnam? Trump is hardly a negotiator. He never wrote that book either.

You just said, nothing.

Old 02-27-2019, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Please - quote me where I said that.

I said manipulating taxes, meaning WITHIN the law!

AOCs nonsense was mostly about property tax or inheritance tax, which the same applies. ALL people try to minimize their taxes. That is NO crime.

Old 02-27-2019, 09:21 PM

Quote:
I said manipulating taxes, meaning WITHIN the law!

AOCs nonsense was mostly about property tax or inheritance tax, which the same applies. ALL people try to minimize their taxes. That is NO crime.
Those things she alluded to are not legal. Come on now...

Whether he actually did it is one thing (I don't know) - but tax fraud is a felony.

Are you for real? LOL...just...wow.

Old 02-27-2019, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
All he did was beat Hillary Clinton fair and square and that is legal so suck it up and have a better candidate next time.
“Fair and square”???
That is what this entire debate is about
And so far the investigation goes on...

Old 02-27-2019, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
JFK, Ted Kennedy, and Bill Clinton did that........sleeping with other women? done many times in the WH. At least Trump's "sins" happened before he became President.
Well he is over 70 now, obese—likely any woman he threatens can easily slip away
And the Secret Service being around all the time likely aren’t helping...

Old 02-27-2019, 09:24 PM

32,812 posts, read 12,091,603 times
Quote:
Yep! Same. It all makes sense when you put all of the various pieces together.
Interesting stuff I've never seen before with this 'Trump: The Dynasty' show on A & E. Just a few minutes ago (within their TV hour) I was watching the part about the 2011 WHCD. Tina Brown said she was sitting behind Trump while Obama was making fun of him, and that the color of Trump's skin on the back of his neck changed to deep red (because he was so mad). A minute or so later (on the show) Michael D'Antonio said that he thinks Trump decided to run for President, not on the way to the car that evening, but before he even got up out of his seat to leave.

Old 02-27-2019, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Those things she alluded to are not legal. Come on now...

Whether he actually did it is one thing (I don't know) - but tax fraud is a felony.

Are you for real? LOL...just...wow.

First off. AOC has already shown us she is dumb as a door knob. So I don't think she even knows what she was reading. She was talking about hypotheticals, and she doesn't know that people actually try to minimize their taxes. Shocker...

Old 02-27-2019, 09:28 PM

Quote:
First off. AOC has already shown us she is dumb as a door knob. So I don't think she even knows what she was reading. She was talking about hypotheticals, and she doesn't know that people actually try to minimize their taxes. Shocker...
I'm not saying it happened (I don't know) - but devaluing your assets to avoid taxes is definitely not legal.

Her questioning was pretty targeted to build that case. We'll see where it goes from here, obviously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies