Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will the Michael Cohen testimony bring enough dirt on Trump to impeach?
Yes, i believe it will 44 14.15%
It will definitely hurt Trump but not enough to impeach 104 33.44%
No, basically it will be a nothingburger 163 52.41%
Voters: 311. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2019, 09:16 PM

7,826 posts, read 2,728,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
I believe they need to go for everything.

Republicans in the senate will block any attempts to hold Trump accountable.

But the ACE in the hole is sealed indictments.

By going after everything SDNY can use a sealed indictment that stops the clock on the statute of limitations. That would mean Trump could be tried the day he leaves office which would most likely be Jan 2021....

In that situation Trump could be pressured to step down in order to get a deal that saves him and his kids or at least him...

I am not saying it is a sure thing, but it is a path that the republicans can't block and because Trump's kids look like they are guilty too, Trump would have every reason to save them or accept they would be in jail while he is in office...
The Spiro Agnew precedent...that's the direction we are heading IMHO

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spiro_...nd_resignation

Quote:
Under increasing pressure to resign, Agnew took the position that a sitting vice president could not be indicted and met with Speaker of the House Carl Albert on September 25, asking for an investigation. He cited as precedent an 1826 House investigation of Vice President John C. Calhoun, who was alleged to have taken improper payments while a cabinet member. Albert, second in line to the presidency under Agnew, responded that it would be improper for the House to act in a matter before the courts.[173] Agnew also filed a motion to block any indictment on the grounds that he had been prejudiced by improper leaks from the Justice Department, and tried to rally public opinion, giving a speech before a friendly audience in Los Angeles asserting his innocence and attacking the prosecution.[174] Nevertheless, Agnew entered into negotiations for a plea bargain, and wrote in his memoirs that he did so because he was worn out from the extended crisis, to protect his family, and because he feared he could not get a fair trial.[175] He made his decision on October 5, and plea negotiations took place over the following days. On October 9, Agnew visited Nixon at the White House and informed the President of his impending resignation.[176]

On October 10, 1973, Agnew appeared before the federal court in Baltimore, and pleaded nolo contendere (no contest) to one felony charge, tax evasion, for the year 1967. Richardson agreed that there would be no further prosecution of Agnew, and released a 40-page summary of the evidence. Agnew was fined $10,000 and placed on three years' unsupervised probation. At the same time, Agnew submitted a formal letter of resignation to the Secretary of State, Henry Kissinger, and sent a letter to Nixon stating he was resigning in the best interest of the nation. Nixon responded with a letter concurring that the resignation was necessary to avoid a lengthy period of division and uncertainty, and applauding Agnew for his patriotism and dedication to the welfare of the United States. House Minority Leader Gerald Ford, who would be Agnew's successor as vice president (and Nixon's as president) recalled that he heard the news while on the House floor and his first reaction was disbelief, his second sadness.[177]

Old 02-27-2019, 09:18 PM

37,199 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Someone has predicted that Cohen will get 'whacked' in prison because nobody likes a snitch. Divine justice.
It is certainly true that is Trump doesn't have friends in the Big House, he will soon. He's likely as not to join them there.

Old 02-27-2019, 09:21 PM

37,199 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
Trump organization is the key. Not campaign finance.
That's why it's taking the investigations so long. There are so damned many crimes it's hard to remember all of them.

8,704 posts, read 11,119,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
There are at least a half dozen. Which do you want first?

What do you got...

15,088 posts, read 13,450,610 times
It's ironic that conservatives attack Cohen's character as a known crook and a liar (which he is)... but then conveniently stop short of asking why Donald has surrounded himself with such crooked liars for decades. Manafort is only Exhibit 2 of many more...

Old 02-27-2019, 09:22 PM

16,086 posts, read 10,747,693 times
Cohen's is just one voice out of many singing a similar tune. Taken together, with Mueller's findings, the evidence will sink Trump's leaky ship. He might try to make a deal to avoid impeachment.

Old 02-27-2019, 09:33 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,119,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
Cohen's is just one voice out of many singing a similar tune. Taken together, with Mueller's findings, the evidence will sink Trump's leaky ship. He might try to make a deal to avoid impeachment.

Muellers findings will sadly disappoint you

The country is in great shape in spite of democrats....sad.

Old 02-27-2019, 09:33 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,287,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
If I would have seen what was coming I would have voted for Clinton instead of a third party candidate and I truly dislike her.

Trump is a train wreck that is about to go over the side of the bridge.
Thank you for saying that!

I hope more people see things that way going forward. Maybe we can avoid a similar disaster (Individual 1) in the future.

Old 02-27-2019, 09:38 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,636,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
Guilty of what!? You've got nothing...
i am sorry, did you think i was Mueller?

as to the current crimes? Please don't waste my time. You can read, there are literally a hundred posts here listing what we believe are the crimes. you don't have to agree, i won't try to make you.

Old 02-27-2019, 09:41 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,085,616 times
LLLLLMMMMMAAAAAOOOOO!!!!!

How embarrassing for Gaetz, what an idiot.

https://twitter.com/mattgaetz/status...43221390225408
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies