Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will the Michael Cohen testimony bring enough dirt on Trump to impeach?
Yes, i believe it will 44 14.15%
It will definitely hurt Trump but not enough to impeach 104 33.44%
No, basically it will be a nothingburger 163 52.41%
Voters: 311. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2019, 08:09 AM

51,567 posts, read 25,482,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
More like the president scheduling a trip to praise a dictator for continuing to abuse human rights and destabilize the world with nukes as a distraction to his involvement in criminal activity.
Cohen testifying has been in the news for a while now.

Trump's new summit with Kim is a more recent development.

Old 02-27-2019, 08:10 AM

20,702 posts, read 9,301,918 times
It was timed that way to give Trump a chance to ask Kim Jung Un for asylum.

Old 02-27-2019, 08:13 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,708,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
At their heart, the Demonic Rats hate America and want it destroyed...having peace with Noko doesn't serve their purposes.
TDS never rests!

8,316 posts, read 4,287,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
Well I don't think Kim Jong un will care, but it seems to me the democrats hope this will weaken the American President's hand at the negotiation table with a foreign leader.
I don't think there is any meaningful negotiation. Don and Kim are just enjoying the spotlight and if they should actually agree on anything it will be to line their pockets a bit more.

10,067 posts, read 5,678,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
I think this is an effort by the dems to smear and delegitimize our president on the very day he is engaging in sensitive negotiations with North Korea, which is a slight against our entire nation. Attempting to damage Trump is more important to them than our efforts to bring peace to the Korean Peninsula. Do you agree?

I realize we already have a thread about the Cohen testimony and one about Trump's negotiations with NK. This thread is specifically about the dems timing of the public testimony for the same day as Trump's meeting with Kim Jong-un.
Can the Democrats sink any lower? Do they just freaking not give a rip at all about our country? This is serious stuff. NK has become the greatest threat to American peace since the Cold War. But no, they can't put down their pitchforks for one moment and just support our president on this mission. They rather see the country be destroyed by nukes than Trump have a victory. And that's been a traitor to your own country.

Old 02-27-2019, 08:16 AM

8,316 posts, read 4,287,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Cohen testifying has been in the news for a while now.

Trump's new summit with Kim is a more recent development.
Exactly

Old 02-27-2019, 08:23 AM

20,702 posts, read 9,301,918 times
Default Cohen: Trump did not expect to win, and had no real desire to become president

This is precisely what Michael Moore, Howard Stern and many others were saying before and after the election. Trump had no real desire to be president, and mostly just ran to aggrandize his own business. Now we have His own lawyer of 10+ years telling us the same thing:

Michael Cohen's opening statement to Congress

"Donald Trump is a man who ran for office to make his brand great, not to make our country great. He had no desire or intention to lead this nation -- only to market himself and to build his wealth and power. Mr. Trump would often say, this campaign was going to be the "greatest infomercial in political history."

He never expected to win the primary. He never expected to win the general election. The campaign -- for him -- was always a marketing opportunity."

Old 02-27-2019, 08:24 AM

1,456 posts, read 509,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Wonder what other documents will be on exhibit.
• A copy of a check Mr. Trump wrote from his personal bank account – after he became president - to reimburse me for the hush money payments I made to cover up his affair with an adult film star and prevent damage to his campaign;

• Copies of financial statements for 2011 – 2013 that he gave to such institutions as Deutsche Bank;

• A copy of an article with Mr. Trump’s handwriting on it that reported on the auction of a portrait of himself – he arranged for the bidder ahead of time and then reimbursed the bidder from the account of his non-profit charitable foundation, with the picture now hanging in one of his country clubs; and

• Copies of letters I wrote at Mr. Trump’s direction that threatened his high school, colleges, and the College Board not to release his grades or SAT scores.

Quoted from Cohen's statement, where I is Cohen.

Old 02-27-2019, 08:25 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,330,679 times
I've believed this from the beginning.

Old 02-27-2019, 08:25 AM

7,448 posts, read 2,804,879 times
Wow his opening statement is actually significantly more scathing than I thought it would be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies