Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2019, 12:09 PM
Noc

1,435 posts, read 2,069,985 times

Advertisements

I hate everyone equally.

Old 02-21-2019, 12:10 PM

19,803 posts, read 9,357,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by folkguitarist555 View Post
Yes we know...it feels good and it pleases your listeners. We get the message... All white women are evil single wed mother's and thieves. Lmao
LOL. I didn't mention that I am white. Sorry.

Guess it kind of proves my point, and that is that race and/or skin color is not an "issue" for me, personally.

Old 02-21-2019, 12:10 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,707,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Am I racist? It depends on whose definition of the word you use. Some people claim that all white people are racist only by virtue of being born white. Many claim that hatred for white people only based on the color of their skin isn't racism. I'm white. That automatically makes me a racist according to some. But I also believe that drawing conclusions about somebody based on the melanin content of their skin is first-rate insanity. So by the dictionary definition, no I'm not a racist.

Ultimately, how much of what we call racism is built into us biologically? If my Kindergartener daughter walks up to a black person and asks why their skin is so dark, is that racism? Humans are tribal by nature and we actually have to actively fight against the tendency to only want to be friends with people that look like we do.

Give examples. Use google. Who has SAID that being white makes one a racist. Certainly people claiming that ALL whites are racist do exist....but they are probably no more than 1% of the people who believe racism exists.

Old 02-21-2019, 12:13 PM

6,830 posts, read 3,219,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by folkguitarist555 View Post
Groups like the Black Hebrew Israelites... The Nation of Islam.... And the blacks who have been attacking and beating up Orthodox Jews in New York City comes to mind. Lots of racism from every ethnicity in America doesn't matter what color. This appears to be another liberal thread out to paint all whites as racist... And that only whites can be racist. This is an obvious symptom of liberal white guilt and liberal political correctness.

There is nothing in the thread title or the first post that indicates all whites are racist. The question is simply: Are you a racist?

I worked in Mississippi in 1972 at DeJeans cannery. My first job was stacking pallets with Jake, a black guy who had been there for several years. I experienced racism there. I worked with Jake for about an hour and then got promoted to the canning machine with a ten cent raise. Racism was so pervasive and just the way things were. I didn't stay at DeJeans very long. It was very sad. In fact I didn't stay in Mississippi very long.

Old 02-21-2019, 12:19 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,707,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willamette City View Post
There is nothing in the thread title or the first post that indicates all whites are racist. The question is simply: Are you a racist?

I worked in Mississippi in 1972 at DeJeans cannery. My first job was stacking pallets with Jake, a black guy who had been there for several years. I experienced racism there. I worked with Jake for about an hour and then got promoted to the canning machine with a ten cent raise. Racism was so pervasive and just the way things were. I didn't stay at DeJeans very long. It was very sad. In fact I didn't stay in Mississippi very long.

If they tried that today.....it would not fly. There are laws and rights now. So racism has had to adapt and evolve to circumvent exposure and prosecution. Certainly racism is less efficient and effective at keep blacks down today, because of changes in laws and attitudes. However, its still a bacteria or germ waiting for the immune system to weaken so that it can bring down blacks again.

Old 02-21-2019, 12:22 PM

2,362 posts, read 777,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Give examples. Use google. Who has SAID that being white makes one a racist. Certainly people claiming that ALL whites are racist do exist....but they are probably no more than 1% of the people who believe racism exists.
Claiming "all Whites are racist" is racism. It's a prejudice based on race.

Old 02-21-2019, 12:23 PM

19,803 posts, read 9,357,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
I think everyone will alive today will at some point in their life have racist thoughts at least once in their life.
Now, it is debatable whether they will express it through texting, phone conversations, e-mails, social media, face-to-face conversations, voting for legislation, giving threats, or committing acts of violence.
I do agree with this, and I also think that racism is more apparent now than it was even 50 years ago, and I blame our political leaders and the media for this (both social and mainstream)

Yes, in 1968, it was the era of George Wallace, and the Watts riots had occurred just three years before that, but almost all the working-class people I knew (with a few exceptions) viewed both Wallace and the black rioters as exceptions to the general rule and certainly not representative of their respective races. I think that the great majority of people believed in the ideals of the Kennedys than they did in the beliefs of the KKK or the Black Panthers. In 1968, most people I knew were much more concerned about the Vietnam War than they were about race relations. (I lived in SoCal, btw.)

In other words, racism wasn't occupying the minds of most of the people I knew -- or, at least, not to my knowledge.

Old 02-21-2019, 12:24 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
I suspect this question has been posed by way of another thread in the past, but I've not seen it yet...

This forum often touches upon what is racist, and of course no one admits to being a racist even though their comments seem to suggest they are. Observing this for so long has me wondering how we can actually determine if we have racist beliefs and/or tendencies. What questions might help us know whether we are racist, or xenophobic or mysogynist, white supremacist, etc?

Especially with Trump's wall and all accusations along these lines supposedly behind what drives many people to be for or against, would be nice if we could truly know how much support is truly free of any racist or xenophobic influence. What questions can we pose? What questionnaires?

Anyone who thinks these problems are not alive and well in America is a fool, but to what extent Americans are racist, how many, this is the question (of interest to me anyway). In part brought to mind upon reading this article this morning...

Coast Guard officer accused of wanting to kill Democrats and journalists was inspired by Norwegian mass shooting, feds say

Court documents say Hasson espoused extremist and white supremacist views and allege that he relied on the manifesto of Anders Breivik, a Norwegian who was convicted in 2011 of two terror attacks that killed 77 people.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/20/polit...ist/index.html
I hate stupid people who never learn because they don't want to learn, and people who have no manners or consideration of anyone around them. I don't care what their skin color is or their gender. People like that can be found in all groups - all races, both genders - I hate them all equally.

If I'm ranting about someone blaring their bass, it has nothing to do with their skin color. Whites, blacks, Hispanics, even Asians all do it. It's not about race, it's about them being ignorant twits and annoying the crap out of everyone.

What I find racist is assuming I'm racist solely based on the color of my skin.

Old 02-21-2019, 12:29 PM

18,461 posts, read 7,089,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
No, I disagree with "we all have racist thoughts" rhetoric. Absolutely, not true.

To he problem is that you'll never get everyone to agree on what is or isn't racist.

Some people ignore racism to the point of obliviousness........

Others look for racism under every rock and invent it when they can't find it.

So you've probably had thoughts that others would consider racist, even if you don't think they are.

Old 02-21-2019, 12:29 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,734,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Sure no problem:
The college classroom where this crap is being preached:
https://www.sbs.com.au/guide/article...mero-treatment

They're even selling shirts!
https://thetab.com/us/wisconsin/2016...eatshirts-2546

https://proxy.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=h...Wn4v1q.jpg&f=1

https://www.economist.com/open-futur...erience-racism

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...le-racist.html

https://coub.com/view/cjh56

If there's somebody who is white saying the same thing in reverse, they will quite literally be depersoned. They'll be banned everywhere on the Internet. Even if you're just accused of such a thing, you'll likely get depersoned. There's a pretty big problem with racist minorities getting away with outrageous things that white people certainly aren't going to get away with.

I think we all just need to get to a point where we stop making any assumptions about people based on their skin color. It doesn't matter who is doing it, it's racist and it's evil
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies