Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2019, 02:20 PM

29,509 posts, read 22,620,513 times

Advertisements

Another kid being influenced by a narcissist mommy wanting their 15 minutes of viral fame.

Ludicrous.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nine-ye...032010127.html
Quote:
Marie Marcum, 9, didn’t appreciate it when an MLB-licensed game she played at a suburban Chicago Chuck E. Cheese blurted out “there’s always softball” in taunting fashion. Now she’s looking for answers and asking for changes after penning a letter directly to Major League Baseball.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2019, 02:47 PM

24,461 posts, read 17,203,514 times
Awww isn't that cute a little social justice warrior in the making.

If I get the story straight the girl and her mom were at a Chuck E Cheeses and a MLB baseball game was on. One of the announcers said "there is always softball" referring to something that happened on the field and this 9 year old was triggered to think that somehow the announcer and MLB looks down on softball and the kids that play it PLUS such comments might discourage kids from taking up the sport.

Wow that is a lot of emotion to be coming from a 9 year old.

Well she is getting her 5 minutes of fame but I think she should have waited for a greater cause to be outraged about.

I wonder if Warren or AOC have been reached for comment about this injustice yet?

Old 02-21-2019, 03:21 PM

2,981 posts, read 1,746,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post

If I get the story straight the girl and her mom were at a Chuck E Cheeses and a MLB baseball game was on. One of the announcers said "there is always softball" referring to something that happened on the field and this 9 year old was triggered to think that somehow the announcer and MLB looks down on softball and the kids that play it PLUS such comments might discourage kids from taking up the sport.

Well she is getting her 5 minutes of fame but I think she should have waited for a greater cause to be outraged about.

I wonder if Warren or AOC have been reached for comment about this injustice yet?
I think she was playing an MLB licensed video game that had that canned phrase. That's how I read it anyway. A silly thing to get all up in arms about.

Old 02-21-2019, 03:25 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,397,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post

Well, if the 9-year-old was a Cherokee, I think Warren would want to rally against this!

Old 02-21-2019, 03:27 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
I bet that mouse doesn't use a Gillette when he shaves.

Old 02-21-2019, 03:55 PM

662 posts, read 313,021 times
Not sure whats more laughable, the kid getting triggered, or this story triggering conservatives on this board.

Old 02-21-2019, 04:11 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,640,522 times
She probably sucks at softball too. Maybe they can change what is said.

Maybe suggest Curling.

I'd like to see her mom explain that one. No, sweetie your hair looks fine.

Old 02-21-2019, 05:16 PM

22,653 posts, read 24,575,170 times
Actually, that is nightmarishly mean, kinda a nice idea to treat kids as part of the human family also!!!!!

I bet that poor Littlekiddy is shivering in humiliation and emotional-agony.....and that really
is NOT a laughing matter.

Old 02-21-2019, 05:22 PM

938 posts, read 445,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFit View Post
Not sure whats more laughable, the kid getting triggered, or this story triggering conservatives on this board.
We'll get over it in five minutes ... Unlike liberals who've been in a hate-filled rage since 11/16.

Old 02-21-2019, 05:26 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Where do you guys find this stuff?

I'm sure I should care about this situation...... but I don't.

Why do you?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies