Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2019, 06:03 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,812,515 times

Advertisements

I've heard this my entire life from the pulpit and from GOP politicians but I've never seen any evidence this is actually the case. It seems to me like it's of one of those myths that everyone just accepts but isn't actually true. A late term abortion is an incredibly invasive and expensive procedure and is not something taken lightly. Typically they are done as a result of a serious health complication with the baby, the mother, or both. Conservatives want to act like women get partial-birth abortions all the time for birth control using non-serious "mental health" issues like anxiety or depression to excuse it. Is there any evidence this actually happens?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2019, 11:51 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
I don't know but it should not.

Old 02-22-2019, 12:06 AM

17,304 posts, read 12,251,233 times
No. Just a straw man argument.

Old 02-22-2019, 07:24 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,844,795 times
Vermont House Passes Bill Legalizing All Abortion
By Alexandra DeSanctis

February 21, 2019 6:17 PM

The Vermont House voted this evening to pass H57, which would legalize abortion at any stage of pregnancy and for any reason. “Every individual who becomes pregnant has the fundamental right to choose to carry a pregnancy to term, give birth to a child, or to have an abortion,” the bill states.

https://www.nationalreview.com/corne...-all-abortion/

CHILLING: Steven Crowder's undercover video exposes the horrific truth about late-term abortions
https://www.theblaze.com/steven-crow...-term-abortion

Old 02-22-2019, 09:09 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
Vermont House Passes Bill Legalizing All Abortion
By Alexandra DeSanctis

February 21, 2019 6:17 PM

The Vermont House voted this evening to pass H57, which would legalize abortion at any stage of pregnancy and for any reason. “Every individual who becomes pregnant has the fundamental right to choose to carry a pregnancy to term, give birth to a child, or to have an abortion,” the bill states.

https://www.nationalreview.com/corne...-all-abortion/

CHILLING: Steven Crowder's undercover video exposes the horrific truth about late-term abortions
https://www.theblaze.com/steven-crow...-term-abortion
Can you post the verbiage in the bill that states abortion at any stage of pregnancy and for any reason would be legal. Thank you.

Old 02-22-2019, 09:24 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,812,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Can you post the verbiage in the bill that states abortion at any stage of pregnancy and for any reason would be legal. Thank you.
The fact that their only "evidence" that this is the case is an article from a right-wing propaganda website or a Steven Crowder video underscores my point. That means about as much as Jerry Falwell repeating it over and over again. I would think that if women were really killing babies late term for "mental health" reasons like anxiety and depression, there would at least be some reporting on it from an objective source.

Old 02-22-2019, 09:27 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,855,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Yeah, it's called Google... But only if you really want to know... Otherwise nothing can help you ....

Old 02-22-2019, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Yeah, it's called Google... But only if you really want to know... Otherwise nothing can help you ....
I already know, I've googled it and actually read it. I'm asking those who claim this bill states abortion at any stage of pregnancy and for any reason would be legal to shows us the money. Back up your declarations with facts.

Old 02-22-2019, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
The fact that their only "evidence" that this is the case is an article from a right-wing propaganda website or a Steven Crowder video underscores my point. That means about as much as Jerry Falwell repeating it over and over again. I would think that if women were really killing babies late term for "mental health" reasons like anxiety and depression, there would at least be some reporting on it from an objective source.
Yeah I'm getting really tired of people throwing this BS out there over and over when they have no idea what they are talking about. For Pete's sake people its public information. Read.

Old 02-22-2019, 09:40 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Oh look, deflection because you can’t answer that posters question. Why can’t you answer it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies