Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2019, 11:39 AM

19,425 posts, read 12,071,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
It's not the John's responsibility for the treatment of the prostitutes of the massage parlor. Your thinking would be the equivalent of holding people responsible when they buy T-shirts if the company that makes them uses child labor.

It's not really thinking, but I come to expect that from most of you.
One cannot compare sex slavery to other types of forced labor. There is also trafficking in other forms of labor in the US. I think I'd rather be trafficked as a house cleaner than a ho servicing dirty old men in a massage parlor.

I certainly would not buy something if I knew children were being forced to make it, or if I even suspected it.

You are finding reasons to excuse the men who perpetuate this trafficking. If there was even a question of the women being forced (unable to speak English is a clue, "Asian" spa is a clue) how could the john sleep at night, unless he was into that kind of thing. Then again these types go on sex tourism trips to Thailand and other places where poor desperate women are available.

Old 02-24-2019, 11:40 AM

56,957 posts, read 25,901,119 times
Quote:
It's not a barbaric industry - it's only barbaric when women are held against their will. Otherwise, it's the woman's body and the John's money. Your thinking is primitive.

These women were in fact held against their will but hey nobody knew, Kraft and his cronies were in shock.

Old 02-24-2019, 11:43 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,473,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
These women were in fact held against their will but hey nobody knew, Kraft and his cronies were in shock.
How do you know this is accurate?

Old 02-24-2019, 11:45 AM

I'm not sure what groups are against legalizing prostitution right now. It is just the logistics that would be of concern to me, keep it contained, regulated and controlled. I doubt that is what most who want it have in mind.

Old 02-24-2019, 11:45 AM

2,362 posts, read 769,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
You are finding reasons to excuse the men who perpetuate this trafficking. If there was even a question of the women being forced (unable to speak English is a clue, "Asian" spa is a clue) how could the john sleep at night, unless he was into that kind of thing. Then again these types go on sex tourism trips to Thailand and other places where poor desperate women are available.
I'm saying you cannot expect the John to know if the women are trafficked or not. Just because the women don't speak English or are found in a parlor doesn't mean they're trafficked. If a parlor is found to traffic women, bust the parlor. Better yet, legalize and regulate prostitution and these cases of trafficked women go to nearly 0.

Old 02-24-2019, 11:47 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,473,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
One cannot compare sex slavery to other types of forced labor. There is also trafficking in other forms of labor in the US. I think I'd rather be trafficked as a house cleaner than a ho servicing dirty old men in a massage parlor.

I certainly would not buy something if I knew children were being forced to make it, or if I even suspected it.

Have to be careful and not allow yourself to be duped either...its pretty convenient and beneficial for law enforcement that these women were 'sex slaves' or trafficked and working under force....that makes them look like the 'good guys', getting the 'bad guys' off the street and freeing the women.

Old 02-24-2019, 11:54 AM

Quote:
I'm saying you cannot expect the John to know if the women are trafficked or not. Just because the women don't speak English or are found in a parlor doesn't mean they're trafficked. If a parlor is found to traffic women, bust the parlor. Better yet, legalize and regulate prostitution and these cases of trafficked women go to nearly 0.
That is what is happening, not just the parlor but an entire ring. The big players will go to prison. The johns are getting busted because soliciting prostitution is illegal, but they are just misdemeanors. It is mostly the embarrassment when their names go public that will sink them, or a wife or girlfriend finding out. I suppose it is in the best interests of women to keep it illegal, so cheaters could get caught and at least they would know.

Morally, these men know that these Spas often do engage in trafficking and they could go elsewhere, certainly the wealthy men have other options.

Old 02-24-2019, 12:07 PM

25,409 posts, read 9,712,499 times
Quote:
It's not a barbaric industry - it's only barbaric when women are held against their will. Otherwise, it's the woman's body and the John's money. Your thinking is primitive.
In this particular case with Kraft, it is barbaric. If women are willing participants, then whatever. But many are not and are duped, trafficked or held as sex slaves. It's abominable.

Old 02-24-2019, 12:15 PM

7,132 posts, read 4,739,376 times
Don't worry, with the advances in robotics and AI, the sex doll industry will make prostitution a thing of the past.

https://nypost.com/2017/06/30/i-love...ever-grumbles/

Old 02-24-2019, 12:19 PM

2,362 posts, read 769,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
In this particular case with Kraft, it is barbaric. If women are willing participants, then whatever. But many are not and are duped, trafficked or held as sex slaves. It's abominable.
If some of those women were trafficked, then yes that's barbaric. But that's independent of Kraft - presumably he didn't know that. And why would he know that? The vast majority of women working as prostitutes are not trafficked - including women in these parlors. Why would Kraft suspect these women are trafficked?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies