Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2019, 06:35 AM

45,391 posts, read 60,575,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Has the city solved which cop it was that killed their fellow officer for being willing to testify against them?

I haven't seen any news on that in months.
If you're talking about Sean Suiter it was determined to be a suicide. His family, of course, is contesting that.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/29/us/ba...ide/index.html

The guys he was supposedly going to testify against had, for the most part, already either confessed or had been convicted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2019, 06:49 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
If you're talking about Sean Suiter it was determined to be a suicide. His family, of course, is contesting that.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/29/us/ba...ide/index.html

The guys he was supposedly going to testify against had, for the most part, already either confessed or had been convicted.
Yeah, the police lied about the facts for months and now they say he shot himself in the back side of his head at a extremely awkward angle.

Old 02-24-2019, 06:54 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,707,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travlingsue View Post
Whenever I see these cities that have been ruined by decades of liberal politicians, I always wonder: have these people never considered voting republican?

Baltimore, St. Louis, Detroit, Cleveland, Newark, Chicago.... all linked together by one thing: leftist-induced crime.

This is probably one of the most ignorant post I have read.

Old 02-24-2019, 07:04 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,707,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Baltimore has been a violent city for a very long time.

balt has been run by dems for eons!

Which prove my point even MORE.

What good are all those gun laws the dems like to pass?

I thought they were ALL "common sense" laws and would solve the problem.

A man with a hammer thinks everything is a nail. Amazing how one turns the legacy of slavery into the nail of left right politics.

Every place, on this planet, that has had a history of racial slavery and oppression, is experiencing higher rates of murder among the descendants of the enslaved (DOS). Hence, countries, states, cities, with a higher percentage of DOS will experience higher rates of poverty, crime, murder, etc.

Brazil, the Caribbean, South Africa, The United States, etc, all places which had racial slavery and racial oppression, also experience higher rates of homicides among DOS.

This does not have a dam thing to do with Democrat or Republican.....but a man with only a hammer must see everything as a nail.

Get some new tools.

Old 02-24-2019, 07:05 AM

2,448 posts, read 893,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Cops are staying in their cars. They’re sick of the cell phone cameras coming out every time they make a stop.

Take a bow SJWs *sound of applause*
Perhaps the biggest canard spun by academics, leftist commentators and groups like Black Lives Matter is that cops literally hang around the poorest, blackest neighborhoods, looking for black folks to arrest. Quite to the contrary, cops avoid those neighborhoods as much as possible. They don't want to put their lives in danger anymore than you nor I. But as someone else already noted, we can't have "real conversations" about race in this country. Instead, we get giant conspiracy theories about teachers and school administrators and cops and prosecutors and judges and politicians all plotting how to target a particular group of people to imprison them for doing absolutely nothing at all.

Old 02-24-2019, 07:08 AM

2,448 posts, read 893,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
A man with a hammer thinks everything is a nail. Amazing how one turns the legacy of slavery into the nail of left right politics.

Every place, on this planet, that has had a history of racial slavery and oppression, is experiencing higher rates of murder among the descendants of the enslaved (DOS). Hence, countries, states, cities, with a higher percentage of DOS will experience higher rates of poverty, crime, murder, etc.

Brazil, the Caribbean, South Africa, The United States, etc, all places which had racial slavery and racial oppression, also experience higher rates of homicides among DOS.

This does not have a dam thing to do with Democrat or Republican.....but a man with only a hammer must see everything as a nail.

Get some new tools.
Er, most all places on the planet have histories of enslavement and oppression. This is the sort of non-scientific piffle passing as learned study that keeps us from having "real conversations."

Old 02-24-2019, 07:13 AM

45,391 posts, read 60,575,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Yeah, the police lied about the facts for months and now they say he shot himself in the back side of his head at a extremely awkward angle.
Then you have a different autopsy report than what was released and used in the investigation.

First link, 9/7/2018

https://www.baltimorepolice.org/tran...t-review-board

Old 02-24-2019, 07:38 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Then you have a different autopsy report than what was released and used in the investigation.

First link, 9/7/2018

https://www.baltimorepolice.org/tran...t-review-board
I suppose it's in there somewhere. I don't know where. Yes, last I read the shot was from the back side of his head behind his ear and came out the front of his head. An awfully awkward position to shoot yourself. And then it doesn't explain all the other stories we were told.

Never mind that we know for an absolute fact the police force was corrupt. The number of officers arrested and arrested and convicted over what they were unless it's widely known what was going on.

Old 03-01-2019, 10:05 AM

73,014 posts, read 62,607,656 times
I thought about this. Atlanta is a majority Black city, and ran by Democrats. It could do better in terms of crime. However, it's murder rate is far lower than Baltimore's. Atlanta's murder rate has been on the decline. Baltimore keeps getting worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies