Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2019, 01:28 PM

89,031 posts, read 44,840,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PierceMarx View Post
Nah. Provide some proof or get out bucko.
Seriously? You somehow don't know that Dem California is a "sanctuary state" and that they've made it illegal for employers to cooperate with ICE?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2019, 01:30 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,809,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
https://www.downsizinggovernment.org...ture/subsidies

That's MY money going to Ag businesses.

It's welfare for farmers.
I don't think there should be any bailouts for farmers, especially since the majority voted for this farsical person in the White House. They should get what they voted for.

Old 02-24-2019, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Meh .... a 17,000 billion dollar economy paid 7.7 billion dollars.
Just doesn't peg my outrage meter.
Sorry, Dems.

Trump's approval is at 49% among registered voters, although it is at something less among the Americans who recently confronted Sen Feinstein, and Dems do not have a platform.
I'm happy.
So you're okay with bailouts. Good to know.

Old 02-24-2019, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Trump set aside 12 Billion to help the farmers and he is using it.
I don't see the problem. Promise made; promise kept.
The funds represent a portion of the $12 billion relief package that President Donald Trump pledged in July to offset the losses from retaliatory tariffs imposed by Beijing in response to Washington's tariffs on Chinese goods.

MAGA!
Meanwhile he makes cuts to healthcare for children. Nice. He shouldn't be providing any bailouts to anybody. You vote for this man, you reap what you sow.

Old 02-24-2019, 01:39 PM

25,575 posts, read 17,293,027 times
If I lose my job through no fault of my own, I can get unemployment.
When a farmer loses his market after working his field and his crops, it becomes "Welfare For Farmers".

Meanwhile, China has agreed to buy another 5 million tons of US soybeans.
China, the top soybean importer, had agreed to buy a total of 5 million tons of U.S. supplies following this week’s talks in Washington. That’s on top of the estimated 5 million bought in the weeks after Trump met with his counterpart Xi Jinping in December.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...er-trade-talks

FWIW: I support both unemployment and the above mentioned "welfare for farmers". It's best for America if both the farmer and I remain solvent.

Old 02-24-2019, 01:41 PM

Quote:
If I lose my job through no fault of my own, I can get unemployment.
When a farmer loses his market after working his field and his crops, it becomes "Welfare For Farmers".

Meanwhile, China has agreed to buy another 5 million tons of US soybeans.
China, the top soybean importer, had agreed to buy a total of 5 million tons of U.S. supplies following this week’s talks in Washington. That’s on top of the estimated 5 million bought in the weeks after Trump met with his counterpart Xi Jinping in December.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...er-trade-talks

FWIW: I support both unemployment and the above mentioned "welfare for farmers". It's best for America if both the farmer and I remain solvent.
But the loss of the farmer is his fault. They shouldn't have supported the idiot who has no idea what he's doing. Yet many do and will continue to support him, much to the amazement of many.

Old 02-24-2019, 01:43 PM

1,070 posts, read 393,046 times
Quote:

Trump's approval is at 49% among registered voters, although it is at something less among the Americans who recently confronted Sen Feinstein, and Dems do not have a platform.
I'm happy.

Actually Trump’s approval isn’t 49%

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...ex_cid=rrpromo

Old 02-24-2019, 02:18 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
USDA has paid out $7.7 billion to help farmers hit by Trump's tariffs.
This is more or less the same amount he is confiscating from the military budget to build his monument.

Old 02-24-2019, 02:20 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
A good start on addressing that would be for Dems to stop implementing sanctuary cities/states and stop making it illegal for employers to cooperate with ICE.
States have no say in the issue. But you know that.

Old 02-24-2019, 02:39 PM

19,772 posts, read 22,673,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I don't think there should be any bailouts for farmers, especially since the majority voted for this farsical person in the White House. They should get what they voted for.
Personally I don't care of they cut aid to farmers AND snap/food stamp programs. Red states like WV, MS, AL, LA would get whammied on both ends, as they have a high Ag sector and disproportionate number of SNAP recipients.

Let them cut away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies