Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2019, 10:01 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,710,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Democrat policies are the glass ceiling for minorities and the poor.

The hand out without the hand up. The never ending promise.

Another glib and shallow slogan masquerading as truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2019, 10:14 AM

956 posts, read 1,207,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
The employment rate for blacks could be zero and the salaries much higher than before; however they would still fall for the pandering of the Democrats. I fail to understand how they do not see the obvious condescending pandering. It is nothing more than racism of low expectations.

Will the poor white people without college education still vote Republican If Obama gave them health insurance???....Nope....They all voted for Trump who wants to take it away.

Old 02-23-2019, 10:14 AM

12,030 posts, read 9,344,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Disliking Trump hasn’t a damn thing to do with identity politics. I don’t even know what that is. I just hear people talking it to death as if doing so will make it either a reality or make it disappear. I’m disinterested anyway.

Nothing would endear me to Trump. I want a serious individual as my president, and he doesn’t qualify. He doesn’t even act like a president. He’s a punk. A bully. A loudmouth. A spoiled brat who inherited his wealth but passes himself off as self made. He takes responsibility for nothing, never admits a mistake, and his skin is so thin that his organs are visible.

Moreover, he isn’t as advertised. “I’ll hire the best people?” Most of his hires have been lames. His whole damn administration has turned over with a few exceptions. He listens to no one. He kisses up and kicks down. “I’ll negotiate the best deals.” Yeah...his negotiating skills are some of the worst on record. He’s jealous and petty. He can’t handle criticism even in the form of a joke. The Correspondence Dinner is on hiatus until we get a president that can handle being poked at.

Furthermore, he’s lazy, does little to no homework, and has NEVER articulated a single policy beyond “we’re looking at some things.” He wants to get rid of things like Obamacare or the Iran deal without articulating any kind of plan of his own. He just ribberstamps whatever comes out of the congress as long as it has majority Republican approval.

He inspires no loyalty, surrounds himself with yesmen and sycophants and belittles anyone that won’t tell him what he wants to hear. Jeff Sessions is a retard and deserves any and all derision, but look at how Trump treated him. Which also goes to my point that Trump has little respect for any law that doesn’t comport with his conveniences.

Basically, he’s a weak man. The weakest I’ve ever seen in the White House. Slovenly, with little self control and an aptitude that’s totally indicative of having the Dunning-Kruger Syndrome. He’s actually the first president that’s educated well beyond his understanding. He’s a walking Peter Principle...courtesy of his hayseed acolytes.

Anyway, since you asked....
All good reasons to dislike Trump. I do not disagree.
I assume a booming economy and very low unemployment is not important for you. Are you retired? Do you have children that need to make a good living?

Yes, I would rather have a serious person as POTUS. I actually like Amy Klobechar, she seems normal and not in the extreme right or left. Do you think black people may consider her?

Old 02-23-2019, 10:16 AM

12,030 posts, read 9,344,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeHudson View Post
Will the poor white people without college education still vote Republican If Obama gave them health insurance???....Nope....They all voted for Trump who wants to take it away.
The problem is that the Dems have become the victimhood party and poor white people refuse to embrace victimhood. Dems also preach an "antiwhite CIS male" philosophy that is creating a massive division in America.

Old 02-23-2019, 10:21 AM

2,486 posts, read 825,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
The President's approval rating among black voters has been steadily climbing. It's because of things like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5N-dit2TRF8

It is changing and they are waking up to the reality of being used as pawns for 60 years.

The problem is that even if 20% are fans of Trump that leaves 80% who are not. This means that for every ONE black voter there are FOUR friends and family members who will keep he or she in the closet. They will not likely vote at all.

My opinion is there are more like 25-30% who like Trump, but not enough to make enemies by voting for him.

Old 02-23-2019, 10:36 AM

16,216 posts, read 11,338,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Please. Republican farmers are, standing in line for 12 billion dollars in government welfare. Talk about their hand up before you barf up your bile at me about “Democrat policies.”
Both parties (not to mention the USDA, which oversees Agricultural Extension programs in all but the super-urbanized counties) have pursued a policy of plentiful, cheap food supplies for decades; and this concept is further cushioned by the example of the farmer (and/or his spouse) who works a full-time job, but still grows a "cash crop" on weekends at the old homestead-- not hard to do in just about anything but dairying.

Like Unemployment Compensation, this is a long-running feature of a mature economy -- designed to reduce the instability of market conditions which vary greatly from place to place, and year to year. But the myth of the "rich Republican corporate farmer" has been severely over-hyped, by the usual advocacies, and for the usual reasons.

Partisan politics has little to do with this, save among those with an axe to grind.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 02-23-2019 at 10:52 AM..

Old 02-23-2019, 10:48 AM

8,411 posts, read 7,424,439 times
The real question is why the extreme right care so much about the minorities, gay and women voters especially under Individual 1? They've enacted more policies under his administration (women, college students, and gay rights and protections) that hurt those groups while continuing to provide corporate welfare for the good ol'boys club of big corporation and organizations like big oil and coal. This administration has a failed middle-class tax plan, trade wars, growing national deficit, no healthcare, climate change, gun or immigration reform all while being under numerous investigations and embracing our foreign adversaries while distancing our allies. Individual 1's presidency has everything in common with his ratings. One of the worst in history.

Old 02-23-2019, 10:51 AM

2,486 posts, read 825,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
The real question is why the extreme right care so much about the minorities, gay and women voters especially under Individual 1? They've enacted more policies under his administration (women, college students, and gay rights and protections) that hurt those groups while continuing to provide corporate welfare for the good ol'boys club of big corporation and organizations like big oil and coal. This administration has a failed middle-class tax plan, trade wars, growing national deficit, no healthcare, climate change, gun or immigration reform all while being under numerous investigations and embracing our foreign adversaries while distancing our allies. Individual 1's presidency has everything in common with his ratings. One of the worst in history.

It's as if you're reading from a script. Reality has no bearing on anything you're typing.

Old 02-23-2019, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Exactly.

We don’t support Individual 1, and we never will. You don’t endear yourself to black people by pandering to white nationalists, Nazis; spreading their propaganda; and insulting the entirety of black people. Having a decades-long history of racist business practices also doesn’t help.

Sorry, it’s not happening. We wouldn’t forget that.

I’m an actual black person, and I know other actual black people. We are more complex than whatever Ben Carson and Diamond & Silk portray on television.

It’s obvious when people don’t personally know any black folks.
Bingo! I agree!

Old 02-23-2019, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
It's as if you're reading from a script. Reality has no bearing on anything you're typing.
You are clearly clueless about the facts and opinions of people in this country. No irrelevance to your comment since you didn't point to one issue I stated that was wrong or why the extreme right care so much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies