Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2019, 05:29 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana Tony View Post
If it's no big deal, why don't YOU go touch a guy's hat and then see what happens.

Or better yet, what would you do if someone started putting their hands all over you in a not so nice way?
We've cleared this one up in post 76. Nothing else to discuss.

Old 02-24-2019, 06:16 AM

3,106 posts, read 1,770,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
And MAGA types check carefully as to the status of those who work at ethic restaurants?

I doubt it.

It has been well known for decades that many of the workers at Italian restaurants used to be illegals. No one every cared much about it.

Like it or not that saying represents what Trump says. "Rapists, Criminals, Human Trafficers"....and it identifies the wearer as a Nationalist. You know, the same description that guy who just wanted to kill everyone gave of himself??
Why in the world should a MAGA type care if there are illegals working at the restaurant who are uncomfortable with his or her presence? The illegals are the ones breaking the law. Perhaps knowing there are people out there who aren't OK with their being here is a good thing for illegals to be reminded of.

Yes there are far right crazies out there that need to be gotten off the streets, same as there are far left crazies out there threatening and/or committing politically based violence . And yes rapists, criminals and human traffickers need to be jailed and deported. Why should anyone apologize for taking that stance?

Old 02-24-2019, 06:26 AM

1,663 posts, read 1,055,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
So it's over the top when a 9 year old complains about her sport being demeaned but getting your hat knocked off requires a grown man to call the police?
If the guy didn't call the police, the lady might have made up a false claim about how some guy in a MAGA hat attacked her and committed a "hate crime".

This is the world we're living in.

Old 02-24-2019, 06:30 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
A drunken incident makes the news when a member of the protected class is involved.

Old 02-24-2019, 06:35 AM

10,075 posts, read 7,544,097 times
Quote:
So it's over the top when a 9 year old complains about her sport being demeaned but getting your hat knocked off requires a grown man to call the police?
and women gets a free pass for committing crimes? battery/assault/whatever she was charged with

nope, sorry, guy was right to call the cops, should press charges so she has a criminal record too

Old 02-24-2019, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterful_Man View Post
If the guy didn't call the police, the lady might have made up a false claim about how some guy in a MAGA hat attacked her and committed a "hate crime".

This is the world we're living in.
Post 76. The thread is done.

Old 02-24-2019, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLSFan View Post
and women gets a free pass for committing crimes? battery/assault/whatever she was charged with

nope, sorry, guy was right to call the cops, should press charges so she has a criminal record too
Post 76.

Old 02-24-2019, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana Tony View Post
As much as you'd like it to be, 'nationalist' is not a dirty word.
Apparently calling someone a nationalist is intended to be a slur these days. If putting the interests of the US above that of other countries is now a negative, it would be nice if they'd at least tell us which country their first loyalty is to. Mine is to the US. If that makes me a nationalist then I'll wear the label proudly.

I do wonder where all the "nationalist" rhetoric is headed. Will it become a negative to be a member of the D.A.R. or Mayflower Society or other ancestral/genealogical society? My English ancestors go back to the very beginning, including the founding of Boston, and my Dutch ancestors to the founding of NYC. My family has been here for more than 400 years, fought and died in its wars, carved farms out of the New England wilderness, and labored in the factories. They built this country and I am going to put the interests of the US 1st and foremost, and those interests do not include open borders for those who want to come here illegally.

Old 02-24-2019, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker53 View Post
Apparently calling someone a nationalist is intended to be a slur these days. If putting the interests of the US above that of other countries is now a negative, it would be nice if they'd at least tell us which country their first loyalty is to. Mine is to the US. If that makes me a nationalist then I'll wear the label proudly.
If this is true, we would not be involving ourselves in the business of Iraq, Afghanistan, Iran, Syria, Israel, Venezuela, Yemen, etc, etc etc.

Other countries are able to look toward addressing the needs of their people and not get all involved all over the world.

Old 02-24-2019, 07:03 AM

Quote:
If this is true, we would not be involving ourselves in the business of Iraq, Afghanistan, Iran, Syria, Israel, Venezuela, Yemen, etc, etc etc.

Other countries are able to look toward addressing the needs of their people and not get all involved all over the world.
Maybe the interests of the US include what's happening in other countries. It is the nature of being a world military and economic power in a global economy. The US has involved itself internationally for more than a century, including I might add Obama getting caught interfering in Israel's and Frances's elections.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies