Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2019, 09:32 AM

8,104 posts, read 3,957,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
Venezuela's elected leader is currently burning the food aid trucks right in front of hungry Venezuelans, who are watching and crying out in despair.

Don't you feel like a tool right about now.
Will you feel like a tool when thousands of innocents are killed when our meddling makes things worse?

Oops, we accidentally bombed a wedding party.
It is just "collateral damage"

The usual script is playing out as expected like we saw with every other war.
Focus on the human rights abuses and innocent civilians being killed.

Once into the war and after, ignore the dead and wounded and "ungrateful" citizens that want us out of their country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2019, 10:06 AM

8,104 posts, read 3,957,761 times
The food trucks were a carrot and stick approach anyways to get the people to side with the invaders.
If we really cared about the people, we could drop the sanctions that prevent them from getting food into the country.

Old 02-24-2019, 10:23 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,581,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
How come the warmongers always come out with spreading freedom and democracy?

Do you really expect them to be honest and say war is a racket and good for the MIC?
Exactly, if they came out and publicly announced the real reason for going to war, that would not go over too well with the voters! Plus, it would literally define the US and its govt as terrorists.

It would be nice though! I can see it now...the next president addressing the nation..." We are going to go into 'X' and take over their central bank".

Old 02-24-2019, 10:43 AM

293 posts, read 120,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Those trucks had not crossed the border to the Venezuelan side. They were stopped on the bridge midway between the checkpoints and someone set them on fire. They were surrounded by Gaido supporters from what I saw.

The opposition apparently set them on fire from what I'm seeing.

Feel like a tool?

I know what's going on here.
That seems unlikely

Would the US let aid workers from Cuba or Venezuela across the border to deliver food and supplies to detained immigrants on the border, the residents of Flint, or any impoverished US communities?

How about if Cuba and Venezuela declared that Trump's presidency was illegitimate and, instead, recognized Hillary as the US president?

Quote:
I hope the Venezuelan people don't pay too high a price for this.
Agreed.

Old 02-24-2019, 10:48 AM

23,961 posts, read 15,066,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
When we are done, we can look to the middle east for what it will look like in the aftermath.
Millions dead, unstable countries on all sides, trillions more in debt.

Maimed and wounded that come back and told you are on your own!

Millions of refugees coming to the USA blamed on the liberals instead of on the warmongers and profiteers.

The unstable mess will be blamed on the liberals or maybe tge Republicans, while the defense contractors, lobbyists and special interests all get a free pass and take all the money from the crime.

Old 02-24-2019, 12:04 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,581,566 times
Quote:
When we are done, we can look to the middle east for what it will look like in the aftermath.

Millions of refugees coming to the USA blamed on the liberals instead of on the warmongers and profiteers.

The unstable mess will be blamed on the liberals or maybe tge Republicans, while the defense contractors, lobbyists and special interests all get a free pass and take all the money from the crime.
Well said!

I wonder how long it will be after this is all said and done, before the next big 'terrorist attack' against America....so the whole thing can start over from scratch....a new enemy, which will require billions of dollars over decades to 'fight'?!!

Old 02-24-2019, 01:06 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
Outlets are reporting they were Guiado's trucks and Maduro's military opened fire on them. Maduro's military opened fire on civilians the other day.

The Venezuelan people have already paid a high price. I read where Trump is pressuring members of Maduro's high command, WHO HAVE THEIR FAMILY MEMBERS SAFELY STASHED AWAY IN MIAMI, not to follow Maduro's military orders or their families will be returning back to Venezuela. Miami. Unbelievable.
You seriously need to look into what the media does, what they produce for you to see. Take the toppling of the statue of Saddam Hussein.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1PPNfGVW0s

Lets just quote a guy in the hotel that was filming the moment or commenting on it. "If the cameraman moves right or left he'll never work again." The whole thing was staged, there weren't 1000s of people in the square, there was maybe 100s. It was all planned out and choreographed down to the second.

Look into the Maidan Revolution in Ukraine. Look into how the people who were shot, where the bullets were coming from. Look at the angles involved. The police could not have done it from where they were on a hill. Those rifle shots came from behind the people on the streets, high up in a hotel and another building. I know what happens when a bullet enters a tree, I've shot enough of them in my time.

I think the opposition in this case is staging a lot of stuff. I don't and won't trust the media and their reporting because it is not accurate nor is it free and unbiased.

I think Venezuela is headed for civil war at a minimum and it's going to be a bloody one.

I think America is responsible for the whole mess too.

Old 02-24-2019, 01:08 PM

Quote:

Well said. This crap has to stop.

Old 02-24-2019, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritualBaseball View Post
That seems unlikely

Would the US let aid workers from Cuba or Venezuela across the border to deliver food and supplies to detained immigrants on the border, the residents of Flint, or any impoverished US communities?

How about if Cuba and Venezuela declared that Trump's presidency was illegitimate and, instead, recognized Hillary as the US president?

Agreed.
I don't get your message. What is unlikely?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies