Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2019, 06:47 AM

21,474 posts, read 10,572,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Or you could just turn off Fox News and forget trans people exist.
I have no problem with trans people as long as they’re not trying to compete in women’s sports. They’re biologically bigger, stronger, faster, have larger lung capacity, and no amount of hormone therapy or surgery will change that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2019, 06:49 AM

12,386 posts, read 8,149,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I have no problem with trans people as long as they’re not trying to compete in women’s sports. They’re biologically bigger, stronger, faster, have larger lung capacity, and no amount of hormone therapy or surgery will change that.
You are a woman everywhere but the sports field is just unworkable. The born girl was not going to actually compete with the next Serena Williams and next Dr Renee Richards is an even more rare occurrence in nature.

In other words you have to have a problem with them everywhere else if you want your sports pure.

Old 02-27-2019, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Wow! The militant pro-trans types are like Stalinists when it comes to the suppression of others.
Read the comments. Very interesting. There isn’t a lot of sympathy for this woman because apparently she has used those same tactics against others as a radical feminist. But I do agree with her that trans male to female are not women, and still have power over born women due to their physicality. She has numerous examples that can’t be ignored.

Old 02-27-2019, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
It robbed the girl of her spot, her ability to travel and compete, her potential to be seen by recruiters, her potential for a scholarship. There was potential for paid college tuition. Is her family rich? Can they pay for her college tuition outright? Will she now have to take out student loans? If she's not running for the college, how does that affect her potential for state and national championships? And her potential to receive national level coaching? How does that affect her ability to potentially make the Olympic team?

It robbed her of more than not going to Boston. A lot of possibilities have now been taken out of her hands. How long do you think she will continue getting up early in the morning to run the track? How much longer will she do after-school runs? Get up early on the weekends to do long runs? How much longer do you think she will push through sore muscles and minor injuries? How long do you think she will continue running in the heat, running in the cold, running in the rain? How much longer will she be dragging mom and dad to the mall for new shoes? How many more track meets do you think she'll do before she calls it a day?
Yep, and not just her. It is demoralizing. I feel for these girls who have been sacrificed for political correctness. If they want to let them run, let them run as a specialized category that doesn’t take spots from biological girls.

Old 02-27-2019, 06:58 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,280,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
You know, I really feel sorry for these girls.

I was involved in a sport in my younger days, and I was pretty good at it. I started at 8, and by the time I was 14, I was usually coming in second or third more times than not. It would have been terribly unfair if, at age 14, I all of a sudden had to compete with biological boys (who quicky would have beaten me).

Very unfair to girls who have trained for years to suddenly have to face this unfair competition.
Agreed and some people don't seem to understand that a lot of these real girls are depending on these competitions as a way to get scholarships. Finishing first in a state finals carries a lot of weight with college programs.

In addition, because of the competitive placement of these boys, there are two girls who are eliminated completely from the races being run. Poof, there goes a hopeful young woman's first and/or second college choice or possibly tens of thousands of dollars in scholarship money.

Old 02-27-2019, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
You are a woman everywhere but the sports field is just unworkable. The born girl was not going to actually compete with the next Serena Williams and next Dr Renee Richards is an even more rare occurrence in nature.

In other words you have to have a problem with them everywhere else if you want your sports pure.
Yeah, Serena Williams is a born female. There is no comparison.

Old 02-27-2019, 09:26 AM

1,131 posts, read 2,025,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
The last mistake Obama made while POTUS was to allow "identity" to dictate who could be in what bathroom or locker room in public schools while telling everyone else to shut up and accept it.
I would expect Democrats to advocate for the transgender community. But the entire Democratic Establishment made a 'yuge mistake in 2016 by letting themselves get suckered into making transgender rights a front-burner issue. Somehow, transgender bathroom access became more important than the erosion of the blue-collar middle class, continuous undocumented immigration across our southern border on a massive scale, an exploding opioid addiction crisis, or an exhausted and overextended military bogged down in conflicts half way around the world where there are no concrete, militarily achievable objectives that would define victory. Even moderates who really don't care who uses what bathroom, as long as they are discreet about it, were incredulous that politicians were spending so much time and effort on the topic.

The Democrats' pivot towards "identity politics," and away from the economic and QOL issues that confront the typical middle class family, are largely how we ended up with the buffoon we have now for president.

Last edited by madpaddy; 02-27-2019 at 09:52 AM..

Old 02-27-2019, 09:51 AM

3,331 posts, read 2,136,915 times
The transgender normalization movement runs afoul of established biology and psychology, constitutes a direct threat to both women and gays, and moreover the minority of parents actively pushing mental disorder onto young children should be arrested for child abuse.

Old 02-27-2019, 09:52 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,811,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madpaddy View Post
I would expect Democrats to advocate for the transgender community. But the entire Democratic Establishment made a 'yuge mistake in 2016 by letting themselves get suckered into making transgender rights a front-burner issue. Somehow, transgender bathroom access became more important than the erosion of the blue-collar middle class, continuous undocumented immigration across our southern border on a massive scale, an exploding opioid addiction crisis, or an exhausted and overextended military bogged down in conflicts half way around the world where there are no concrete, militarily achievable objectives that would define victory. Even moderates that really didn't care who used what bathroom, as long as they were discreet about it, were incredulous that politicians were spending so much time and effort on the topic.
I actually agree with this. One of the biggest mistakes the Democratic Party has made in recent history is putting its weight behind the transgender bathroom issue so soon after the gay marriage decision. Half the country was already losing its mind after the Obergefell v Hodges decision, which itself came only a few weeks after Caitlyn Jenner's Vanity Fair debut. Let me just say it was not a good time to be a closeted gay man living in Oklahoma.

The next step should have been going after housing/employment discrimination and while that probably would have still enraged the religious right, it wouldn't have stroked the flame quite as much as the transgender bathroom issue did. I also think that's something that most moderates could get behind.

Old 02-27-2019, 10:42 AM

50,286 posts, read 47,032,885 times
It would be fair if the girls can use steroids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies