Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2019, 12:05 AM

6,835 posts, read 2,397,206 times

Advertisements

Those snowflakes should man-up!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2019, 12:10 AM

24,596 posts, read 9,434,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
I can't believe women are putting up with this crap.
Me neither, it's insanity. The audicty of men thinking they can do everything, including being an actual woman, should outrage women.

Old 02-28-2019, 04:16 AM

384 posts, read 434,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Actually, very few outside of the Christian conservatives even cared about the issue. I was happy with the Supreme Court ruling, as were many conservatives. I know your area is heavily religious, but it’s not like that everywhere.
I am as liberal as they come and I take exception with that ruling. I have no problem with trans people and they can do what they want with their bodies. They should also be protected against crimes and afforded full opportunities.
However, I agree that Obama went too far there.
Their freedom should not impede on the freedom of CIS women. imo.

Old 02-28-2019, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Me neither, it's insanity. The audicty of men thinking they can do everything, including being an actual woman, should outrage women.
They can believe that they are full women however they should not take advantage of their new found gender.

Old 02-28-2019, 04:51 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,728,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
https://www.westernjournal.com/trans...estern-journal

I understand a transgender's pain and transition. I know two women that are transitioning and becoming men. One of them has even had her mastectomies and is waiting for surgery to create a penis.

I don't understand letting two physically stronger transgender sprinters compete against highschool girls

I also don't like that some random guy can now say that that he identifies as a female and goes in and showers and dresses in a woman's dressing room
We already have Special Olympics to allow the handicapped to compete. The solution is right there for you. Create a separate league for transgenders to compete in. We have absolutely no idea what to do with them otherwise.

A biological man who is 6'6" isn't going to get any shorter by transitioning, so letting him play women's basketball is incredibly unfair. A biological woman is essentially taking large quantities of banned PED's in order to transition to looking like and living as a man. There is no clear way to fit either one into men's or women's sports leagues because both of them are kinda cheating and have unfair advantages.

Old 02-28-2019, 05:31 AM

23,170 posts, read 26,179,590 times
Wrestling and boxing are divided by levels. May need to do the same.

Old 02-28-2019, 07:01 AM

78,326 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Wrestling and boxing are divided by levels. May need to do the same.
They're divided by weight.

Since men are pound for pound stronger etc. that won't help in a lot of sports.

I will admit though, (random thought) it would be funny if they had weight classes for other Olympic sports.

Like the Super Heavyweight class for the marathon or 400yd dash etc. or diving!

Old 02-28-2019, 10:06 AM

21,461 posts, read 10,560,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by limaman View Post
I am as liberal as they come and I take exception with that ruling. I have no problem with trans people and they can do what they want with their bodies. They should also be protected against crimes and afforded full opportunities.
However, I agree that Obama went too far there.
Their freedom should not impede on the freedom of CIS women. imo.
I was talking about gay marriage, not transgender issues.

Old 02-28-2019, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I was talking about gay marriage, not transgender issues.

Old 03-01-2019, 02:32 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,426,246 times
Default Female High Schooler Speaks Out After Losing Championship To Two Transgender Sprinters

Quote:
Connecticut high schooler Selina Soule appeared on Fox News' "The Ingraham Angle" on Tuesday night to discuss transgender athletes in women's sports. Soule recently competed in a high-stakes competition where two biologically male transgender sprinters beat the field, taking first and second place by significant margins. Soule finished in 8th place, missing an opportunity to compete in front of college coaches by two places.
https://www.dailywire.com/news/44063...-prestigiacomo

Women's athletics are finished. Enjoy the show!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies