Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2019, 12:53 PM

36,531 posts, read 30,856,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmccormick71 View Post
Oh for heaven's sake.

Well, I guess it is theoretically possible that there could be a future war requiring drafting over two million soldiers.

And I suppose it is theoretically possible that some young women would purposely get pregnant and thus commit to the expense and effort of raising a child for at least 18 years so they could put off being drafted for 9 months.

Sure, that's a totally logical and reasonable argument to make against this court decision.

I wonder why the lawyers didn't use it?
I'm not trying to make an argument against it.
This is a discussion board, no? Just discussing a possible theoretical issue.

Better to stick with "oh well the pretty, pretty princesses cant cut it because they will miss their salon appointments or well now those feminists will see what its like to get blown to bits on the front line, serves 'em right!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2019, 01:08 PM

501 posts, read 1,064,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Who are they? what privileges do they want, what responsibilities of being a man do they not want.
I'd consider access to government grants for college and the potential of being hired into a government job as privileges. I would also assume that, given the choice, most women would prefer NOT to have the responsibility of signing up for the draft in order to acquire those privileges.

Old 02-26-2019, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jzer21 View Post
I'd consider access to government grants for college and the potential of being hired into a government job as privileges. I would also assume that, given the choice, most women would prefer NOT to have the responsibility of signing up for the draft in order to acquire those privileges.
Thats one.
I would not have considered it a privileged as women were not permitted until just recently to serve in combat or in just any military position. If you are not allowed in then exclusion isnt really a privilege.
I would assume that most men would prefer NOT to have the responsibility either. It has been mostly men who have fought against female conscription.

Old 02-26-2019, 01:49 PM

501 posts, read 1,064,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Thats one.
I would not have considered it a privileged as women were not permitted until just recently to serve in combat or in just any military position. If you are not allowed in then exclusion inst really a privilege.
I would assume that most men would prefer NOT to have the responsibility either. It has been mostly men who have fought against female conscription.
I'm not talking about conscription, or combat. I talking about holding a job in ANY government position. Whether it's working for the IRS, Dept of Child Services, the SEC, FTC, FCC, any of them. There are no stipulations for a women to work in any of those. Yet, to this day, men are allowed ONLY if they've registered with the selective service (the draft). That's the inequality we're talking about here. And, again, this isn't even touching on the government grants for education.

Declaring the all-male draft unconstitutional is just a vehicle they're trying to use to get the selective service requirement abolished. It's a good thing.

Old 02-26-2019, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jzer21 View Post
I'm not talking about conscription, or combat. I talking about holding a job in ANY government position. Whether it's working for the IRS, Dept of Child Services, the SEC, FTC, FCC, any of them. There are no stipulations for a women to work in any of those. Yet, to this day, men are allowed ONLY if they've registered with the selective service (the draft). That's the inequality we're talking about here. And, again, this isn't even touching on the government grants for education.

Declaring the all-male draft unconstitutional is just a vehicle they're trying to use to get the selective service requirement abolished. It's a good thing.
Well that is conscription.

Old 02-27-2019, 03:12 AM

4,904 posts, read 2,056,126 times
Being a retired U.S. Army "Combat Arms" senior NCO, I say heck yeah, make females register with the selective services. It's about time!!

You want equal rights and now you got them!! Welcome to the wonderful World of the Infantry, Artillery, Armor, Combat Engineers and the Cavalry!!

You'll have fun... Especially when it's time to fight to the last soldier, in order to hold the line at all costs. And all you have left to fight with is a bayonet, axe handle, an entrenching tool and whatever you can take off of the enemy YOU killed in some "hand to hand" combat.

Don't worry if you can't hack it with one of those "Combat Arms" jobs/MOS. The Army will always have needs for "bullet stoppers" and "self propelled mine detectors."

Duty, Honor and Country!!

Old 02-27-2019, 07:15 AM

4,798 posts, read 3,508,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
The end result will be that more men end up having to fight while the women mostly stay in the rear with the gear. Physically weaker men are the losers here because they will have no way to stay off of the front lines.
Its all dependent on your MOS, NEC etc. And, there are plenty of women serving in combat positions already.
Read here on Chief Kent. She was CTI, a liinguist for the Navy.. Many more like her out there. And if the front line gets overtaken, the rest of the military will be combat veterans real quick.
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/08/u...itary-spy.html
And even though I have 2 daughters, I say heck yes, they need to register too.

Old 02-28-2019, 09:01 AM

3,255 posts, read 1,719,842 times
Equality is equality

Old 02-28-2019, 11:57 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 2 days ago)

27,173 posts, read 13,455,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyram View Post
https://www.foxnews.com/us/all-male-...al-judge-texas

Ok feminists & "equality" standard bearers....your wishes are coming true. This falls under the heading "be careful what you wish for"...LOL
The 1st Battalion of the Trangender Regiment should confuse the hell out of the enemy.

Old 02-28-2019, 12:03 PM

20,102 posts, read 9,015,533 times
Of course they should be drafted. Troops get hungry on the front lines. What better than a well made sammich when there's a brief cease-fire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies