Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2019, 12:36 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,501,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
I've noticed many a thing from your comments too, but how many times can I explain that pointing at other topics is neither justification or defense related to the topic at hand! Again and again, if you/we want to focus on criticism related to other events going on elsewhere, no problem! Start the thread. Let me know what it is!

Meanwhile the topic here is Israel and/or anti-semitism. Right?!? Accordingly, that is my focus HERE AND NOW.

Imagine if every time I criticized America's relationship with Saudi Arabia, someone argued "but what about North Korea," and then accused me of being a Sunni Muslim hater. Just how dumb can this sort of tactic be and still be repeated over and over?

Again please have mercy...
And how many times do I have to explain to YOU that it is the double standard which reveals antisemitism, and the only way to show that is to compare it to the response related to other events/country. That's the topic - the double standard among leftists.

Old 03-24-2019, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Are you curious because of all your prior unjustified accusations about leftists?
Except he answered me, and he isn't an extreme leftist. He's quite reasonable.

And my accusation? That often antisemitism and condemnation of Israel are linked, especially when a double standard is obvious? How can you even doubt that? Just look at BDS, supported by Democrats. Look at how people make excuses for the much worse behavior of Arabs. Double standard. Double standard. Double standard.

And please stop saying how you are spending so much effort "explaining things to me" as if I'm an idiot. It's very arrogant to assume that anyone who disagrees with your opiniom is too stupid to follow your explanation. You actually remind me of a Christian Evangelist who kept harassing me that I was going to go to hell, and I kept telling him I didn't want to hear anymore. His response always was, "OK, let me explain again so you'll understand." Believe me, I understood - I just wasn't buying what he was selling!

Old 03-24-2019, 12:48 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,085,863 times
Plz stop with leftist hating jew nonsense.some of my dem leftist friends are jewish and two are children of holocaust survives . my own child is part jewish and has included them self in both jewish and Christian culture.

using an old quote"can't we all just get along"!

Old 03-24-2019, 12:52 PM

89,002 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
And how many times do I have to explain to YOU that it is the double standard which reveals antisemitism, and the only way to show that is to compare it to the response related to other events/country. That's the topic - the double standard among leftists.
I agree, 100%. I cringe when others post that it's Israel's policies to which they object. That makes no sense. Israel's defense policies are no different than any other country's. When their sovereign land is attacked, they defend it. But the anti-Semites object to Israel doing the same.

Old 03-24-2019, 12:53 PM

Quote:
I rest my case!

Have you complimented or sided with ANY comment that wasn't entirely in line with your agenda here?
That poster was definitely antisemitic, saying Jews acted like they were better than anyone else. And the sneak even used end quotes so as to make it difficult, if not impossible, to refute him. (Is ANY awful comment antisemitic to you? I bet you think Omar doesn't have an anti-Jew bone in her body, hmmmmm?)

And what conspiratorial "agenda" are you talking about? Another Jewish conspiracy, with all their secret agendas?

Keep talking. You're showing your colors with every post.

Old 03-24-2019, 12:57 PM

89,002 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
Plz stop with leftist hating jew nonsense.some of my dem leftist friends are jewish and two are children of holocaust survives . my own child is part jewish and has included them self in both jewish and Christian culture.

using an old quote"can't we all just get along"!
Not when we have CLEARLY anti-Semitic Dem Congress members and 2020 presidential hopefuls.

Old 03-24-2019, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I agree, 100%. I cringe when others post that it's Israel's policies to which they object. That makes no sense. Israel's defense policies are no different than any other country's. When their sovereign land is attacked, they defend it. But the anti-Semites object to Israel doing the same.
Precisely! And the entire message of the thread was that antisemitism is at play when double standards are applied to Israel, and in order to show the double standards, one has to show how the attitude is different with other countries. And then the answer comes back.....stop comparing to other countries. Well.....that's the double standard! They only want to focus their condemnation on Israel.

Old 03-24-2019, 12:59 PM

8,501 posts, read 3,339,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
But what if someone doesn't accept that standard, as logically or practically valid? But forgetting that objection for now ... who's the "boss" of standard-setting?

From what I can tell different double-standards have been proffered by various organizations, with the definitions themselves in conflict. For example, per an earlier post one of the double standard tests is to compare Israeli policies to those of another democratic country. That sure isn't being followed by most here.

More ... there's concern among some Israelis that annexation without citizenship for Palestinian residents will leave the country no longer democratic, where it would then "fail" a double standard comparison to a democratic country - and arguably without the "accuser" being anti-Semitic even by that relatively high standard.

Old 03-24-2019, 01:17 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
With Americans money. THAT is where the objection lies. To ignore that is dishonest.

Old 03-24-2019, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
But what if someone doesn't accept that standard, as logically or practically valid? But forgetting that objection for now ... who's the "boss" of standard-setting?

From what I can tell different double-standards have been proffered by various organizations, with the definitions themselves in conflict. For example, per an earlier post one of the double standard tests is to compare Israeli policies to those of another democratic country. That sure isn't being followed by most here.

More ... there's concern among some Israelis that annexation without citizenship for Palestinian residents will leave the country no longer democratic, where it would then "fail" a double standard comparison to a democratic country - and arguably without the "accuser" being anti-Semitic even by that relatively high standard.
The antisemites want it so they can be free to apply their double standards re broad condemnation of Israel and Isrselis. Then they can dump to their heart's content, conflating hate of Israel with hate for Jews, and never be criticized for their blatant hostility toward Jews. If you heard all the nasty screaming about "Jews" during BDS protests, you'd know this isn't just about policy, at least in that case. It's driven by hate for Jews.

And the attempts to justify it are really telling as well. For example, when someone pointed out how countries capture territory when they are attacked by enemies (or even if they start the war), the answer was: well, because it's been like that in the past, why should it be that way for Israel now? Same thing for a discussion on how Arab countries expelled and stole the land of nearly 1 million Jews: the answer was, well, just because other countries did that in the past, why should Isrsel get away with it now?

So the question is, why was all this acceptable in the past, and new and different standards are now being applied to the Jewish State?

And finally, why do we never hear of the wonderful humanitarian efforts Israel bestows on the Arabs who hate them? Do you know that Israel provides life-saving medical treatment to Syrians critically wounded by Syria? Do you think Syrians would ever rush in to save Isrseli lives? (That's just a single example. I could start an entirely new thread on all the wonderful things Israel does, but that would really draw out the antisemites.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies