Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2019, 12:17 PM

8,494 posts, read 3,335,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
Dershowitz wants Israel to be treated the same as other oppressive regimes.
:
Quote:
Where are your demonstrations on behalf of the oppressed Tibetans, Georgians, Syrians, Armenians, Kurds, or even Ukrainians? Where are your BDS movements against the Chinese, the Russians, the Cubans, the Turks, or the Assad regime?

Only the Palestinians, only Israel? Why? Not because the Palestinians are more oppressed than these and other groups.

Only because their alleged oppressors are Jews and the nation-state of the Jews. Would there be demonstrations and BDS campaigns on behalf of the Palestinians if they were oppressed by Jordan or Egypt?

Oh, wait! The Palestinians were oppressed by Egypt and Jordan .. Gaza was an open-air prison between 1948 and 1967, when Egypt was the occupying power. And remember Black September, when Jordan killed more Palestinians than Israel did in a century? I don't remember any demonstration or BDS campaigns -- because there weren't any.

When Arabs occupy or kill Arabs, Europeans go ho-hum. But when Israel opens a soda factory in Maale Adumim, which even the Palestinian leadership acknowledges will remain part of Israel in any peace deal, Oxfam parts ways with Scarlett Johansson for advertising a soda company that employs hundreds of Palestinians
He fails to mention that Israel has openly provided support to the jihadists armies that ethnically cleansed much of civilian population in the Middle East. If public opposition to Israel's internal policies is growing, it's largely the result of their exploiting the long-running conflict in neighboring Syria and Iraq to simultaneously carry out its own armed conflict with the Gazas without the media focus. Now that the wars are winding down, there is more press coverage space available to shed light on Israel's policies.
Two comments:

1. While Dershowitz' purpose is to apply the "double standard" ... it is the factual content that's most relevant. No way will Palestinians be integrated into the surrounded countries, much less Saudi Arabia or the Gulf states. Arabs do kills Arabs; not much commonality with no taking in of the Palestinians simply because all may be Muslim.

As for demonstrations to support Black September? That's fanciful. The Black September movement hijacked commercial airliners and attempted to overthrow the Hashemite dynasty. It was a terrorist group that destabilized Jordan. For Dershowitz to twist history to apply an artificial definition does not impress.

2. OTOH there's no inherent reason to criticize Israel for taking actions that most other world nations - including Democracies, and the United States - would citing national interest or, for Israel, survival. Some actions might be unwise, some might backfire ...but Israel has the inherent right to act in its best interests. There's this propensity to criticize the US for various actions in Syria- with some of it warranted, we're babes in the woods - but all too often Assad is totally left out of the picture. So, yeah, I could see that holding Israel to a "higher standard" there - defense - doesn't work. It can - and IMHO should - treat Palestinians within its defensive borders to a "Democratic standard" but I don't see an issue with using methods that best counter those of their tough-neighborhood opponents for basic defense.

Old 03-27-2019, 12:01 AM

10,206 posts, read 15,910,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
OK.....an antiSemite on a parallel thread just demonstrated the link between Jew-hatred and Israel-bashing. (We are not allowed to cross-link, but it's on the thread about Omar rallying Muslims.)

His first sentence was about "the crazy people who run the banks and media and who ruined the country" (yes, I suppose he thinks Jews have ruined the country). He then goes on to bash Israel as destroying innocent lives and ruining other countries. And his concluding sentiment is that despising Israel isn't antisemitic.

In his case, it IS.

And that's the point of the thread. To show that blatant and broad condemnation of Israel, while ignoring worse from other countries, IS an indication of antisemitism.
I don't think its truly anti-Semitic to point out that the Jews are the most powerful group of people in America and that they do own most of the news media and that most of the power brokers in Washington are Jewish. But hating the deep state and hating George Soros isn't necessary anti-Semitic because my hatred and distrust of them, and of the media has nothing to do with their Jewishness. In fact I am a very strong supporter of Israel and feel israel is within its rights to expel the entire Palestinian population out of the West Bank because the Bible promises that land to the Jews, before even Christians. And for me it has nothing to do with the Rapture because the Rapture can happen anytime regardless of what occurs in the Middle East. The Rapture can happen today. I believe in the Bible literally and it doesn't say that the Third Temple MUST be built before the Rapture and the Tribulation can begin.

in fact the power of the Jewish community is proof that they've been uniquely blessed by God and as a Chosen People. As for the Jewish power brokers in Washington I suspect they had something to do with AOC's embarassment today with her Green New Deal being voted down. AOC and the other Democrats who refused to attend AIPAC are being punished.....how this will play out is interesting though. There are still many establishment Democrats that the Jewish power brokers, who are mostly liberal, prefer over Trump but if the Democrat candidate is one of the anti-Israel individuals, we may see a Judeo-Christian alliance form in support of Trump and this will have implications on the media too as the media bosses may instruct their journalists to be more fair toward Trump rather than constantly attack him, and be more critical of the Democrat anti-Israel candidate. The Jewish power brokers Jewishness only come in when Israel is a factor and I don't blame them for that. Israel is their own people and one will always defend one's own people first regardless of all else.

Old 03-27-2019, 12:05 AM

10,206 posts, read 15,910,503 times
I personally am against globalism but don't associate that with the Jews. I do think America's own interests and our own citizens must come first. When I think globalism, the first thing that comes to mind is unfair trade agreements where America is purposely the weaker party for political reasons so our wealth can be redistributed to the outside world and where U.S. jobs like most of US manufacturing is sacrificed for geopolitical reasons like with NAFTA, and support for refugees and illegal immigration. This has nothing to do with Jews and more with the globalist elites of all stripes including the traitorous individuals in the British government who are resisting Brexit and allowing England to be overrun by Eastern Europeans who are taking jobs from British natives and causing most of the crime and drugs in the UK and who want to redistribute British tax money to failed states like Greece simply for geopolitical reasons.

Old 03-27-2019, 06:36 AM

18,458 posts, read 15,236,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
I personally am against globalism but don't associate that with the Jews. I do think America's own interests and our own citizens must come first. When I think globalism, the first thing that comes to mind is unfair trade agreements where America is purposely the weaker party for political reasons so our wealth can be redistributed to the outside world and where U.S. jobs like most of US manufacturing is sacrificed for geopolitical reasons like with NAFTA, and support for refugees and illegal immigration. This has nothing to do with Jews and more with the globalist elites of all stripes including the traitorous individuals in the r government who are resisting Brexit and allowing England to be overrun by Eastern Europeans who are taking jobs from British natives and causing most of the crime and drugs in the UK and who want to redistribute British tax money to failed states like Greece simply for geopolitical reasons.
To me, the bigger problem is the Muslims that are taking over European cities, and I would hope we would be careful not allow the current trend of them coming here to continue. I dont have a problem with Muslims on an individual level. In fact, I have quite a few friends that are Muslim.

But as a group, wherever they immigrate en masse, they bring a lot of anti semitism with them. And not the ambiguous anti semitism that we are talking about here, but overt, unabashed antisemitism. Even though I dont look particularly “Jewish”, I still feel danger in parts of European cities where I didnt used to feel danger. If that makes me Islamophobic to some people, then so be it. My self preservation instinct is a lot stronger than my political correctness instinct.

Old 03-27-2019, 08:25 AM

5,462 posts, read 3,032,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
I personally am against globalism but don't associate that with the Jews. I do think America's own interests and our own citizens must come first. When I think globalism, the first thing that comes to mind is unfair trade agreements where America is purposely the weaker party for political reasons so our wealth can be redistributed to the outside world and where U.S. jobs like most of US manufacturing is sacrificed for geopolitical reasons like with NAFTA, and support for refugees and illegal immigration. This has nothing to do with Jews and more with the globalist elites of all stripes including the traitorous individuals in the British government who are resisting Brexit and allowing England to be overrun by Eastern Europeans who are taking jobs from British natives and causing most of the crime and drugs in the UK and who want to redistribute British tax money to failed states like Greece simply for geopolitical reasons.
There is a big difference. Fed gives unlimited money to the government . The tariff deals are a bonus on top of that unlimited money.

And regarding British, guess they are paying back what they looted world wide. They are reaping the results of their past actions.

Old 03-27-2019, 08:28 AM

18,458 posts, read 15,236,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
There is a big difference. Fed gives unlimited money to the government . The tariff deals are a bonus on top of that unlimited money.

And regarding British, guess they are paying back what they looted world wide. They are reaping the results of their past actions.
The part I dont get, is that they are doing it voluntarily. Seems stupid to me. Apparently, it seems stupid to most citizens over there, as well.

Old 03-27-2019, 08:40 AM

5,462 posts, read 3,032,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
To me, the bigger problem is the Muslims that are taking over European cities, and I would hope we would be careful not allow the current trend of them coming here to continue. I dont have a problem with Muslims on an individual level. In fact, I have quite a few friends that are Muslim.

But as a group, wherever they immigrate en masse, they bring a lot of anti semitism with them. And not the ambiguous anti semitism that we are talking about here, but overt, unabashed antisemitism. Even though I dont look particularly “Jewish”, I still feel danger in parts of European cities where I didnt used to feel danger. If that makes me Islamophobic to some people, then so be it. My self preservation instinct is a lot stronger than my political correctness instinct.
They should look at countries like India or Indonesia or Turkey or France or Russia. If you leave them alone, they arent going to go wild. They will still keep their medieval thinking, but its not dangerous until provoked.

Terrorism seems to "originate" or "target" those places where Israel and Jews have influence or strategic interests , for eg, Syria, Golan heights, Iran, 9/11(New york),Pakistan etc.

Old 03-27-2019, 09:02 AM

29,531 posts, read 9,700,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I would not know. I'm not Israeli. And I resent the insinu-endo that I am.
Forgive me but can we not have opinion about other governments in other countries without living in that country? I'm not Isaeli either. I didn't think you were Israeli. Here too there was absolutely no insinu-endo, but just asking about your thoughts with respect to Israel when it comes to what you previously described as strong feeling in favor or separation of church and state.

Sheesh!

Misrepresentations and false accusations are an epidemic in this thread...

Old 03-27-2019, 09:04 AM

29,531 posts, read 9,700,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
This "your agenda" nonsense you keep accusing me of speaks volumes. Jews and their conspiracies is the oldest antisemitic trope in the book.
As are your defense tactics, which is why a focus more on the facts of these matters makes for the more intelligent discussion. Your agenda is obvious and not a conspiracy BTW. Not hard to read and understand what I am referring to beginning with the rather loaded title of your thread...

Old 03-27-2019, 09:16 AM

4,559 posts, read 1,435,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
The denigrate because they believe it makes them appear more informed and intellectual superior to those of us who have the more traditional attitude toward American-Israeli relations.
And they denigrate while enjoying all the advantages of military technology and medical technology that Israel provides to the world.
The Left makes no sense at all.
Netanyahu makes sense. Dick Cheney makes sense. The Left doesn't.
Two remarkable narcissists who act to destroy the country they live in.

Good analogy.

Trump s the wingman learning the Ropes of specific deception...in plain site.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies