Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2019, 10:53 PM

2,486 posts, read 824,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
(I put the following is an unrelated thread, but it's really worthy if its own thread).....

The anti-Semitism on the left is spreading. And for those anti-Isrseli leftists who keep insisting that being against Israel does not have Antisemitisim at its root, let me ask you the following:

Why are leftists choosing to denigrate Israel, protesting with the anti-Israel BDS movement, when we barely hear a peep against against countries that are truly brutalizing Muslims? What about the Buddhist country of Mynamer (sp?), and what they've done do the 1 million Rochingya Muslims in that country? The Buddhists won't even allow Muslims to be citizen there (while Israel has Muslims in elected leadership positions)! And what about Syria and its treatment? What about the Kurds? I could go on and on.

WHY is the condemnation focused solely on the Jewish country? Why are leftists so willing - and even eager - to condemn Jews, yet there's not a word about other countries doing far worse?

Here's an article showing the tie between the hard left and Nazism:

Why Such a Surge of Worldwide Anti-Semitism, by Alan Dershowitz — Dr. Naomi on Israel

Progressives are tolerant - except of anything they disagree with

Spoiled children acting like adults does not make them adults.

Old 04-06-2019, 04:43 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,497,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ted08721 View Post
I would recommend watching the full length documentary.
I think many will find it to be an eye opener.

https://www.occupationmovie.org/
Didn't open it, but from the title alone, it obviously has a bias.

Old 04-06-2019, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post

Yup. You should have heard one of the anti-Israel progressives, after digging out some horrible stuff from the Jewish bible to "prove" why the conflict is 100% the Jews' fault (and neglecting the horrible stuff from the Muslim bible), brag about ridiculing me. HE actually said that he couldn't ridicule me enough!

Old 04-06-2019, 06:48 AM

4,437 posts, read 4,865,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Didn't open it, but from the title alone, it obviously has a bias.
You did not open it because you choose to live in darkness and hatred.

Old 04-06-2019, 06:55 AM

35,000 posts, read 16,964,237 times
Quote:
That kind of site is itself a memorial to darkness and hatred.

Old 04-06-2019, 07:14 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,501,935 times
Quote:
I opened it, saw that Roger Waters of Pink Floyd fame and pro-Palestinian propagandist is the narrator, and closed it.

Old 04-06-2019, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I opened it, saw that Roger Waters of Pink Floyd fame and pro-Palestinian propagandist is the narrator, and closed it.
Yeah, curiosity got the better of me and I opened it as well.

Why does the far left think linking maps and videos from Palestinian propagandists is making a valid argument? All is showsis how they are falling for the propaganda!

Old 04-06-2019, 10:26 AM

29,531 posts, read 9,700,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post

I suppose such a comment might be considered fair, intelligent or adult by some, but reads very differently to me. Childish...

Reads like yet another comment all about the want to express jaded opinion, pick sides, share emotion without a shred of fact, reason or logic involved. Just more of the endless parade of false accusations and efforts to "hide the ball" rather than address the simple facts, let alone the more difficult ones.

Find me a conservative, for example, that is any more "tolerant" about anything they disagree about, and maybe there would be a chance for that more "adult" conversation you obviously prefer to avoid. In the case of too many conservatives I know, "tolerant" is not even part of the vocabulary. Can't even talk about these differences without going off the rails, if they can talk at all!

As already explained, I'm not one to avoid any facts even when presented by questionable or controversial sources, because what matters most are the facts regardless the source. Accordingly, I had a look at that link considered off limits by some, and I was immediately struck with the quote that hits you front and center. “It doesn't matter if justice is on your side. You have to depict your position as just.” ― Benjamin Netanyahu

Now I don't care who you are, I would think you would want to know if this quote is something Netanyahu actually said and if he actually meant what he seems to be saying (for obvious reasons). IOWs, is it a fact that Netanyaho said this? No matter? Personally, I think it very much matters. Curious, I tried to learn more about this and had some trouble finding what I was looking for, so still I don't really know other than this quote is addressed by others wondering the same thing. In the process of that effort, however, I came across this that tends to be more about the facts, reason and logic I consider a little more adult like...

Why Should Anyone Believe Netanyahu?

How many politicians, media people and ordinary citizens believe Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is sincerely interested in reaching a peace agreement with the Palestinians?

https://www.haaretz.com/1.5209427

Also demonstrates how the search for facts and truth, regardless the path, often leads to still more learning, for those interested in learning rather than just spouting uninformed opinion and unjustified accusations "to depict your position as just." Not sure if Netanyahu actually said this, but I sure know all too many people who seem to live by this tactic and goal, and failing miserably I might add.

Last edited by LearnMe; 04-06-2019 at 10:44 AM..

Old 04-06-2019, 12:25 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,084,230 times
why is this still being debated????

this country is full of anti everything vying for attention especially these last two years.

rise in anti semantism

should tell us something as the rise in anti non whites has

as to BB--- another corrupt leader .

Israelites have been constantly seeking land since the old testament.maybe it is time for them to seek yahwehs guidance for peace and stability

and before I am accused of foolish things,my family is part Jewish and when I do christian teaching my students learn about the religion and culture of Jesus as a descendant of the House of David

Old 04-06-2019, 04:06 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,008,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t
So if anti-Semitism is not important to you then by extrapolation would you have brushed off the arguments over slavery, on the basis of black inferiority, in antebellum USA? After all, they could point to plenty of facts and evidence of black inferiority, and most whites, other than Radical Republicans, believed in said inferiority at the time.

You would have brushed off bigotry against blacks and gone for a deep dive into the rationale of people like Stephen A. Douglas???
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
As a matter of fact, I have carefully considered the arguments about race superiority and/or inferiority as well, and based on all the facts, reason and logic that I have been able to consider, I've judged the right or wrong about those arguments in the same way.

Fact as well, if I dismissed all opinion -- facts, reason and logic -- coming from unworthy sources, I'd not be considering most voices in Congress! Certainly not this POTUS. I'd also ignore most people in this forum...

No matter the who however. Again, I judge facts, reason and logic based on the quality of the facts, reason and logic presented. I weight that quality far more than I do the source. Though I take source into consideration as well.

Also of course, I didn't suggest anti-Semitism is not important to me. Of course all forms of stereotypical prejudice and bigotry is an important problem for all of us. I give you the benefit of the doubt to assume you meant with respect to considering the source of opinion, but before anyone again makes any false accusations about my thoughts or opinions so commonly done in this thread, I know better than to not clarify your comment.

Not that I think any such clarification makes much difference to some commenting in this thread, but I bother anyway. Just not so much any more...
That is a lot of words that, as far as I can tell, fails to answer a fairly simple question. You seem to be not much bothered by having 9 Democratic US House members with anti-Semitic ties, and don't think that Rep. Omar should have been censured over her anti-Semitic ties.

Would you have felt the same way about Stephen A. Douglas if you could be transported back to 1860? That's a simple 'yes' or 'no.'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies