Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2020, 08:26 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,496,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
I notice the same type of thing. If I point out that Arabs expelled nearly a million Jews from Arab countries and stole their property, I hear.....well, that was decades ago. There are excuses and rationalization for every country. Except Israel. Of course.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
What is the alternative? Boycott things that are long past? Israel is doing this now.
What in the world are you DOING??? You quoted something I didn't recall saying, so I went back to it, and it was from March 2019, nearly a year ago. Are you going back page-by-page, nearly 200 of them, looking for posts in which you can argue points against Israel - and taking comments out of context? I'm sure you've come across some of the Hitler-like posts by bigtime anti-Semites, but you're skipping right past them to focus solely on condemning Israel - and argue with the pro-Israel Jew. (Nothing a liberal hates more than a pro-Israel Jew.)

But you should know that by going back a year to dig up old posts to argue with me, you are covering the same old ground. And making the same excuses. Lots of forgiveness and justification for every other country in the world - except Israel.

Anyway, I do not have the time nor inclination to relitigate every single post over the past year by which you want to rationalize your targeted condemnation of Israel.

Old 02-09-2020, 08:27 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,547,309 times
Quote:
What in the world are you DOING??? You quoted something I didn't recall saying, so I went back to it, and it was from March 2019, nearly a year ago. Are you going back page-by-page, nearly 200 of them, looking for posts in which you can argue points against Israel - and taking comments out of context? I'm sure you've come across some of the Hitler-like posts by bigtime anti-Semites. Skipping right past them to focus solely condemning Israel - and argue with the pro-Israel Jew. (Nothing a liberal hates more than a pro-Israel Jew.)

But you should know that by going back a year to dig up old posts to argue with me, you are covering the same old ground. And making the same excuses. Lots of forgiveness and justification for every other country in the world - except Israel.

Anyway, I do not have the time nor inclination to relitigate every single post over the past year by which you want to rationalize your targeted condemnation of Israel.
Then don't.

Old 02-09-2020, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Then don't.
I won't. Good night.

Old 02-09-2020, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Yes.....they are not holding other countries accountable for far worse. Where are all the protests on campus for the way Myanmar treats the Rohingya Muslims? Double standards.

And speakimg of Saudi, with all their horrific human rights violations, why does the UN pass resolution after resolution for human rights abuses against Israel, and barely a mention to S.A..? Double standards.
KSA is a **** hole. Are you saying Israel is also a **** hole?

Old 02-09-2020, 08:35 PM

Quote:
KSA is a **** hole. Are you saying Israel is also a **** hole?
WOW! Still digging up old posts, I see, even though I said I don't want to relitigate everything that was said a year ago and go over the same excuses and justifications for the lopsided targeted of Israel, and you refuse to let go. You just DESPISE Israel and any Jew who defends it and can't stop yourself. Now, I repeat: GOOD NIGHT.

Old 02-09-2020, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Of course you agree. Surprise, surprise...

I cringe every time I see what follows the moniker InformedConsent.

Some repeat "double standard, double standard, double standard" as if repetition is what makes a good argument. For others it's "anti-Semitism, anti-Semitism, anti-Semitism" as if that's all one need repeat to promote their one-sided views as well...

There is the more intelligent fair and balanced approach to consider, however, always, regardless the "noise" some insist upon to prevent adult conversation...

"History has been allowed - and even recent history has been allowed - to disappear into a swamp," she said. "And everyone is terrified of putting a foot wrong and being accused of being anti-Semitic that they daren't even ask the [necessary] questions."

As several critics of Israeli government policy find themselves accused of anti-Jewish racism, Baruch, the former Israeli ambassador to South Africa, said the debate needed to move past conflating these two notions.

"Even criticising Zionism as the inspirational movement that created Israel is not anti-Semitism," he said. "[The anti-Semitism charge] is just a ploy to pull down criticism of Israel."

https://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/fe...225136995.html
yup.

Old 02-09-2020, 08:43 PM

I'm sorry Travis resurrected this thread. Now we have the Israel and Jew-haters back en force, digging up year-old posts - the last one from an Arab anti-Israel media source.

I'll bow out now and let you Israel-haters have at it, but you'll have to try and find another Jew to mock and taunt. This one is over and out.

Old 02-09-2020, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supfromthesite View Post
Are you aware of the dozens and dozens of members of congress that have dual citizenship to Israel? It's no wonder why we give Israel free money and free weapons. They have infiltrated our congress! How would you feel if 80 something dual citizens of Iran or Syria were in our congress? Probably not very good, op?

And what about this Israel pac conspiracy?
https://www.aipac.org/
"America's Pro-Israel lobby"
It says it right there on the website for ****s sake!
She freaks out about Muslims in Congress. There ya go.

Old 02-09-2020, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Look at the totals. Other Arab countries FAR eclipse what Israel gets.

And, yes, many on the left are uninformed parrots because they DON'T look at the facts.
put together. As if that is an accurate comparison. And some of them, we are bribing for the sake of Israel.

Old 02-09-2020, 09:04 PM

8,108 posts, read 3,661,082 times
Quote:
You're a new one. Are you a liberal also? In any event, continued excuses for the double standards applied to Israel.
A lot of whining.

Several questions:

1. What is your proposed policy on illegal settlements?
2. What is your proposed policy on occupied territories? (Previously you indicated "winner takes all", lol. So, as I asked before, in your opinion, should Germany be part of Russia, or any of the other former soviet republics? After all the former Soviet Union defeated nazi Germany in WW2, after being attacked and suffering unimaginable losses.
3. What about the humongous amounts of aid given to a developed country courtesy to the US taxpayer?

I'll wait.

P.S. Btw, I do have more questions if you manage to answer the the ones above, lol. And before you try to label me, I have a lot of problems with the other side in this conflict as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies