Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2019, 11:30 PM

7,132 posts, read 4,736,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
WWI led to the Holcaust..or should I say the punishment of Germany after WW I led to the holocaust.

Germany was over punished...USA had a heavy hand in that...and she never recovered...actually oppressed the germen people so much they pretty much hated everyone after that.
Kinda like how our South , deep South, never has recovered from the loss in the civil war. Over punished and to this day hate everyone who isnt them.
Should have taught the survivors in the South how to work their own fields and work for a living themselves instead of just punishing them.
Wow, an apologist for the Nazis and the failed confederate rebellion all in one post. In Roman times the loser would become Roman slaves. Rebellion in Medieval England would lead to being drawn and quartered. Things have gotten a whole lot easier in the modern era. Don't engage in warfare unless you are prepared to pay a very high price if you lose is the lesson.

Old 03-04-2019, 12:30 AM

19,394 posts, read 6,447,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
You assume me to be liberal hence I will reply.

1) I dont criticize Israel because I dont have negativity towards Jews.
2) I dont criticize Jews because I dont have negativity towards Israel.

I only have a opinion that they have a lot of power in USA - from Treasury, Harvard, Hedge funds, NBA, NFL, Fed etc . I only consider them as a group of most successful American people, who come from a same religion.
Again, you say you don't have negativity toward Jews, but you DID say last week that "Jews are known for being uncharitable and ungenerous." That's not negativity? Case closed.

Old 03-04-2019, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
WWI led to the Holcaust..or should I say the punishment of Germany after WW I led to the holocaust.

Germany was over punished...USA had a heavy hand in that...and she never recovered...actually oppressed the germen people so much they pretty much hated everyone after that.
Kinda like how our South , deep South, never has recovered from the loss in the civil war. Over punished and to this day hate everyone who isnt them.
Should have taught the survivors in the South how to work their own fields and work for a living themselves instead of just punishing them.
Oh, we were too harsh on Germany, and THAT is what led to the Nazis? And NO.....they didn't hate everyone: Just the "sub-human defects," like homosexuals, mentally disabled, and....Jews.

(just when I thought I'd heard everything.....)

Old 03-04-2019, 12:42 AM

8,975 posts, read 10,132,184 times
I have no problem with Israel for the most part. Arab citizens that have problems with Israel can move to an Arab Muslim country in any direction. But, at the end of the day, they won’t, because they know Israel is a better country to live in than any of the alternatives. They want to have their cake and eat it too. Complaining about displacement in a part of the world that has seen nothing but displacement of cultures and peoples since the dawn of time.

Old 03-04-2019, 06:33 AM

5,462 posts, read 3,009,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Again, you say you don't have negativity toward Jews, but you DID say last week that "Jews are known for being uncharitable and ungenerous." That's not negativity? Case closed.
Having an opinion != racist || negativity

Also I said "They are known for business and finance but not particularly known for charity and generosity ". Its very different than "Ungenerous and uncharitable" .

Old 03-04-2019, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
Having an opinion != racist || negativity

Also I said "They are known for business and finance but not particularly known for charity and generosity ". Its very different than "Ungenerous and uncharitable" .
And you're wrong! Jews are very charitable and generous.

The fact that you think saying Jews are not known for charity and generosity is merely an innocuous opinion is unbelievable. How can you not get that? It would be the same as MY saying "blacks are not known for being hardworking or intelligent" - and then claiming that's merely my opinion, and not racist.

Old 03-04-2019, 08:26 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,470,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
I have no problem with Israel for the most part. Arab citizens that have problems with Israel can move to an Arab Muslim country in any direction. But, at the end of the day, they won’t, because they know Israel is a better country to live in than any of the alternatives. They want to have their cake and eat it too. Complaining about displacement in a part of the world that has seen nothing but displacement of cultures and peoples since the dawn of time.
No, they can't. Jordan for example will NOT accept any Palestinian immigrants

Old 03-04-2019, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
No, they can't. Jordan for example will NOT accept any Palestinian immigrants
So, any criticism of Jordan for that decision?

Old 03-04-2019, 08:49 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,470,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
So, any criticism of Jordan for that decision?
Yes. They aren't without blame. But I'm trying to point out that the Palestinians can't "just go to a neighboring country", as those countries won't accept them

Old 03-04-2019, 08:53 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,816,407 times
Great discussion on this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvwwCxQOVXk
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies