Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2019, 06:47 PM

23,739 posts, read 14,854,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Do you really believe that, or is your hostility toward Jews making you so venomous toward Israel? FYI, more than 20% of Isrsaeli citizens are Arabs, the vast majority of whom are Muslim. They get to worship right there at the Dome of the Rock in old Jerusalem and have their own quarters in the Old City.

OTOH, do the Muslim-majority hostile Arab countries (and Iran) have 20% Jewish citizens? Hardly. The Arabs stole the Jews' land and expelled them. But never a word about these awful countries. Only.....Israel, Israel, Israel, and now it's overflowing to nasty antisemitic tropes being defended by Democrats.
So, you are saying the racism in Israel is like Iran? who knew?

At the risk of whataboutism racism, my grandson is Jewish enough for Hitler.

I have no hostility toward jewish people. My mother was accepted into the congregation and faith during her wedding ceremony.

My hostility is due to the refusal of the Palestinians and jews to make some kind of truce. Each says the other is at fault. They will end up killing everyone's kids at this rate. Then what? When will this end? IMO, the jews are free to create whatever country they please, without killing off people like we did to the NA. And they can do it without USA tax dollars.

Old 03-10-2019, 07:41 PM
Status: "A solution in search of a problem" (set 14 days ago)

34,454 posts, read 16,551,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
Antipathy towards Israel is largely due to the US Jews and other globalists (often called Crypto-Jews, because while not themselves Jewish they act in the group interests of Jews and/or Israel), subverting American's interests to the interests of Israel, and trying to justify this crazy costly alliance with a pissant little nation with less people than LA County. It doesn't make any sense, because its completely a one-sided , ie parasitic, relationship. Israel does nothing for the US.

People are just tired of being exploited and milked, I think is what is at the heart of it. They see the government take their tax money, resources that should be spent only on Americans, and give it to foreigners all over the place, and its of course completely an unfair theft/diversion of resources.
The Jews have a disproportionately large share of Nobel prizes. Trust me, the Jews are not, net takers from humanity. We have strong families and believe in education, as well as other constructive values. As for what Israel contributes on a military basis, if you liked D-Day and the horrific losses you'd love the human and financial cost of roping down that part of the world. Far from being a pissant country, it is technologically the place of hi-tech start ups. What does Gaza, the West Bank, Libya, Algeria, KSA, Iran and Afghanistan contribute to the world besides perpetual warfare and terror?

Quote:
If you love Israel and support it so much, go live there instead. That's the other element - the resentment of this divided loyalty that some people seem to have. Instead of being loyal only to this nation.
Move to Hamas-controlled Gaza. Maybe there's a future for you in kite-bomb launching.

Quote:
Be an American or don't be here at all, is I think the sentiment that is prevalent. We don't need foreign persons or foreign influences in our nation. Dual nationals, shouldn't even exist. Shouldn't even be a thing and yet there are 40 of them, all Israelis, in Congress. What's that about?
Name one dual-national.

Old 03-10-2019, 08:21 PM

6,061 posts, read 1,986,278 times
This has come up with the controversy surrounding Rep. Ilhan Omar (D, MN) who has been accused of anti-Semitism. Her defenders argue that being anti-Israel is not anti-Semitism. That seems reasonable on its face, but when we consider the history, questions are raised.

Israel was created in 1948 (largely by President Harry Truman), in the wake of the Holocaust. The thinking was that a Jewish state was needed after the Holocaust. The Jews had been stateless since the death of Herod Agrippa (IIRC around 44 AD).

One could infer from this alone that, yes, to be anti-Israel is to be anti-Jewish. It is to dismiss the Holocaust. But it's a subtle point that should probably be restated whenever an accusation of anti-Semitism is made on the basis of someone being anti-Israel. Subtle or not, I do believe that it's absolutely true.

Old 03-10-2019, 08:57 PM

5,462 posts, read 3,005,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
The Jews have a disproportionately large share of Nobel prizes. Trust me, the Jews are not, net takers from humanity. We have strong families and believe in education, as well as other constructive values. As for what Israel contributes on a military basis, if you liked D-Day and the horrific losses you'd love the human and financial cost of roping down that part of the world. Far from being a pissant country, it is technologically the place of hi-tech start ups. What does Gaza, the West Bank, Libya, Algeria, KSA, Iran and Afghanistan contribute to the world besides perpetual warfare and terror?

Move to Hamas-controlled Gaza. Maybe there's a future for you in kite-bomb launching.

Name one dual-national.
Even if one name if brought forward are you going to agree anyway?

Old 03-10-2019, 09:04 PM

5,462 posts, read 3,005,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
how could there be 40 Israelis in Congress. Are you calling Jews "Israelis"? Am I an Israeli? Are the 4 million American citizens who are Jewish also Israelis in your mind?
No you are not an Israeli. You are an American internet warrior fighting on behalf of Israel

Old 03-10-2019, 09:12 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,824,322 times
I don't hate or love Israel -- really don't give too much thought to Israel.....but it seems that I'm a bad American (according to Republicans) if I don't pledge some allegiance to supporting Israel.

Old 03-10-2019, 11:09 PM

5,891 posts, read 3,196,320 times
Quote:

Name one dual-national.
All of your post is irrelevant except for the last part about the dual nationals.

What I saw indicated there are about 40 (all Israeli citizenships). That's wrong. Shouldn't be allowed.

Old 03-10-2019, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
No you are not an Israeli. You are an American internet warrior fighting on behalf of Israel
The real question is WHY is she agitating for a foreign nation? Why is her loyalty to a foreign nation? IS she an Israeli? Who knows. Nobody knows. That's the problem.

I don't get it. We don't run into other people agitating for OTHER pissant little countries in the middle of nowhere. How about Turks and Caicos? We MUST support them!

LOL.

The divided loyalties are right here on this board. Rachel being a good example.

Old 03-11-2019, 12:48 AM
Status: "A solution in search of a problem" (set 14 days ago)

34,454 posts, read 16,551,453 times
Quote:
What I saw indicated there are about 40 (all Israeli citizenships). That's wrong. Shouldn't be allowed.
Jews are not automatically Israeli citizens. How can you be so right on the climate change fraud and so wrong here?

Old 03-11-2019, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Jews are not automatically Israeli citizens. How can you be so right on the climate change fraud and so wrong here?
Never claimed they were automatically Israeli citizens. Again, the report I saw said there were 40 dual nationals in Congress (all Israeli). Doesn't make any claims that all Jews are Israelis. Are you referring to or confusing this with the so-called "Right of return"? I'm referring to actual dual citizenship. Which again, SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED. No matter WHAT other citizenship it is. I would have exactly the same objection.

No man can serve two masters.

EDIT: Here's another thing I just found while searching. This claims even more. https://www.quora.com/Does-anyone-in...al-citizenship The problem is that its hard to separate rumor from fact with this kinds of stuff. One of these posts is talking about someone being a dual citizen with Canada and another with Cuba and another with Panama (but that would be McCain who is no longer in Congress), so I've now seen several different versions of this all with different people listed as being dual nationals.

Point being, the Israeli one being the most certainly would explain a lot about why Congress is diverting American resources to this foreign nation so disproportionately.

But....the biggest question, is how can we ever know for sure? They wouldn't want something like this being easily accessible or verifiable information, so surely its suppressed by both our own government and the foreign beneficiaries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies