Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2019, 08:22 AM

2,828 posts, read 824,492 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
I got to admit that since tRump became president, I stopped watching most news, cause I can't stand hearing from him or Sarah Sanders, so maybe I've missed some stuff in the last two years. I was quite well versed on events prior to 2017
And there lies the problem, shutting your self of from both sides of the story. This will make you unable to formulate an opinion based on your judgment of both sides of the story.

Old 02-25-2019, 08:25 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,602,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
(I also put the following is an unrelated thread, actually its own thread, Outrage Over Israel Ignores Much Worse Outrages Against Other Muslims).....

College campuses are rife with organizations such as National Students for Justice in Palestine, author of the movement for Boycott Divestment and Sanctions. The mass media, with alarming regularity publishes serious criticisms of Israel. The European Union, the successor to countries where six million Jews went up smokestacks has a partial boycott of Israel. All of it stems, allegedly, from the "Occupied Territories." When pressed these people will concede that they consider pre-1967 War Israel to be "occupied" as well. What exactly is Israel's crime; retaliating for deadly knifings, car rammings and other suicide attacks.

Travel 3/4 of the way east on the Asia continent to Myanmar, formerly Burma. The Rohingyas (link) are the subject of repeated massacres and rapes at the hand of the Buddhist population. Has anyone heard of this? UN Watch (link) has but nothing mainstream. Where are the campus demonstrations against Myanmar's atrocities? The Rohingyas are ever bit as Muslim as the Palestinians, perhaps more so.

Could the selective outrage in the West be anti-Judaism in new bottles? I think so.
College students have formed opposing groups on all subjects and causes, yet you're only concerned about some?

Now it's you who is showing selective outrage.

Old 02-25-2019, 08:30 AM

2,528 posts, read 1,656,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Palestinians have been herded into the West Bank, Gaza Strip and Golan Heights the same way that we herded Native Americans onto reservations; BUT, at least we aren't building settlements on the Indian Reservations, so I'd say we have the moral high ground on that one
Palestinians were herded in to the Golan Heights? Are you serious? So you actually don't have any clue about the conflict.

Americans don't have any high ground in this matter. They killed most of the native population, actually 90% of it.
Israel is not building settlements in the middle of Arab villages or cities in Judea. Also, Palestinians lived in that area, and most of them before 1948, most of them were not herded to there.

Old 02-25-2019, 08:34 AM

35,045 posts, read 16,987,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Why expect any more logic and consistency from campus groups than we see from US foreign policy? After all, while we consider military intervention in Venezuela because of a tyrannical leader, the POTUS is preparing to fly to Hanoi to negotiate with another tyrannical leader and is apparently considering the sale of nuclear material to the other tyrants in Saudi Arabia.
The campus groups support tyrants that are enemies. The U.S. supports our friends, whether insurgents or leaders. Or alternatively strikes deals where needed.

Old 02-25-2019, 08:40 AM

51,649 posts, read 25,803,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgh guy View Post
When was the last time a terrorist act was committed against the U.S. by an Israeli?
When was the last time a terrorist act was committed against the US because of our support of Israel?

We spend a boatload of money supporting Israel and for what?

Is it in our nation's interest to keep doing so?

Still don't hate Jews. Have several relatives who are Jews. Even they question what Israel is doing.

Old 02-25-2019, 08:42 AM

5,298 posts, read 6,176,126 times
I would caution those who label prominent people "anti-Semites" that the accusations could backfire on them. Case in point is Jeremy Corbin, the British Labor Party leader. Corbin doesn't have a hateful bone in his body but the accusations are increasing. IMO Corbin sees Netanyahu as a quasi fascist especially after he ordered Jewish snipers to gun down Palestinians who got too close to the Gaza fence. I believe that 155 were murdered in that incident.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-45030552

Old 02-25-2019, 08:42 AM

51,649 posts, read 25,803,785 times
Quote:
The campus groups support tyrants that are enemies. The U.S. supports our friends, whether insurgents or leaders. Or alternatively strikes deals where needed.
That's a stretch. We sell out the Kurds on a regular basis.

From what I can tell, over the last two years we've turned our backs on and run down all sorts of national allies.

Old 02-25-2019, 08:51 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:

Or whether murderers like the Saudis

I don't see our government having very high moral ground to speak from. Or would you have us believe someone like Pinochet wasn't a tyrant? The type you claim campus groups support? I don't see the point in harping on groups that wield no power when we'll hop in bed with scum like the Saudis when it suits our agenda.

Old 02-25-2019, 09:28 AM

31,025 posts, read 22,059,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Seems to me far right white nationalists tend to be the most anti- Semite.

Yes, this is where Neo-Nazis, White and Black Nationalist, Islamist and the Nation of Islam, come together and sing in unison about their hatred for Jewish people and obviously not just Israel.

Farrakan and Obama
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nafhanRZ4lc

Farrakhan and Ilhan Omar
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9TEhb4HJ6Q

David Duke
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrnfplmjMOs

Last edited by LS Jaun; 02-25-2019 at 10:02 AM..

Old 02-25-2019, 09:47 AM

23,972 posts, read 15,072,142 times
The USA government wouldn't give damn about Jews and Israel were it not for those Americans who take the Bible as the inerrant word of G-d.

The Jews must all be in their homeland for the return of Christ and the millennium.

IMO, if the world was suffering guilt after what the Germans did, the could have given Germany to the Jews.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies