Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2019, 06:23 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,224,848 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Your list is a lie, and it's been proven so. You can't even cite the source of it because it's anonymous. It's a lie, so just drop it already.

You've obviously never traveled abroad, as there are tons of Americans living all over the world who would tell you otherwise. In most nations you need only to show you can support yourself.

Your arguments are thin. I get the feeling that you just don't like Jews in Congress.
The list hasn't been prove to be a lie or to be true (verified)...and I stated that prior to your post...did you read that comment? The list doesn't have a source, but it should be easy to verify if our representatives have another citizenship and the fact is, its not and they conceal this information and that's wrong.

And FYI, I HAVE traveled all over the world, including to Israel and other parts of the ME and Africa, and have been on five continents (if you include Australia as the fifth one) sometimes flying 50-100K/year.

I don't object to proportional representation, I suppose. Not that I believe in the leftist idea that only a person with quality "x" is able to adequately represent people who also have quality "x", that's daft. But when I see representation that is so disproportionate that is also coupled with an otherwise inexplicable support for an entangling alliance that does not benefit American citizens, then yah, its a problem. I don't have a problem with anyone in Congress as long as they can be good citizens, honor defend and obey the Constitution without any compromise, and have as their ONLY objective and agenda that duty and the representation of our own citizens, and NOT any agenda or objective to benefit foreign nationals or other nations.

Because that is not what Congress is for. Its for Americans, ONLY. Period.

And if someone cannot be American first, and everything else after and subordinate to that, then they have no business being in Congress. Go do something else. But don't try to represent us and this nation if you can't place being American and representing Americans at the very top of your identity and value hierarchy. Its a sacred responsibility, and a privilege, and its totally voluntary - you don't HAVE to do it. You ASKED for the position, and thus you should accept the "deal" which is the above.

If indulging your other identities and values is so important to you that you can't place America and Americans above everything else, then just don't be a representative, its that simple!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I would like you to find a mainstream source for that. I read Quora and indeed post there. It's a thinking-man's Wikipedia. That article looks like a pile of steaming rot. And defamatory. Without any grounds whatsoever it accuses Jewish members of Congress of being foreign nationals.
A source for the list that was referred to? I don't know of any MSM sources for it. The list does not "accuse" anyone of anything really, since having dual citizenship is not a crime. It just shouldn't be allowed.

This article sums up the concerns fairly well: https://www.foreignpolicyjournal.com...-need-to-know/

Old 03-12-2019, 06:27 PM

31,033 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
You just called my entire shul - even the politically conservative members - self hating.

Mazel tov.
Here's your guys discussing how to improve Jewish Muslim relationships, Mazel tov

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nafhanRZ4lc

Here's the guy Obama secretly meets with and half the Black caucus openly meets with along with Tamika Mallory and many other Anti White Anti Jewish leaders.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quMHNp8QwzI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5l9n9HSNyI

Last edited by LS Jaun; 03-12-2019 at 07:00 PM..

Old 03-12-2019, 06:39 PM

714 posts, read 356,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theflipflop View Post
My assumption is you are not a Jew, or a self-hating one at best.

I assure you from the viewpoint of a Jew, he’s one of the most dangerous anti-Jewish people alive today. For peet’s sake, he gave $150 billion to Iran to fund worldwide terrorism for the next decade (most of which has gone and will go to Hamas and Hezzbollah in order to kill Jews).

And again, as a non Jew, I doubt you can see how he legitimized hatred of Jews with his abstention on the final UN vote of his presidency, thereby declaring Jerusalem an occupied city. I used to think Jimmy Carter and Roger Waters (both liberals) were the worlds biggest anti semites, but their hateful and damaging actions pale in comparison to Obama.

I TOTALLY agree with you about Obama. That train wreck of a president liked to be called "transformative". Well, he certainly was. He empowered and enriched the crazy Iranian regime. He gave that regime a path to the bomb. We're still dealing with the consequences of his amorous relationship with the mullahs, and we will be for a long time.
He was pals with such upstanding Jew lovers as Wright and Farrakhan. And of course he and his henchman Kerry gave Israel one final kick on their way out the door.

The radical leftists who dominate the Dem party today, and who are normalizing anti-Semitism, are a direct result of Bam's "transformative" presidency. Shame on him. And shame on any Jew who voted for him.

Old 03-12-2019, 06:45 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,224,848 times
I think what this thread should make everyone consider or reflect on is why they, or the people that they support or endorse, have a problem being American first, and American only.

And they should think about that in the context of why should American citizens tolerate "representatives" who can't do that?

Just be a good citizen (which means doing the above). If you can't do that, then you should leave. Go somewhere else where you CAN be a good citizen.

I think what this is really about to MOST Americans, not Muslims, or Jews, who seem to have a variety of chips on their shoulders about their religion, which the rest of us don't care about very much, and certainly not enough to cause us to get embroiled in ME affairs, is good citizenship.

What is standing in the way of good citizenship? If its your religion, then GTFO! Yes, we acknowledge religious freedom in this country, but it is not and cannot be an excuse for bad behavior and poor citizenship!

Old 03-12-2019, 06:52 PM

1,105 posts, read 2,304,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Here's an analogy:

You're babysitting for five kids, three white and two black. All five go careening into your favorite vase, with one of the white kids smashing into it first. You grab the black kids, and start berating them for being so careless. When they ask why you aren't yelling at the whites, you tell them....." I'm focused on YOU. You were careless!" (And then, you organize a movement to warn people that black kids have no respect for private possessions and they break things - and action should be taken to teach them a lesson.)

Why would you single out the black kids and never say a word about the whites?
Uh? That sounds a little off base.

Old 03-12-2019, 07:13 PM

4,729 posts, read 4,363,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
You just called my entire shul - even the politically conservative members - self hating.

Mazel tov.
So you support America giving $150 billion to fund Hamas and Hezbollah rockets to maim and kill your fellow Jews? No way you can be Jewish and support the man who made that possible. Once again you disappoint me.

Old 03-12-2019, 07:18 PM

13,211 posts, read 21,827,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
The list hasn't been prove to be a lie or to be true (verified)...and I stated that prior to your post...did you read that comment? The list doesn't have a source, but it should be easy to verify if our representatives have another citizenship and the fact is, its not and they conceal this information and that's wrong.

And FYI, I HAVE traveled all over the world, including to Israel and other parts of the ME and Africa, and have been on five continents (if you include Australia as the fifth one) sometimes flying 50-100K/year.

I don't object to proportional representation, I suppose. Not that I believe in the leftist idea that only a person with quality "x" is able to adequately represent people who also have quality "x", that's daft. But when I see representation that is so disproportionate that is also coupled with an otherwise inexplicable support for an entangling alliance that does not benefit American citizens, then yah, its a problem. I don't have a problem with anyone in Congress as long as they can be good citizens, honor defend and obey the Constitution without any compromise, and have as their ONLY objective and agenda that duty and the representation of our own citizens, and NOT any agenda or objective to benefit foreign nationals or other nations.

Because that is not what Congress is for. Its for Americans, ONLY. Period.

And if someone cannot be American first, and everything else after and subordinate to that, then they have no business being in Congress. Go do something else. But don't try to represent us and this nation if you can't place being American and representing Americans at the very top of your identity and value hierarchy. Its a sacred responsibility, and a privilege, and its totally voluntary - you don't HAVE to do it. You ASKED for the position, and thus you should accept the "deal" which is the above.

If indulging your other identities and values is so important to you that you can't place America and Americans above everything else, then just don't be a representative, its that simple!

A source for the list that was referred to? I don't know of any MSM sources for it. The list does not "accuse" anyone of anything really, since having dual citizenship is not a crime. It just shouldn't be allowed.

This article sums up the concerns fairly well: https://www.foreignpolicyjournal.com...-need-to-know/
Good grief. Are you still defending your stupid list of which you can't identify the source or veracity? You have not proven a single name on the list is a dual citizen. On the other hand, I did prove the list contains at least one lie, the only one that could be verified: Bernie Sanders. I posted the link to a story about the NPR person who called Sanders a dual-citizen and then after looking into the matter decided that the list was a HOAX and was glad to participate in debunking it. Did you read it?

So stop lying about that garbage list.

Likewise, your reference to an article in "foreignpolicyjournal.com", is junk. Just a cursory check of the contributors to that site show a cesspool of antisemites, Palestinians, and other people with anti-Jewish agenda. Aside from that, even THEY don't claim any specific person in Congress is a dual-citizen.

Again, there is not a single verifiable dual-citizen in Congress. And your proclamation that one "can't prove their not a dual citizen", is trying to prove a negative, and is an idiotic argument. You and your ilk are trying to portray Jews in congress as dual-citizens just because they're Jewish.

The rest of your wall of gibberish is a strawman based on a lie.

Last edited by kdog; 03-12-2019 at 07:27 PM..

Old 03-12-2019, 07:19 PM

4,729 posts, read 4,363,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
I think what this thread should make everyone consider or reflect on is why they, or the people that they support or endorse, have a problem being American first, and American only.

And they should think about that in the context of why should American citizens tolerate "representatives" who can't do that?

Just be a good citizen (which means doing the above). If you can't do that, then you should leave. Go somewhere else where you CAN be a good citizen.

I think what this is really about to MOST Americans, not Muslims, or Jews, who seem to have a variety of chips on their shoulders about their religion, which the rest of us don't care about very much, and certainly not enough to cause us to get embroiled in ME affairs, is good citizenship.

What is standing in the way of good citizenship? If its your religion, then GTFO! Yes, we acknowledge religious freedom in this country, but it is not and cannot be an excuse for bad behavior and poor citizenship!
Whether I’m an American Jew or a Jewish American, i have nothing but gratitude for the wonderful way this country has historically treated its Jews. I deeply love America and unless the country or its president (Obama) is literally trying to kill me and my fellow Jews, that love for America will never be anything lesss than 100%. Every religious Jew I know feels the same as me. This is an exceptional country that allows me to be 100% Torah Observant and still have that not conflict with also being a proud American.

Old 03-12-2019, 07:40 PM

31,033 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theflipflop View Post
So you support America giving $150 billion to fund Hamas and Hezbollah rockets to maim and kill your fellow Jews? No way you can be Jewish and support the man who made that possible. Once again you disappoint me.
I'm sure it's not a case of self hatred. I would give them the benefit of the doubt, and call it disbelief, and say they can't believe that some Democrat party leadership could be heading in the direction of Antisemitism. After all they have been declaring themselves the party of the people, all people. When it was found out that Obama was secretly meeting will the biggest black Anti-Semite in the country, Farrakhan, combined with half the Black caucus meeting him, it's kind of hard to deny the direction the party is heading in.

Old 03-12-2019, 07:59 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,086,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
I'm sure it's not a case of self hatred. I would give them the benefit of the doubt, and call it disbelief, and say they can't believe that some Democrat party leadership could be heading in the direction of Antisemitism. After all they have been declaring themselves the party of the people, all people. When it was found out that Obama was secretly meeting will the biggest black Anti-Semite in the country, Farrakhan, combined with half the Black caucus meeting him, it's kind of hard to deny the direction the party is heading in.
so go ahead support the other party led by someone who idolize Hitler and Putin and lie about the other parties leaders who never said or did anything anti semantic while the leader of your preferred party said there were" fine people"in a crowd of marchers that shouted"jews will not replace us"yes his daughter married into a Jewish family led by a person that was a white collar criminal

surely you can look for much better people to praise and admire and stop de filing those like the dem presidents who did honor everyone !

I have encountered anti semites in their ugliest forms

your examples do not come close and do not ring true
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies