Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2019, 10:00 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,013,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
It still is. Did you see that parade float in Belgium last week?

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/08/w...-semitism.html
People should be able to take some ribbing.

Homer Simpson makes fun of middle class white guys. Does that offend me? No.

That doesn't even touch on Ned Flanders.

Old 03-13-2019, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theflipflop View Post
Since this thread is creepy crawling with anti semites, tell me: do you hate Muslims too? Or do you save your vitriol just for the dirty joos?
They are probably even worse at not being able to take being made fun of.

Old 03-13-2019, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
What Netanyahu said to Gadot was more than a comment. He was pretty much repeating the content of the new Nation State Law passed last year. And, yes, some Israelis are criticizing both that law and Netanyahu.
Which again, my point. You can criticize and not be "anti".

Old 03-13-2019, 11:40 PM

13,167 posts, read 21,747,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
Not because of their religion. Because they don't have the same incentives as regular Americans, and that's a problem.
Jews ARE regular Americans.

Quote:
Remember religion is something you voluntarily subscribe to. What I'm referring to is a group of people unlike all others in regards to having options that certainly have the potential to affect their decision making, loyalties, and behavior as legislators, that other Americans mostly do not have, and that this creates a problem.
Americans can emigrate to almost anywhere. Jews have one more option, that's it.

Quote:
This one aspect of the issue could be solved by requiring all legislators to forfeit any rights to foreign citizenship. It wouldn't cure the entire issue presented by Zionism which would remain just as prominent a problem as it is today.
So in other words, you have no solution for your stupid strawman. Why does that not surprise me.

Quote:
If you need Plan B go live in Plan B. Don't do it here. We don't need that here, and its a risk. It is not what Congress was supposed to be. Congress is for Americans who are "all in" on America...if you're not "all in" you shouldn't be here, let alone representing people who ARE all in.
Jews are Americans, period. To say otherwise is antisemitism.

Quote:
Its not about religion really, its about behaviors...culture. Never forget that religion is just some beliefs that you VOLUNTARILY decide to have. Its a belief like any other, it deserves no special protection from criticism, censure, or any other negative reaction to negative behavior.
Ok, so you don't hate Jews for their religion, you hate them for their "behavior". Whatever floats your antisemitic boat.

Old 03-14-2019, 12:05 AM

5,888 posts, read 3,207,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Jews ARE regular Americans.

Americans can emigrate to almost anywhere. Jews have one more option, that's it.

So in other words, you have no solution for your stupid strawman. Why does that not surprise me.

Jews are Americans, period. To say otherwise is antisemitism.

Ok, so you don't hate Jews for their religion, you hate them for their "behavior". Whatever floats your antisemitic boat.
Americans cannot emigrate anywhere. They have no pre-approved entry/admission to any foreign nation.

That's the difference.

If you want to represent, give up your privileges to the escape hatch. Either be at risk like everyone else, or don't take the job. The job is for people who represent the average citizen. Average citizen is stuck here, can't just leave when it doesn't work out here.

If its not affecting the behavior of a legislator then it should be no problem to accept this simple constraint, which merely puts a member of Congress or govt employee on the same level as the people who pay their salary. It "aligns interests".

Right now, that alignment doesn't exist. If you and I are both in a leaky boat but only you have the right to get on a rescue boat, are you really gonna bail as hard as I am? No, you aren't...and why should you? We aren't facing the same peril.

Old 03-14-2019, 05:21 AM

858 posts, read 421,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
People should be able to take some ribbing.

Homer Simpson makes fun of middle class white guys. Does that offend me? No.

That doesn't even touch on Ned Flanders.

Middle Class white guys isn't an ethnicity. Jews can be "Middle Class white guys" as well.

Old 03-14-2019, 05:28 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,467,453 times
Quote:

If you need Plan B go live in Plan B. Don't do it here. We don't need that here, and its a risk. It is not what Congress was supposed to be. Congress is for Americans who are "all in" on America...if you're not "all in" you shouldn't be here, let alone representing people who ARE all in.

First, stop saying that Jews aren't "regular Americans." We have contributed greatly to this country, even though antisemites won't admit it.

Second, my choice is to live in THIS country. But Israel was established in the wake of the Holocaust, as decent people realized that Jews DO need an escape hatch in case antisemites are able to convince people that Jews in their country aren't "regular" citizens and are harming the country. (IOW, more people making your disgusting claims.)

And I am ALL in for America. Shame on you for saying otherwise.

Old 03-14-2019, 05:33 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,122,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
(I put the following is an unrelated thread, but it's really worthy if its own thread).....

The anti-Semitism on the left is spreading. And for those anti-Isrseli leftists who keep insisting that being against Israel does not have Antisemitisim at its root, let me ask you the following:

Why are leftists choosing to denigrate Israel, protesting with the anti-Israel BDS movement, when we barely hear a peep against against countries that are truly brutalizing Muslims? What about the Buddhist country of Mynamer (sp?), and what they've done do the 1 million Rochingya Muslims in that country? The Buddhists won't even allow Muslims to be citizen there (while Israel has Muslims in elected leadership positions)! And what about Syria and its treatment? What about the Kurds? I could go on and on.

WHY is the condemnation focused solely on the Jewish country? Why are leftists so willing - and even eager - to condemn Jews, yet there's not a word about other countries doing far worse?

Here's an article showing the tie between the hard left and Nazism:

Why Such a Surge of Worldwide Anti-Semitism, by Alan Dershowitz — Dr. Naomi on Israel
This anti Jewish by the left is a new one to me, no liberal/Democrat i know has any problems with the Jewish community. Where did this bs come from?

Old 03-14-2019, 05:35 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,467,453 times
Quote:
Americans cannot emigrate anywhere. They have no pre-approved entry/admission to any foreign nation.

That's the difference.

If you want to represent, give up your privileges to the escape hatch. Either be at risk like everyone else, or don't take the job. The job is for people who represent the average citizen. Average citizen is stuck here, can't just leave when it doesn't work out here.

If its not affecting the behavior of a legislator then it should be no problem to accept this simple constraint, which merely puts a member of Congress or govt employee on the same level as the people who pay their salary. It "aligns interests".

Right now, that alignment doesn't exist. If you and I are both in a leaky boat but only you have the right to get on a rescue boat, are you really gonna bail as hard as I am? No, you aren't...and why should you? We aren't facing the same peril.
Except you aren't at the same risk of being in a leaky boat as I am.

If history showed that 1/2 of all white males with your eye and hair colorof your height were murdered because people scapegoated them - and we still had people claiming "white makes with your eye and hair color" aren't regular Americans and are hurting our country - I'd be for an escape hatch for you too.

Your argument loses when you ignore the Holocaust and the reason for the escape hatch.

Old 03-14-2019, 05:54 AM

18,484 posts, read 18,623,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
They are probably even worse at not being able to take being made fun of.
My god what an attitude... Ive never heard so much tosh in my life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies