Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2019, 05:23 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Nope.

Proof that CO2 does not drive climate is to be found during the Ordovician-Silurian and the Jurassic-Cretaceous periods (approx 450 and 150 million years ago, respectively) when CO2 levels were greater than 4,000 ppm and about 2,000 ppm, respectively. If the IPCC AGW/ACC theory is correct, there should have been runaway greenhouse induced global warming during those periods but instead there was glaciation.

Current CO2 level is slightly more than 400 ppm. Compare at will.

You're making a fool of yourself. /SMH
Again answered in the videos. But I see you ignored my points completely. You told me to look at the graph you posted. Now that I did that and commented on it an told you what the actual scientist said you just jump-off into another misunderstanding you have. That's ok you can wallow in whatever nonsense you like. Again your own sources for the graph disagree with you and Cailon et al said again:

'This sequence of events is still in full agreement with the idea that Co2 plays, through its greenhouse effect, a key role in amplifying the initial orbital forcing. First, the 800 year lag time is short in comparison with the total duration of the tempt. and Co2 increases. Second, the Co2 increases clearly precede the Northern Hemisphere degalciation.'

Last edited by 2K5Gx2km; 03-06-2019 at 05:33 PM..

Old 03-06-2019, 05:29 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Nope.

Proof that CO2 does not drive climate is to be found during the Ordovician-Silurian and the Jurassic-Cretaceous periods (approx 450 and 150 million years ago, respectively) when CO2 levels were greater than 4,000 ppm and about 2,000 ppm, respectively. If the IPCC AGW/ACC theory is correct, there should have been runaway greenhouse induced global warming during those periods but instead there was glaciation.

Current CO2 level is slightly more than 400 ppm. Compare at will.

You're making a fool of yourself. /SMH
Again, see 3:40 in the video: Try to answer the question in the video - Why was it much hotter than today, 22C+, on either side of this brief ice age even though solar output was 4% less than today if CO2 is not a main factor?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBF6F4Bi6Sg&t=470s

Last edited by 2K5Gx2km; 03-06-2019 at 06:10 PM..

Old 03-06-2019, 05:29 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,262,177 times
Quote:
Since the predicted "global warming" never happened (the models were wrong, of course... GIGO), the AGW religious zealots changed it to ACC (Anthropogenic Climate Change), but they're only fooling the stupid.
The only one who sounds stupid here is a person who makes claims that are not accurate.

I would not be rolling my eyes at anyone when you make stupid claims as you just did.

Old 03-06-2019, 05:37 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Since the predicted "global warming" never happened (the models were wrong, of course... GIGO), the AGW religious zealots changed it to ACC (Anthropogenic Climate Change), but they're only fooling the stupid.
Yeah sure, that's why in 1955 there was a paper called 'The CO2 Theory of Climatic Change'

Old 03-06-2019, 05:48 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,262,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
That's because you cannot explain it.
Really? I call more BS. What exactly are you accusing me of not being able to explain?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Um, it merely mentions the Mid-Pleistocene in passing, but does not explain what caused it.
You claimed that scientist don't know what caused the Mid-Pleistocene?

Data suggest that the likely cause of mid-Pliocene warmth was a combination of several factors, including increased heat transport from equatorial regions to the poles and increased greenhouse gases.

Source: Getting Warmer? Prehistoric Climate Can Help Forecast Future Changes

Really they just don't have a clue do they?

What Caused the Middle Pliocene Warming?

I know deniers like to cherry pick. How about ALL the other lines of evidence we have?
  • Surface weather station measurements
  • Satellite measurements show that the troposphere is warming
  • The stratosphere is cooling as predicted by anthropogenic global warming theory (this cannot be explained by solar variability)
  • Temperatures at the ocean surface and at various ocean depths show warming as far down as 1500 meters
  • Sea level rise
  • Gravitometric measurements of Greenland and Antarctica show net ice loss
  • Sea-ice loss in the Arctic is dramatically accelerating
  • Acceleration of glaciers in Greenland and Antarctica, particularly within the last few years.
  • The rise of the tropopause
  • Poleward migration of species
  • Increased intensity of hurricanes as expected from rising sea surface temperatures
  • Accelerating decline of glaciers throughout the world
  • Rise in temperatures at greater depths in the permafrost
  • Rapid expansion of thermokarst lakes throughout parts of Siberia, Canada and Alaska
  • Changes in ocean circulation as predicted by climate models, for example, with temperatures rising more quickly overland
  • Disintegration of permafrost coastlines in the arctic
  • Changes in the altitude of the stratosphere
  • An energy imbalance - the earth is receiving more energy than it emits (Hansen 2005)
  • movement of the jet streams (Archer 2008, Seidel 2007, Fu 2006)
  • Widening of the tropical belt (Seidel 2007, Fu 2006)

Direct observations find that CO2 is rising sharply due to human activity. Satellite and surface measurements find less energy is escaping to space at CO2 absorption wavelengths. Ocean and surface temperature measurements find the planet continues to accumulate heat. This gives a line of empirical evidence that human CO2 emissions are causing global warming.

Cherry pick away! LOL

Last edited by Matadora; 03-06-2019 at 05:57 PM..

Old 03-06-2019, 06:09 PM

4,445 posts, read 1,450,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
If nothing is done to slow down CO2 emissions climate change will make you much poorer, with a lower standard of living and quality of life. The inevitable food shortages, coastal flooding, inland flooding, killer heat waves, etc. will eventually convince the climate deniers one by one.
Best laugh of the night. Thank you.

Old 03-06-2019, 06:37 PM

33,544 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
Best laugh of the night. Thank you.
Are you familiar with this saying?

"He who laughs last laughs best".....Time alone will prove deniers wrong. Too bad I likely won't be here to see it.

Old 03-06-2019, 06:40 PM

3,909 posts, read 2,122,988 times
Being conservative means living between your means and being good stewards to Earth for future generations. What do I know. It's a antonym world we live in where conservative means something else now.

Old 03-06-2019, 06:52 PM

4,445 posts, read 1,450,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post

"He who laughs last laughs best".....Time alone will prove deniers wrong. Too bad I likely won't be here to see it.

There's a sucker born every minute.

The earth has been here for billions of years, but now you want people to believe it only has twelve years left. Please. You're a rube.

Old 03-06-2019, 06:56 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post

There's a sucker born every minute.

The earth has been here for billions of years, but now you want people to believe it only has twelve years left. Please. You're a rube.
No, where was anyone trying any such thing on here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies