Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2019, 07:13 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by claymoore View Post
If any of you are still confused, here it is in a nutshell:
I don't think that nutshell was quite what you think it was. Here is a list of state laws for infanticide or fetal homicide. http://www.ncsl.org/research/health/...tate-laws.aspx

The Senate bill was just political nonsense, a lame effort by a dying Republican party to make themselves look relevant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2019, 09:16 PM

3,179 posts, read 2,130,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Gosnell was a criminal who was prosecuted. There is no mention of the health of the mother or any defects---so you have no knowledge of why Gianna Jessen's mother chose abortion. NO KNOWLEDGE. You have NO KNOWLEDGE.

I'm sorry for you that your world is filled with women who are monsters. It must really screw up your relationships that you believe that all these women are monsters.
Oh brother, another poster putting words in my mouth! I never said any such thing or even thought it. My reason for being on this thread is because of concerns that infanticide is in the future. I have friends who have had abortions and don’t judge them, it’s between them and God.

I only brought up Gianna Jensen because until this week, I had no idea there were any abortion survivors. Other posters might be interested in her story as I was.

Old 02-28-2019, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
So you are saying that women who carry their baby for months have to be threatened with punishment to keep them from killing their baby? Maybe all women should have their children seized by Children's Protective Services lest they might kill their infant or cause it some harm. Then the state can raise them and keep their mothers from murdering them. The only reason to impose any laws restricting abortion are because some people believe that we can't trust women to do the right thing. I haven't followed your posts so I don't know what gender you are, but if you are a woman you really should think long and hard about what you are saying about yourself and all other women. And if you are a man you should talk to your wife, mother or sister and find out from a woman's point of view whether or not they need to be restrained from killing their babies.
Stop putting words in my mouth. The entire buzz on the internet about this issue is mostly because of Coumo and the New York law and then Northam jumping in with his two cents. You are leaping ahead to all kinds of craziness like Child Protective services and the state raising them, to women having to be restrained from killing their babies, WTH? I’m not opposed to early abortions, they are legal and from what I’ve read, 70% of Americans are ok with this law. When Northam started talking about making the baby comfortable before deciding what to do, a lot of people got upset.

The laws are set as far as early abortions, it just seems as though it’s on a slippery slope. I read the testimony of two former OBGYN’s in Congress and they were upset with the way things are headed.

Read Claymores material, it’s informative.

Old 02-28-2019, 09:46 PM

Quote:
CDC data proves babies still being born alive during abortions

http://www.liveaction.org/news/babie...ions-continue/

Currently, there are 19 states which afford no protections to abortion survivors

http://www.liveaction.org/news/repor...ive-abortions/
Thanks for sharing this information, it’s informative. I wish someone would explain why the Trade Center was lit up in pink. I must be the only person on this thread who finds that strange.

Old 02-28-2019, 10:08 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz22 View Post
Stop putting words in my mouth. The entire buzz on the internet about this issue is mostly because of Coumo and the New York law and then Northam jumping in with his two cents. You are leaping ahead to all kinds of craziness like Child Protective services and the state raising them, to women having to be restrained from killing their babies, WTH? I’m not opposed to early abortions, they are legal and from what I’ve read, 70% of Americans are ok with this law. When Northam started talking about making the baby comfortable before deciding what to do, a lot of people got upset.

The laws are set as far as early abortions, it just seems as though it’s on a slippery slope. I read the testimony of two former OBGYN’s in Congress and they were upset with the way things are headed.

Read Claymores material, it’s informative.
I read Claymore's material and commented on it. But as far as me putting words in your mouth? This is what you said, remember?

Quote:
I’m not opposed to terminating a late term pregnancy when the child or the mother is in a dire condition and there really is no other choice, but it seems as though this law in New York is broadening the path to infanticide.

Old 03-01-2019, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I read Claymore's material and commented on it. But as far as me putting words in your mouth? This is what you said, remember?
I’m really not following you. First, you attack me for putting up the link to Gianna Jenson so I could share with others, then you accuse me of ‘thinking’ that all women are monsters who have an abortion. I don’t judge them. Maybe you should have asked me what I thought, before jumping in and accusing me.

One example of who I think are monsters in my world are the Antifa crowd, women who harass and attack others without reason. I’ve seen video and they are really beyond obnoxious.

Anyway, back to the subject. You throw a quote at me where I said the path to infanticide is broadening. So? You go ahead and explain why people stood and applauded on the issue of later term abortion. The wording has been changed to broaden the scope of women’s health, as mentioned in this article. The article also shows where former pro abortion activists are concerned because of the 24 weeks. Now a woman can wait until birth.
https://www.dailywire.com/news/42616...-james-barrett

If you don’t like this article, there is video and articles all over the Internet. It is troubling where we seem to be headed as a society.

Last edited by Taz22; 03-01-2019 at 07:27 AM..

Old 03-01-2019, 07:39 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Oh brother, another poster putting words in my mouth! I never said any such thing or even thought it. My reason for being on this thread is because of concerns that infanticide is in the future. I have friends who have had abortions and don’t judge them, it’s between them and God.

I only brought up Gianna Jensen because until this week, I had no idea there were any abortion survivors. Other posters might be interested in her story as I was.
Oh brother, another person who doesn't get it. EVERY single argument against abortion is premised on women being either stupid, immoral, or irresponsible. EVERY one of those arguments. Since you ARE arguing about late-term abortions and how monstrous they are, you ARE arguing that the women who have late-term abortions ARE monsters.

Women are intelligent, responsible and moral. If they and their doctors determine that a late-term abortion is the best option, who are you to challenge that determination? A late-term abortion means that something terrible has happened. Late-term abortions are very rare. They are very expensive. They are tragic.

Old 03-01-2019, 07:42 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
I’m really not following you. First, you attack me for putting up the link to Gianna Jenson so I could share with others, then you accuse me of ‘thinking’ that all women are monsters who have an abortion. I don’t judge them. Maybe you should have asked me what I thought, before jumping in and accusing me.

One example of who I think are monsters in my world are the Antifa crowd, women who harass and attack others without reason. I’ve seen video and they are really beyond obnoxious.

Anyway, back to the subject. You throw a quote at me where I said the path to infanticide is broadening. So? You go ahead and explain why people stood and applauded on the issue of later term abortion. The wording has been changed to broaden the scope of women’s health, as mentioned in this article. The article also shows where former pro abortion activists are concerned because of the 24 weeks. Now a woman can wait until birth.
https://www.dailywire.com/news/42616...-james-barrett

If you don’t like this article, there is video and articles all over the Internet. It is troubling where we seem to be headed as a society.
Maybe you should try to keep it straight which posters responded in which way to you. I'm the poster who accused you of thinking that women are monsters. Because after all, you are the one arguing against a law that simply allows women and their doctors to make the best decision for them in the face of a catastrophic pregnancy. Arguing against that law means that you don't trust women to make such decisions for themselves.

Old 03-01-2019, 07:42 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
No words!

NO GOP Senators voted against it and that 3 Dem senators(Casey, Jones, and Manchin) crossed the aisle and voted with Republicans
How about the GOP passing a bill that protects all "born alive children" with guaranteed healthcare? Wouldn't that be a pro-life gesture!

Old 03-01-2019, 07:51 AM

193 posts, read 69,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Oh brother, another person who doesn't get it. EVERY single argument against abortion is premised on women being either stupid, immoral, or irresponsible. EVERY one of those arguments. Since you ARE arguing about late-term abortions and how monstrous they are, you ARE arguing that the women who have late-term abortions ARE monsters.

Women are intelligent, responsible and moral. If they and their doctors determine that a late-term abortion is the best option, who are you to challenge that determination? A late-term abortion means that something terrible has happened. Late-term abortions are very rare. They are very expensive. They are tragic.
If you look at the research for abortions it actually proves that most women are very irresponsible when it comes to abortions, only 3% of abortions performed are due to maternal/infant health issues the top reasons cited for abortions are Financial stress, relationship issues and work/school conflict. Seems like these are all issues that the woman should've been aware of BEFORE becoming pregnant not something that just suddenly pops up after the fact. So another words ladies if you're in a terrible financial situation, a terrible relationship , trying to finish school or working long hours that doesn't bode well for a child...maybe try using some common sense and keeping those legs closed or using protection. Trust me the "D" will still be there when/if your situation improves just a tip
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies