Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2019, 05:26 PM

37,095 posts, read 41,226,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Not safer for the unborn though.
Maybe it is better, though. Are you familiar with the concept of child abuse?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26070372

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I believe this thread has to do with babies surviving abortion. As for when abortion should be acceptable, there are rare cases and anyone who uses her/hie head knows 99% of all abortions are not necessary. It isn't the poor who are aborting because they can not afford children, it is the woman who didn't use birth control and now says it is inconvenient to become a mom. Why are those women not giving their babies up for adoption as was the policy before 1965? I am not going to pretend I am 100/% pro life because I do understand times when it is the only answer. I understand abortion in the first trimester though I still think it is wrong. I understand a young girl having an abortion, when true and I say true rape is responsible for the pregnancy or when the baby is badly deformed. but I am sick and tired of the statement "it is my body" what about the baby, what about its body?
Half the women who seek abortion were using contraception in the cycle in which they conceived.

Three quarters are low income.

https://www.guttmacher.org/report/ch...-patients-2014

What is the difference between "true rape" and "false rape"?

Babies are still placed for adoption. Do you think that should be mandatory, not voluntary?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
If I were a female I'd take precautions not to get pregnant in the first place.
Their male partners have no responsibility?

Last edited by suzy_q2010; 03-22-2019 at 06:22 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2019, 06:09 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post

Their male partners have no responsibility?
Quite absolutely NOT. Legislators who want a law passed that would send women to prison for up to life, who get abortions, don't ever worry about the men who caused pregnancies criminally aborted under such proposed laws.

Old 03-22-2019, 06:57 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,501,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
But do continue with the women are stupid, irresponsible or immoral argument. Every anti-abortion argument is based on those premises.
The primary reason for anti-abortion sentiment is that life or potential life begins at conception, certainly at a point prior to birth. Whether based on religion, science, or personally developed values, that belief isn't formed because women are stupid, irresponsible, or immoral. Many women are active in anti-abortion efforts.

Old 03-22-2019, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
The primary reason for anti-abortion sentiment is that life or potential life begins at conception, certainly at a point prior to birth. Whether based on religion, science, or personally developed values, that belief isn't formed because women are stupid, irresponsible, or immoral. Many women are active in anti-abortion efforts.
Just the women who find themselves with an unwanted pregnancy are stupid, irresponsible, or immoral.

Right?

Old 03-22-2019, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
That absolutely doesn't mean they are moral women. Are you ignorant of the fact that some women, who protest at abortion clinics, will when the tables are turned on them and find themselves pregnant will go get abortion? Maybe they think "the only moral abortion is my abortion". A woman who is not hypocritical with her viewpoints on abortion is moral.

"The patient was disturbed and upset and insisted she couldn't carry the pregnancy to term. She opposed abortion -- and in fact had picketed this very clinic -- but felt the abortion was something she had to do."

"From a clinic director in a mid-western state: "One of the most remarkable cases was a woman who came from another part of the state and said she was the Right-to-Life president in her county. 'But,' she said, she 'had become pregnant and had to have an abortion.'"

If life begins at conception, how do those against abortion justify making an exception for pregnant women raped or had incest? On the other hand, there are some opposed to abortion who want all of it banned no matter what the circumstances are. In other words, the unborn baby's life is always more important than the woman's.

Last edited by StillwaterTownie; 03-22-2019 at 08:31 PM..

Old 03-23-2019, 12:24 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,501,648 times
Quote:
There are fewer abortions being done after Roe v. Wade than before. Abortion is also safer.

https://billmoyers.com/story/access-...on-roe-v-wade/
I don't believe that for a second. Many lies were told to the supreme court to get the abortion bill passed. Women did not go to back alley abortionists in droves or most women would have died.

Old 03-23-2019, 12:26 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,501,648 times
Quote:
Just the women who find themselves with an unwanted pregnancy are stupid, irresponsible, or immoral.

Right?
Many women each year get pregnant with an oops. Most keep their child, maybe even your mother. I won't say they are all those things you called them

Old 03-23-2019, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
I don't believe that for a second. Many lies were told to the supreme court to get the abortion bill passed. Women did not go to back alley abortionists in droves or most women would have died.
Who knows how many women died or nearly died from septic abortion from unsanitary procedures. Many decades ago a major reason abortion was banned was to protect the woman from the bad effects of abortions. These days that hardly ever happens because the importance of using sanitary procedures are well known and practiced.

Old 03-23-2019, 01:12 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,735,298 times
Quote:
This makes no sense. When abortion was illegal, women still had abortions. Those who couldn’t fly to Europe did indeed get them from “back-alley abortionists” BECAUSE there was no way to get a legal abortion! And yes, some women died. I personally witnessed two in the hospitals where I worked at the time. One was a young woman I slightly knew from high school - friend of a friend, a year older than me at the time she died, so around 22. The other was a 15-yo girl.

Old 03-23-2019, 01:52 AM

Quote:
It does not matter whether you "believe" it or not. It is impossible to know the exact number who had illegal abortions, for the simple reason that no woman who had one would want to admit it because - wait for it - it was illegal.

https://www.guttmacher.org/gpr/2003/...rologue#boxref

Quote:
Many women each year get pregnant with an oops. Most keep their child, maybe even your mother. I won't say they are all those things you called them
Those were not my words. I was quoting someone else.

Sure, not all unintended pregnancies are unwanted. A bit over 40% do end in abortion.

https://www.guttmacher.org/fact-shee...-united-states
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies