Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2019, 08:47 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Like I said... social media whipping people into a frenzy about Graham.

I know people have a problem with Graham. I don't because I don't pay attention to him. His accountability is with Christ, not with me or anyone else. Sounds like the people pushing against Graham are a bunch of busybodies, since they have time to create a website about him.
This is true........As a Christian I see someone like Franklin making me look bad. I've been asked more than once how I explain Franklin and all I can say is "I can't".

I've had other Christians get mad at me for not supporting Franklin. Now this is trending a little too close to religion as opposed to politics so..............

I will say it's the politics that get people upset with me over.

Old 02-26-2019, 08:49 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times
Quote:

I know people have a problem with Graham. I don't because I don't pay attention to him. His accountability is with Christ, not with me or anyone else. Sounds like the people pushing against Graham are a bunch of busybodies, since they have time to create a website about him.
Perhaps they are alarmed at how religion--and false religion at that--has become so powerful in our politics. I know I am. You should be, too, if you truly understand and believe in the principles our country was founded on.

Old 02-26-2019, 08:50 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 28 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,133,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Wow, that is powerful. Thank you for posting this, pknopp.

The day the Evangelicals endorsed Trump was the day I gave up believing the Bible Belt Christians had any connection to Christ whatsoever. Yes, there are many who still live the faith, but there are so many CINOs among them, Christians in Name Only, and they have taken over the narrative. And there is no Christ to be found there.

I look forward to the release of the full album.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
1,000%!!!

“The day they elected trump...”
Yeah, thats when it all started

Its not like we cant look back pre trump and see all the christain bashing

Old 02-26-2019, 08:51 AM

3,129 posts, read 1,332,443 times
Quote:
The day the Evangelicals endorsed Trump was the day I gave up believing the Bible Belt Christians had any connection to Christ whatsoever.
Isn't that a little harsh? I'm no Trumpster, but what I mean is, Evangelicals have to endorse a party, don't they? And, of course, that party has to be the republican party. So I'm thinking that statement is a little unfair -- they would have endorsed the person representing the republican party regardless of who it was. Do they really have a choice?

Old 02-26-2019, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
“The day they elected trump...”
Yeah, because thats when it all started
You are absolutely correct. The CINOs have been around for quite some time. But their hypocrisy reached a head when they endorsed the kind of man they have been preaching against from their pulpits since forever. That kind of in your face hypocrisy is what I believe the OP is talking about.

Old 02-26-2019, 08:54 AM

4,481 posts, read 2,285,932 times
I am an atheist. How does this apply?

Old 02-26-2019, 08:55 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 28 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,133,597 times
Quote:
You are absolutely correct. The CINOs have been around for quite some time. But their hypocrisy reached a head when they endorsed the kind of man they have been preaching against from their pulpits since forever. That kind of in your face hypocrisy is what I believe the OP is talking about.
Yeah, stupid christains.
Am i doin it right?
We all need a scapegoat huh?

Old 02-26-2019, 08:56 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,587,643 times
Thank you for posting this. There is so much more I would like to say about it, but I can't right now. Too many tears.

Old 02-26-2019, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
Isn't that a little harsh? I'm no Trumpster, but what I mean is, Evangelicals have to endorse a party, don't they? And, of course, that party has to be the republican party.
Why do Evangelicals have to endorse a party?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
So I'm thinking that statement is a little unfair -- they would have endorsed the person representing the republican party regardless of who it was. Do they really have a choice?
Wow, so you are saying that no matter who the Republican party puts up, Evangelicals MUST endorse him?? No matter how odious, no matter how he denigrates their beliefs, they have no choice but to endorse him? Sounds like they're putting party ahead of country and God.

Old 02-26-2019, 08:59 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,587,643 times
Quote:

It matters. There are people who look to him for spiritual guidance because of the family name.

He ain't his dad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies