Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2019, 11:11 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,533,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"The fact that Trump and his supporters ingore this is because they are turning a blind eye to it."

We are NOT IGNORING anything.

It is YOU who is IGNORING tracks do NOT drive over walls.

Walls FORCE trucks to go through MANNED CONTROLLED ports of entry.

The WALLS WILL Help stop ILLEGAL PERSONS from ILLEGALLY crossing our border.

The NEW walls are even HARDER to climb over as SHOWN by the Special Forces personnel who clould NOT scale them.
As far as I know there haven’t been any pictures of these walls.

Second, one can still go UNDER the walls just as the border patrol showed Trump and everyone. So yeah your ignoring the obvious .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2019, 11:45 AM

30,063 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
And a good argument against it. Not sure how many here saw this on C-SPAN.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNSR...&feature=share

If cost is the main issue for libs, how about just concertina wire and land mines? That would be a lot cheaper and was certainly a "deterrant" on the western front in WW1.

You could do the job for a lower price, which should make all the dems very happy. In addition, you could move the gunnery ranges for the different services to areas right along the border, which would add an additional deterrant.

Old 02-28-2019, 05:46 AM

59,041 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
As far as I know there haven’t been any pictures of these walls.

Second, one can still go UNDER the walls just as the border patrol showed Trump and everyone. So yeah your ignoring the obvious .

"As far as I know there haven’t been any pictures of these walls."

Everybody else has. Oh wait, you only get your "news from the Lame Stream Media!

You are are like several other posters on here, "I didn't see it, hear it, know about it, etc., therefor it did not happen, etc.

Old 02-28-2019, 05:51 AM

3,212 posts, read 1,652,015 times
Drugs will be transported over the wall with catapults. Medieval technology meets medieval technology.

Old 02-28-2019, 06:07 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,533,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"As far as I know there haven’t been any pictures of these walls."

Everybody else has. Oh wait, you only get your "news from the Lame Stream Media!

You are are like several other posters on here, "I didn't see it, hear it, know about it, etc., therefor it did not happen, etc.
If your talking prototype walls then yes but none of those walls have been put up it’s all talk at this point.
Sorry that I don’t watch faux News.

Old 03-01-2019, 06:11 AM

59,041 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
If your talking prototype walls then yes but none of those walls have been put up it’s all talk at this point.
Sorry that I don’t watch faux News.

"Sorry that I don’t watch faux News"

OBVIOUSLY that is why youhaven't seen any pictures if walls being built. YOUR media WON'T show them so you remain in the dark!

Old 03-01-2019, 06:15 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,751,235 times
I've seen a lot of proposals for what we could use instead of a wall but I'm wondering why something that would be effective instead of a wall wouldn't be even more effective if it was used along with a wall?

Old 03-01-2019, 06:17 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Most people agree that The Wall will do little to stem the tide of asylum seekers. They turn themselves in and are processed into America, with a court date set. In fact, the cartels who transport those people just drop them off at the border and tell them to wait to be picked up. Listen to this.

It will prevent the entry of a lot of drugs. Those people do not want to get caught.
The asylum seekers were encouraged by Obama when he agreed to take children. Congress, and only congress, can fix that situation. I don't think they will, but they could by changing immigration law.
Dems know the solution, but they didn't pass the law when they could, and now they can't. So they stand on the sidelines yelling, "All ya gotta do is .......! That would fix it!"

Arrests are down because people declare asylum. They are no longer arrested. People who run from the border patrol are arrested, people who run to the Border Patrol are not. So Dems use the statistical anomaly to pretend there is no problem.
Build The Wall. Then reform the system.
Anyone who crosses the border illegally is arrested and charged regardless if they are claiming asylum.

Old 03-01-2019, 06:38 AM

10,451 posts, read 4,038,191 times
Better alternative to the Trump wall.

Legalize drugs and call to an end to the drug war. That in itself should save the tax payers a lot of money. I really think this is the root of all the problems. America's drug addiction, in addition to it being illegal, has been the reason many of the countries south of our border has turned into a drug cartel haven.

Start arresting and imprisoning those who hire and house illegals. Illegals won't stay here if they can't work here. Also, need to do an investigation/revamp how people get welfare. It's not right someone can just come here and get benefits without even paying into the system, but yet someone whose entire generation started this country can't get anything but a measly WIC check. I know Haitians who came here, get work immediately at Publix, and then their kids who have been here for only 5 years, get free college. But yet, a Cuban American family who has been here since before JFK was elected president, paid their taxes all these decades, and yet can't seem to get any kind of grant or scholarship to any college, nor do they get any welfare. Stuff like this needs to stop, NOW!

I also think it might be a good idea to restrict the voting eligibility of immigrants. Have to be a child of natural born American citizens in order to be able to vote, or at the very least, if you are an immigrant wanting to become a legalized American citizen, then you have to be on a probation period of 10 years before you can qualify to vote or own a gun. I think doing this will show the true colors of the democrat party. If they can't use you anymore to further their globalization goal, then they will throw you under the bus. Just watch.

Old 03-01-2019, 06:45 AM

62,939 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Better alternative to the Trump wall.

Legalize drugs and call to an end to the drug war. That in itself should save the tax payers a lot of money. I really think this is the root of all the problems. America's drug addiction, in addition to it being illegal, has been the reason many of the countries south of our border has turned into a drug cartel haven.

Start arresting and imprisoning those who hire and house illegals. Illegals won't stay here if they can't work here. Also, need to do an investigation/revamp how people get welfare. It's not right someone can just come here and get benefits without even paying into the system, but yet someone whose entire generation started this country can't get anything but a measly WIC check. I know Haitians who came here, get work immediately at Publix, and then their kids who have been here for only 5 years, get free college. But yet, a Cuban American family who has been here since before JFK was elected president, paid their taxes all these decades, and yet can't seem to get any kind of grant or scholarship to any college, nor do they get any welfare. Stuff like this needs to stop, NOW!

I also think it might be a good idea to restrict the voting eligibility of immigrants. Have to be a child of natural born American citizens in order to be able to vote, or at the very least, if you are an immigrant wanting to become a legalized American citizen, then you have to be on a probation period of 10 years before you can qualify to vote or own a gun. I think doing this will show the true colors of the democrat party. If they can't use you anymore to further their globalization goal, then they will throw you under the bus. Just watch.

Why does any of the above have to be an alternative to the wall? Criminals and terrorists aren't seeking any of the above. Good physical barriers should be a part of the solution along with other methods to deter illegal immigration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies