Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2019, 05:00 PM

388 posts, read 200,583 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
We need better choices to begin with. If we can get together and demand better quality choices for leadership of America, choices with integrity, then the shock of a Trump ending up in the White House may have served a purpose.
i hoped for that too, but so far trump isnt terrible enough for that to happen.

people compare him to hitler, and they arent joking-- i hope we wouldnt need someone as terrible as that for people to get it straight, but we definitely need someone worse than trump.

until we have election reform-- not just any old shuffling of deck chairs, but serious reform that actually removes the ability of corporations to put their candidates on layaway (they dont purchase them directly, but there is a lot of legalised bribery) this is going to keep happening.

i want to be wrong, but i know im not, because the left doesnt get that a broken election system did this, or why or how terribly it is broken. they only get that trump is evil. oops, missed the point entirely. theyll figure it out when someone bad enough gets in. and honestly, the criticism is over the top. the first year he was in office, half of it was about skin colour. whoever put forth the idea that you cant be racist against white people-- good job, "everybody" believes that nonsense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2019, 05:11 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,391,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack2000 View Post
I honestly have no idea who the Republican candidate would be, but it doesn't really matter because Trump will be running.

you made a good point, that how we ended up with trump, the republicans could not field a decent candidate. trump won because he was the less of two evils, not because he was good at anything

Old 03-01-2019, 05:13 PM

388 posts, read 200,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
This country has never been more socially or racially divided then it is right now.
true, but most of it is white people hating white people for being white.

most of the white people i know (and these days, i MUCH prefer to hang out with conservatives, because theyre saner on average-- and its mutual, they get along better with me as well) dont care one way or the other what black people are doing. yeah, a few do and a few have (at least) since the 1800s and well before that.

ive always liked mlk jr, the number of black people that take time to hate me to me face? none. so thats not a problem. the number of white people that take time to hate people for being black? they were already here-- the media has, in an effort to make the left more insane, decided to give the alt-right an enormous platform in its efforts to prove that trump is one of them.

you dont know what thats doing-- when you give the alt-right a platform like the media insists on doing, they get more powerful because they seem like they are. thats their one form of currency, is awareness. if the media wasnt focused on them, they would actually find it harder to recruit.

i believe in freedom of the press, and i dont think it could or necessarily should happen here, although this is why thatcher blocked media reports about terrorists when she was prime minister. so you can thank the networks for the racial divide-- theyre fanning the flames 24/7.

and yes, the left is doing more to make that worse than anybody. seems odd for the left to accidentally recruit for the alt-right, but thats just how stupid they can be politically.

most of the hate i find myself in the middle of from any side, is white-one-white racial hatred.

again, its really stupid, but thats what everybody is most tense about.

you also see tension on the left between black and white feminists, because they white people in the left want to speak for everybody, and (it would seem that) black feminists dont all feel like they need white feminists to speak for them.

as for tension about genders, there is more radical legislation about gender being pushed through than ever before. whether you are for it or not, you cant push for extremely new legislation without creating tension. thats not how politics works. whoever expects to change the way the country works, and have everyone just go "well, okay" is fooling themselves.

the more radical the left gets, the more tension there will be. and they blame trump, because he looks to them like the problem theyre talking about.

sometimes they see what they want to. maybe some of its there. but back when the left read more, they could tell you that when the country wants to go to war, they need someone to hate. read your orwell. the 5 minute hate isnt just for emmanuel goldstein, its for his followers.

theres a propaganda war, but its not really about race or gender-- its about competing ideologies. thats the truth, the rest is media. good luck with that.

there are a lot of white people that hate me for being white right now. i think its funny, but its really sad. theyre very confused, they need an enemy, and you cant externalise much more than hating someone for being the same colour you are-- but exempting yourself of course, because you agree with your own party on politics.

you seriously might as well change the name of democratic party to the white-people-who-hate-white-people party. yall didnt free the slaves, the republicans did. read more history, figure out what youre actually doing-- its been done. the comparisons of the right to germany are pretty superficial by comparison.

talk to more people on the right-- most of them will not give you any reason to saddle them with the ridiculous brush the left paints them with. they will disagree with you on political candidates, but how long have you been telling yourself that theyre all racist if they all voted for the same guy? thats some ridiculous, self-serving, circular logic there.

but i agree that the country is in trouble. its not moving forward, its going around in circles. people are too busy talking for everyone else to figure out what anyone actually thinks. that gives politicians a lot of room to do whatever they heck they want. if thats your attitude, you can bet that you wont stop trump next term. you couldnt even stop bush jr from getting back in, and he was worse.

martin luther king jr didnt hate white people,
most black people dont hate white people,
and trump doesnt hate white people.

mostly the left hates white people. thats not a platform im joining. why would i ever vote for someone that hates me, and even despises everything i care about? but the left thinks its my moral obligation. im not interested. you keep recruiting republicans, go ahead.

Last edited by dynamicjson; 03-01-2019 at 05:26 PM..

Old 03-01-2019, 05:59 PM

1,940 posts, read 1,028,019 times
He is leaving a wake of destruction just as he has his whole life.

Release his taxes and this would have never gotten this far. It's too late now and this has to run its course. I hope he brings down all the other corrupt business's and governments with him. This has gotten so much bigger than just Russia now and it's his own doing.

The only good to come out of this is it shows the world our system can correct itself. We can't keep doing this every other President though. Also how corrupt our world is.

Put Pence in and will vote in 2020.

Old 03-01-2019, 06:05 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,063,396 times
That is bad? What's the point in taking the risks to start, build, expand business if there is not the possibility to profit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
That’s so bewildering that you believe this. Do you honestly think that trump isn’t only looking out for himself & his business? What’s the goal of a business man? To make money. That is his only goal, to make money for himself. That’s it. Period.

Old 03-01-2019, 06:07 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,063,396 times
Never, ever hated Mr Obama. Definitely disagreed with and opposed his policies, some of his methods, but hate is an awfully strong word. It is corrosive, mostly from the inside.
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
The same goals you guys had when you hated Obama!

Old 03-01-2019, 06:09 PM

3,346 posts, read 1,268,403 times
The goal is to get him back to the chocolate factory where he belongs with the other Oompa Loompa's.

Old 03-01-2019, 06:25 PM

33,321 posts, read 12,516,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
The goal is to get him back to the chocolate factory where he belongs with the other Oompa Loompa's.

If he doesn't watch it, he's going to be the size of a number of Oompa Loompas .

Old 03-02-2019, 03:42 PM

733 posts, read 351,383 times
I want to see his ego destroyed. The Trump name so badly damaged that no one else in that family can run for office. They all just go away and no one pays any attention to that family again.

Old 03-02-2019, 07:21 PM

1,940 posts, read 1,028,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffer6583 View Post
I want to see his ego destroyed. The Trump name so badly damaged that no one else in that family can run for office. They all just go away and no one pays any attention to that family again.
They are setting themselves up to build a Trump Tower in Moscow, North Korea and Saudi Arabia when they are out of office. They already set the groundwork and got financing before he was elected.

At-least in America we can openly bash our President, in North Korea, Russian or Saudi Arabia you would just mysteriously disappear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies