Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2019, 04:14 PM

1,645 posts, read 1,214,145 times

Advertisements

Before everyone gets into a tizzy over this, maybe we should be looking at Oklahoma's murder rate and accidental discharge rate before indicating that could even be a bad idea. I will bet that they already have a low murder rate and low accidental discharge rate, and that this will only make it go lower, rather than go up.

Virginia has been open carry for decades, but it is not the wild west when it comes to Murder as seen by:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._homicide_rate
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2019, 04:19 PM

16,590 posts, read 8,610,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Vermont has had constitutional carry for its entire existence as a state. And the lowest violent crime rate in the country for a long time as well.
Trying to convince a leftist ideologue like the OP of rational and constitutional facts is a waste of time.
They endlessly start anti-Trump threads, anti-Republican threads, and most are based on leftist magazines and opinions, other than their own. Rarely do they engage in any meaningful banter or exchange of views.

Thus they are likely a paid shill for the Democrats, not a real poster.

`

Old 02-26-2019, 04:21 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
You know what's the problem in America is?? If you say it's: People who have no business carrying guns are not allowed to pack heat out in public spaces, you are correct!!!

But lo and behold! Red state Oaklahoma is doing something about it! If you are not able to pass a background check, or get a permit, or never had any safety training; don't worry. Oaklahoma got you covered.

If you are thinking, "What a great idea to allow people who can't pass background checks the opportunity to pop a cap in public." Yes!! This idea is so brilliant, red state Missouri already adopted it!! When Missouri does it, you know it's got to be good!!!

Senate committee passes bill allowing permitless carry in Oklahoma

Much ado about nothing. Selective liberal outrage.

Old 02-26-2019, 04:46 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times
I live in PA and open carry has been the law forever, there is no permitting process to own a gun and no permit is required to open carry. Personally I think people walking around with firearms in the open in public places are just inviting trouble. I'm not sure why you wuld want someone to know you have gun, if I'm robbing a place you are the person I will shoot first. It's a good law in that you do not have to worry about simply walking from your car to the front porch or some other nuisance crap typical in liberal states.

PA does require permit for concealed carry but is shall issue state so getting a concealed permit is pretty much guaranteed if you can legally have the gun to begin with.

Old 02-26-2019, 04:57 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,809,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
You know what's the problem in America is?? If you say it's: People who have no business carrying guns are not allowed to pack heat out in public spaces, you are correct!!!

But lo and behold! Red state Oaklahoma is doing something about it! If you are not able to pass a background check, or get a permit, or never had any safety training; don't worry. Oaklahoma got you covered.

If you are thinking, "What a great idea to allow people who can't pass background checks the opportunity to pop a cap in public." Yes!! This idea is so brilliant, red state Missouri already adopted it!! When Missouri does it, you know it's got to be good!!!

Senate committee passes bill allowing permitless carry in Oklahoma

We will welcome them to the Constitutional Carry fold with open arms. LOL.

Old 02-26-2019, 05:13 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
I live in PA and open carry has been the law forever, there is no permitting process to own a gun and no permit is required to open carry. Personally I think people walking around with firearms in the open in public places are just inviting trouble. I'm not sure why you wuld want someone to know you have gun, if I'm robbing a place you are the person I will shoot first. It's a good law in that you do not have to worry about simply walking from your car to the front porch or some other nuisance crap typical in liberal states.

PA does require permit for concealed carry but is shall issue state so getting a concealed permit is pretty much guaranteed if you can legally have the gun to begin with.
If a criminal sees someone with a gun the criminal will move onto someone without a gun. That's the norm anyway.

Old 02-26-2019, 05:24 PM

5,450 posts, read 8,762,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post

They do make you get references.

Maybe you can answer this. I’ve read that if PA is in a state of emergency, no one can legally open carry. I’ve also read the the governor has had the entire state in a state of emergency for quite some time due to opioid abuse.

Have you heard this or is it bull?

Old 02-26-2019, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
If a criminal sees someone with a gun the criminal will move onto someone without a gun. That's the norm anyway.

If I'm a criminal and see you with a side arm perhaps while I'm walking by you I'll hit you over the head with a lead pipe, take your gun and shoot you with it.

If you want to open carry that is your decision, making people aware you are armed just doesn't seem to be a very wise decision IMO. I want to be the one doing the surprising.

Old 02-26-2019, 05:32 PM

804 posts, read 545,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Vermont has had constitutional carry for its entire existence as a state. And the lowest violent crime rate in the country for a long time as well.
Vermont has next to no population at all with whites being 95%

Old 02-26-2019, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
They do make you get references.

Maybe you can answer this. I’ve read that if PA is in a state of emergency, no one can legally open carry. I’ve also read the the governor has had the entire state in a state of emergency for quite some time due to opioid abuse.

Have you heard this or is it bull?

I haven't heard anything about that and if that were the case it would be in the news. I should note there is exception for Philly but that will be challenged at some point and they will likely lose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies