Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2019, 07:08 AM

13,961 posts, read 5,628,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
If you are thinking, "What a great idea to allow people who can't pass background checks the opportunity to pop a cap in public." Yes!!
You realize that it's illegal for people who DO PASS background checks to fire rounds in public just for the fun of it, right? Permit, classes, eleventy bazillion hours of tactical training later and there is simply no level of government approval in your firearm skills nor any level of clearance/admin/permission that makes "Unlawful Discharge of a Firearm" any less of a freaking crime. That's a crime for police, btw. Not even the agents of tyranny hired by Leviathan are actually allowed to just "pop a cap in public" whenever they please. That shizznit is a crime, yo. It's a crime for everyone.

Every responsible firearm owner knows this better than you already, but thanks for playing, knucklehead.

Last edited by Volobjectitarian; 02-27-2019 at 07:19 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2019, 07:10 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Guess you better turn your M1 carbine in and whatever other firearms in your posession.

Do it for Muh public safetyz.
Don't be a hypocritical elitist as what's good for me is not for thee, lead by example.
Nice try, but I've already stated that I'm in favor of legislation making it more difficult to purchase and possess a firearm, but not for taking away anyones right to own. This should be done at the Federal level.

If states want to have a national holiday for firearms, or have a "Bring your gun to work day", that is up to individual states.

I have no criminal record, no mental issues requiring medication, and no history of violence. We could start right there in respect to Federal laws. I say this is my example to lead with.

Old 02-27-2019, 07:15 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,977,958 times
Montana has been an "Open Carry" State for longer than I can remember. I can think of one man who did so regularly, in Flathead County. He really enjoyed the notoriety.
I used to Open Carry when camping. Never had a problem, although I was very careful not to fall in when fishing. Getting the .45 wet was not a good thing!

Old 02-27-2019, 07:19 AM

50,315 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
You realize that it's illegal for people who DO PASS background checks to fire rounds in public just for the fun of it, right? Permit, classes, eleventy bazillion hours of tactical training later and there is simply no level of government approval in your firearm skills nor any level of clearance/admin/permission that makes "Unlawful Discharge of a Firearm" any less of a freaking crime. That's a crime for police, btw. Not even the agents of tyranny hired by Leviathan are actually to just "pop a cap in public" whenever they please. That shizznit is a crime, yo. It's a crime for everyone.

Every responsible firearm owner knows this better than you already, but thanks for playing, knucklehead.
A criminal open carrying in public won't be for long if they have a record. But, a criminal wouldn't be open carrying to begin with.

Some of these anti-gun types have no ceiling for displaying their ignorance.

Old 02-27-2019, 07:30 AM

24,500 posts, read 17,239,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
If a criminal sees someone with a gun the criminal will move onto someone without a gun. That's the norm anyway.

Unless that criminal is cruising to steal a gun then he might actually target a law abiding gun owner.

Carrying a gun does not make one a super hero, a criminal could come up behind you knock you down and grab your gun and be gone with it. You cannot be vigilant 100% of the time.

Conceal carry is a better option because then the criminals that would target someone has no idea if they might face someone that can defend themselves.

Real life is not like the movies, the old Westerns with shootouts in the streets or where the good guy always wins.

There are 2 types of people in this country, those that understand and respect guns and those that fear them probably because they don't understand them.

Old 02-27-2019, 08:11 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,498,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Nice try, but I've already stated that I'm in favor of legislation making it more difficult to purchase and possess a firearm, but not for taking away anyones right to own. This should be done at the Federal level.

If states want to have a national holiday for firearms, or have a "Bring your gun to work day", that is up to individual states.

I have no criminal record, no mental issues requiring medication, and no history of violence. We could start right there in respect to Federal laws. I say this is my example to lead with.
As am I and millions of others yet that point is often lost on you and others with the mentality of expanding bureaucracy to discourage others to participate and exercise their rights... and eroding them into privileges...

Old 02-27-2019, 08:17 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,498,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Montana has been an "Open Carry" State for longer than I can remember. I can think of one man who did so regularly, in Flathead County. He really enjoyed the notoriety.
I used to Open Carry when camping. Never had a problem, although I was very careful not to fall in when fishing. Getting the .45 wet was not a good thing!
In Florida we can open carry while fishing hunting and camping.

Blows busy bodies/transplants minds. And law enforcement who don't know the laws.

My girlfriend and I go out on the boat to fish. I keep an AR slung on my back, she keeps her AK slung on hers...
Within minutes of being spotted police are dispatched. The town cops freak out and make a big deal out of it. Then when one of us calls the sheriff's office... they arrive and straighten everything out. You can keep the code printed and laminated they just default to... We are a concealed carry only state! If open carry was allowed I would know about it! You're looking at felony charges!

Oh? Really?

Old 02-27-2019, 09:12 AM

2,925 posts, read 3,093,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
I have a hard time believing that a black man openly carrying a gun down the street in St Louis is going to greeted with joy by everyone. Someone, maybe even a cop, is going to confront him with the belief he is a criminal rather than an American citizen enjoying his 2nd Amendment rights to openly carry. Racism is too alive and well in this country. Open carry is a recipe for disaster.
And BAM! The race card is played. Racism was pretty much dead in this country until someone decided to sensationalize isolated incidents and compare them to the real racism that this country used to be gripped by.

It is sad that folks these days are being brainwashed by this 'racism' BS propaganda. They must be too young to have witnessed what REAL institutionalized racism is. Racism and hate will always be with us, but to point at these isolated incidents and scream that racism is still alive and well is just asinine.

Old 02-27-2019, 10:39 AM

19,724 posts, read 10,128,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
Only read the first two pages. Hopefully someone has pointed out that although you may not need a background check to open carry, if you're buying a handgun you still need to get a background check done for purchase. Unless, of course, you're buying on the black market.

Something tells me anyone looking to "pop a cap in public" is utilizing that black market.
Private sales are not a "black market" but are perfectly legal.

Old 02-27-2019, 10:42 AM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
I had no idea Oklahoma was dangerous enough that one should go shopping with a loaded firearm. Guess I'll forgo traveling there and miss out on the vibrant cultural scene.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies