Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2019, 05:46 AM

45,373 posts, read 60,561,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
1957, how about you ?
Right.

Well, I wrote it out last evening in my post questioning you so I'll count that. That's called "being honest" by the way.

Here's the reality, the only reason you, or anyone else, are defending this Delegate is because of the "D" after her name. To top it off she used the word while talking to a Black colleague.

Her "punishment" was announced last evening, she no longer chairs a subcommittee on unemployment. No censure, no expulsion, no suspension. Just a circling of the wagons "in this difficult time".

I'd post a link so you can read for yourself the twirling going on to minimize this but it's behind the Washington Post pay wall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2019, 06:02 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Right.

Well, I wrote it out last evening in my post questioning you so I'll count that. That's called "being honest" by the way.

Here's the reality, the only reason you, or anyone else, are defending this Delegate is because of the "D" after her name.
I didn't see anyone defend her.

Old 02-27-2019, 06:03 AM

7,814 posts, read 6,389,895 times
At least she didn’t do something horrific like call the police on loitering black people in a Starbucks.

Old 02-27-2019, 06:05 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,259,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Link: https://www.huffpost.com/entry/mary-...b03a10c232b9c5

Yet another example of a Democrat racist caught and exposed. This one is a suburban white woman who helped the Democrats pick up seats in the most recent election. Can't say I'm surprised, a lot of suburban liberal white woman are huge racists.
Well she can start looking around for her next job.

Old 02-27-2019, 06:09 AM

45,373 posts, read 60,561,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Well she can start looking around for her next job.
Not at all. She'll be all rehabilitated by this time next year and will be back in the leadership.

Old 02-27-2019, 06:23 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,775,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Story sounds pretty convoluted to me.

What does it matter if whites say it to each other anyway? That’s their business. Just don’t say it to us. Hell, I’m sure more people say it in comfortable company than they’re willing to admit here.

I say it all the time to my peeps, but I don’t need comfortable company in order to use it.
Love your double standards, Jussie.

Old 02-27-2019, 06:25 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,843,415 times
Their sins will find them out.

Old 02-27-2019, 06:28 AM

19,804 posts, read 9,353,220 times
People have been saying for years that many Democrats are hypocrites. Well, so are many Republicans.

The only surprise here is that people still act as though they are surprised by political hypocrisy, as if this is something new.

Old 02-27-2019, 06:32 AM

30,362 posts, read 19,149,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Story sounds pretty convoluted to me.

What does it matter if whites say it to each other anyway? That’s their business. Just don’t say it to us. Hell, I’m sure more people say it in comfortable company than they’re willing to admit here.

I say it all the time to my peeps, but I don’t need comfortable company in order to use it.
Pretty sure you're off the Political Correctness (PC) reservation with these comments. I seriously doubt you would say the same if it was a Republican, President Trump for example using the "N word" I do somewhat agree with you but in polite company, no one uses that word actually.

When I was 13, I started going to school with a large number of blacks and was shocked when they called each other the N word....but don't make the mistake of think you as a white male can use it.

Old 02-27-2019, 06:33 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,501,009 times
What's happening with the Democratic VA governor? He was being pressured to resign due to his racist photo? All seems to have died down.

Could the problem be that the Lt. Gov has sex assault scandals facing him, and the next in line - also a Dem - ALSO had a racist photo? The next one down the line is a Republican, and the Dems seem to be saying "better a racist than a Republican."

Apparently, racism isn't that bad unless it's committed by a Republican.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies