Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2019, 06:34 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,500,247 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Pretty sure you're off the Political Correctness (PC) reservation with these comments. I seriously doubt you would say the same if it was a Republican, President Trump for example using the "N word" I do somewhat agree with you but in polite company, no one uses that word actually.

When I was 13, I started going to school with a large number of blacks and was shocked when they called each other the N word....but don't make the mistake of think you as a white male can use it.
I myself have never used that word once in my entire life. I never heard anyone in my family use it, either, or any of my friends. The first time I ever heard it was when I went off to college, and it was blacks using it. I too was shocked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2019, 06:53 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,041,315 times
I have heard white men use the N word, I'm not bothered by it. Why? Optics and context matter when using the N word. If one is using the n word in the name of hate, and using the n word in a negative light, than someone must check the person. If some is using the n word poetically or literally, the context matter of what is being said. That is my 2 cents. Right now we live in an age where people have become way too sensitive. Rest in Peace Richard Prior and George Carlin.

Old 02-27-2019, 07:02 AM

30,362 posts, read 19,149,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I have heard white men use the N word, I'm not bothered by it. Why? Optics and context matter when using the N word. If one is using the n word in the name of hate, and using the n word in a negative light, than someone must check the person. If some is using the n word poetically or literally, the context matter of what is being said. That is my 2 cents. Right now we live in an age where people have become way too sensitive. Rest in Peace Richard Prior and George Carlin.
Fully logical post and included 2 of my favorite comedians of all time, gonna have to rep you but I am concerned you might lose your Dem props throwing out so much logic.

For the record, I never use that word and if I did, my wife would freak out and get pissed as she does when I have a Brother in Law that will use that word in a joke.

Old 02-27-2019, 07:41 AM

45,354 posts, read 60,546,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I didn't see anyone defend her.
Ok, minimizing and rationalizing it. Better? That's what's happened here, in the state where she's a Delegate.

Old 02-27-2019, 07:48 AM

45,354 posts, read 60,546,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
In this case she used it as a descriptor for a Maryland County, Prince George's, which is roughly 2/3 Black in population. Contrary to what DD stated about her using it while talking to another White, the person to whom she was talking is a Black Delegate.

Old 02-27-2019, 07:57 AM

9,694 posts, read 7,389,775 times
this person will not be ask to resign, they will be no protest, no broken windows, no burned police cars. they will be forgiven like nothing happen, because they are democratic

Old 02-27-2019, 08:01 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,032,416 times
Democrats have been treating their black supporters/voters like Ni**ers for decades and they keep getting their support. This ain't going to change.

Old 02-27-2019, 08:05 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Ok, minimizing and rationalizing it. Better? That's what's happened here, in the state where she's a Delegate.
I don't doubt that. The only problem is those who do the same condemning them.

To say that "it was only locker room talk" is doing the same thing. It all needs to stop.

Old 02-27-2019, 08:21 AM

17,617 posts, read 6,903,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I don't doubt that. The only problem is those who do the same condemning them.

To say that "it was only locker room talk" is doing the same thing. It all needs to stop.
And here you are, continuing to minimize and rationalize what she said.

Old 02-27-2019, 08:38 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,597,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Link: https://www.huffpost.com/entry/mary-...b03a10c232b9c5

Yet another example of a Democrat racist caught and exposed. This one is a suburban white woman who helped the Democrats pick up seats in the most recent election. Can't say I'm surprised, a lot of suburban liberal white woman are huge racists.

This woman is a Delegate? I thought she was a congresswoman or a senator the way some of you republicans are going on about it.

Anyways...she can apologize all she wants. My take is she won't go any further than being a Delegate. She's been outed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies