Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2019, 07:10 AM

46,181 posts, read 26,903,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
It helps to READ the previous posts BEFORE making a fool of yourself!

So, which of the 99 posts prior to you post....your post being 100 and the next post is 101 (which you quoted)....

What would you like us to read? Many of those other 99 posts go DIRECTLY against what you are attempting to say....

So, why don't you give us your own words.....

Never mind, we know the answer...you agree with the 81 year old being beaten....he deserved it because of the hat....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2019, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
That hate doesn't represent hatred - it invokes hatred from the many on the left. Anyone who gets triggered by a slogan to make American great again has the problem, not the wearer of the hat.

Agreed, but as you can see there are many supporters of the man being beat because of the hat.....

Old 03-02-2019, 07:18 AM

16,237 posts, read 5,836,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Note to the American public: Pretty please, with sugar on top, STOP wearing the MAGA hat in public.

Look, I get it in that an ideal world, we can wear whatever we want and say whatever we want. But life is not like that.

The news has been filled with people wearing the MAGA hat and clothing getting beat and harassed. So unless you've been living under a rock, you all know DARNED well that to wear a MAGA hat in public is to potentially provoke someone.

If your intention is to wear the MAGA hat in public regardless, knowing darned well that it may provoke someone, then I can only assume that your narcissistic need to prove a point and get viral attention knows no boundaries.

If I had a loved one, no way in hell would I allow them to wear a MAGA hat in public, even though I support Trump. Life is always about adaptation and preserving your own safety and well being. After all, would you wear a Mongols t-shirt to a Hells Angels club?

If society is crazy enough that wearing a certain piece of clothing will potentially trigger someone, then guess what? i'm not wearing that damned clothing. Period. End of story. What point does it prove to wear one and then get beat, so you can crow about how intolerant and hateful liberals and Trump haters are?
So is this your advice for people who wear hoodies?
Burkas?
short skirts?
Look I get what you are trying to say, but attacking someone over a hat? Claiming to be provoked by a hat? No people like that are simply nuts and will find another reason to flip out.

Old 03-02-2019, 07:41 AM

14,460 posts, read 11,223,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
This is abhorrent! I am not fan of the Confederate flag but I won't go around punching him for displaying it.
That's because you are smart. Chances are greater that a person with a Confederate flag might be armed.

The people who are doing the assaulting are cowards. They are attacking only old people, women, and smaller/outnumbered victims.

If this crap keeps happening, you might just see groups of men who are very capable of handling themselves purposely donning the hats to provoke these a--holes and then the results might end up being fatal.

Old 03-02-2019, 07:45 AM

18,419 posts, read 15,149,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
It helps to READ the previous posts BEFORE making a fool of yourself!
People have recommended that I put you on ignore, because apparently this cryptic stuff is your M.O. and nobody ever knows what the hell you are talking about. So I am not going to go back and read anything because time is precious and I dont want to waste it on a goose chase that will lead nowhere. If you truly had something to say, then you would just say it. Otherwise, you are just trolling.

Old 03-02-2019, 08:11 AM

7 posts, read 1,952 times
> If I had a loved one, no way in hell would I allow them to wear a MAGA hat in public,
> even though I support Trump. Life is always about adaptation and preserving your
> own safety and well being. After all, would you wear a Mongols t-shirt to a Hells
> Angels club?

You are absolutely right about the biker gangs. Is it not a sharp decline from what used to be life in the U.S. 4 years ago when political leaders had not created a chasm in public opinion wide enough to resemble gang rivalry?

Old 03-02-2019, 09:32 AM

1,991 posts, read 892,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixlets82 View Post
So you just prefer to stay in an echo chamber and only interact with people who think and feel exactly the same as you do?? No wonder civil discourse has gone so far down hill, people just don't want to get outside their own comfort zone I live in Illinois and have many friends who were what some would consider Obama cultists, I didn't support Obama but that doesn't mean I stopped being friends and interacting with those who did and vice versa even now I still have liberal friends they know I support Trump but we haven't stopped being friends because of politics, that would just be petty and dumb, I actually find it interesting to see things from different perspectives but to each their own I guess. You should try interacting with people who see things differently sometime, you might be surprised and make some new friends while you're at it, you'll find out conservatives aren't so scary afterall.
Why waste my time. I can get all the blathering about Trump I can stand right here on CD. And judging by some of the comments made here, yes, some Trumpers are pretty scary after all.

Old 03-02-2019, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
People have recommended that I put you on ignore, because apparently this cryptic stuff is your M.O. and nobody ever knows what the hell you are talking about. So I am not going to go back and read anything because time is precious and I dont want to waste it on a goose chase that will lead nowhere. If you truly had something to say, then you would just say it. Otherwise, you are just trolling.

Agreed, but I never put anyone on ignore.....I always need a good gut busting laugh.....every now and then.....

Old 03-02-2019, 11:40 AM

52,329 posts, read 34,057,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Why are you so angry that some of your brethren may be enlightened as to the harmfulness of discrimination, intolerance and injustice? Kudos to those who desire a more informed life and outlook. This is always a good thing, uggabugga. Your disdain for my post is puzzling.
hmmm? i’m not the tiniest bit angry. sounds like projection on your part.
in fact, I’m tickled to pieces that one of your intolerant, rage-addled brethren got busted.

https://www.nj.com/somerset/2019/02/...t-toppled.html
Quote:
Authorities charged Salvagno, of Somerset, with disorderly persons offenses of assault and harassment. Police did not disclose how they identified the alleged attacker.

The victim suffered minor injuries and declined medical treatment, according to the prosecutor’s office.

Last edited by uggabugga; 03-02-2019 at 11:49 AM..

Old 03-02-2019, 11:47 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,501,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Lol, truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies