Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2019, 10:00 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,511,169 times

Advertisements

I think AOC and Ivanka should fight it out. In mud.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2019, 11:51 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,443,317 times
Not saying AOC is great, but she should be the last one to talk on this.

Thanks, Nepotistic Government Barbie, for sharing your thoughts on what it means for average people to earn their money on the merits. How precious.

Pop quiz - third year in, and can anyone even tell me what the hell she does in that job? No? Didn't think so.

Playing Government with Daddy is fun! Nepotistic royalty has its privileges.

Old 02-26-2019, 11:52 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,904,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Yawn, they both are idiots, with AOC being the bigger one, and the one with zero clue about how the business world works, which I can give credit to Ivanka for knowing.

And if AOC wants to go down that path, Trump and family have employed far more people than AOC could ever dream of, and that is what provides people with income and opportunity, not the government nor chasing businesses and jobs away like AOC does.
Lol...uh huh... Right...

Old 02-27-2019, 12:53 AM

33,298 posts, read 12,484,756 times
Quote:
She has actually worked you know. Someone being born rich does not mean they never work, Ivanka in fact has put a lot of work into her clothing design, her father's company, etc, all which hold a hell of a lot more responsibility, and impact a whole lot more people, than being a damn bartender somewhere.

Not that it makes Ivanka a better person than someone else, even a janitor, but addressing the merits of "her working", which have nothing to do with if you like her or not.
One long time CD member who is now a mod has posted about personally being a part of business meetings Ivanka was also part of, and had complimentary things to say about Ivanka's approach, how she handled herself, etc. And, IIRC, that mod is not a Trump supporter.

Old 02-27-2019, 01:00 AM

33,298 posts, read 12,484,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
I think AOC and Ivanka should fight it out. In mud.
LOL.

I don't agree with you very often, but I like that idea.

Old 02-27-2019, 07:02 AM

4,481 posts, read 2,283,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Oh please. "Daddy, I need a million so I can hire consultants and designers to make a fashion line to put my logo on it." That's hard work I tell ya, hard work.
Apparently you were there and have intimate knowledge of her business dealings?

Protip: A lot of companies are started and grown with other people's money.

Old 02-27-2019, 07:09 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,161,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post

AOC is a radical lunatic with doctrines from Chairman Mao. Any one of her schemes is enough to break the bank here, leading to Venezuela 2.0 which is her apparent agenda. ......she's a gift for Trump 2020....

Old 02-27-2019, 07:30 AM

21,461 posts, read 10,560,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
AOC is a radical lunatic with doctrines from Chairman Mao. Any one of her schemes is enough to break the bank here, leading to Venezuela 2.0 which is her apparent agenda. ......she's a gift for Trump 2020....
Or a Trojan Horse. One thing we have that Venezuelans don’t is the right to bear arms. I look at all those people watching the government burn their food aid and think, thank God for our gun rights people. We do not want to go down that road.

Old 02-27-2019, 08:37 AM

36,501 posts, read 30,820,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Ivanka: "People want to work for what they get."

What does Ivanka, a privileged trust fund brat, know about work?
Do you not believe people want to work for what they get or has our society lost the pride they once had as hard working, independent individuals?
It is sad if that is the case and people actually believe receiving certain wage is a right. That would make us a society of lazy, entitled, dependent sheeple.

Old 02-27-2019, 08:43 AM

68,326 posts, read 54,344,425 times
Quote:
Yawn, they both are idiots, with AOC being the bigger one, and the one with zero clue about how the business world works, which I can give credit to Ivanka for knowing.

And if AOC wants to go down that path, Trump and family have employed far more people than AOC could ever dream of, and that is what provides people with income and opportunity, not the government nor chasing businesses and jobs away like AOC does.

And defense lawyers are thankful! Kaching!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies