Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2019, 07:19 PM

2,924 posts, read 1,577,983 times

Advertisements

Since states can nullify federal immigration law so freely and a court ruled that DC can't cut funding to them because of it, then it should stand that states are free to nullify Roe vs. Wade and ban all abortions in spite of the ruling.

I seriously would like to see what DC would do. Would they really send in troops to try and MAKE us allow child genocide? If so, I say that perhaps it's time we break away from DC and secede.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2019, 07:21 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,433,514 times
The state would be sued and the state would loss. Simple. And by the way, no state is "allowing" child genocide. Stop drinking the koolaid from the anti-choice crowd.

Old 02-26-2019, 07:24 PM

2,924 posts, read 1,577,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
The state would be sued and the state would loss. Simple. And by the way, no state is "allowing" child genocide. Stop drinking the koolaid from the anti-choice crowd.
Sued? What if the state still refused to comply? You can't sue someone into compliance if they have contempt for your tyrannical edict and couldn't give a rat's fart what some buttheads on a court hand down as though they were God.

Old 02-26-2019, 07:24 PM

79,907 posts, read 43,940,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post
Since states can nullify federal immigration law so freely..........
States can do nothing about federal immigration law.......but you know that already.

Old 02-26-2019, 07:26 PM

8,459 posts, read 10,875,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post

I think the op is making a valid claim.
Immigration laws are being ignored by some states, and nothing is happening to them.
It is certainly not out of the realm of things where by a state, or states could go against federal laws on abortion.

In the times we live, there is no respect for law, or authority, so it could happen.

Bob.

Old 02-26-2019, 09:11 PM
nng

695 posts, read 286,865 times
Banning abortion would be stupid. 50 million more unwanted babies and millions of unwanted babies a year. Who are going to pay for those babies??? Republicans should be pragmatic about these kinds of issues. The conservative Christian extremists in the Republican Party don't really care for individual rights. They even want to ban euthanasia, even though a person should be able to choose for themselves if they want euthanasia because it is a personal decision. Ithink a person must be able to decide what's best for themselves, when it comes to abortion or euthanasia. I think in the case of a rape victim, they definitely should be able to get emergency contraception or an abortion. I just don't understand how it can be seen as the will of god to force a rape victim to give birth to their rapist baby. Just disgusting...

Old 02-26-2019, 09:17 PM
nng

695 posts, read 286,865 times
The Christian extremists in the Republican Party are as crazy as can be. They tried to pass a personhood bill in Missouri which would declare fertilized eggs as persons and entitled to the same rights as living breathing human beings. So if they passed that personhood law, a woman in Missouri who was raped and took emergency contraception could be charged with murder. The Christian conservatives are truly inhumane and view women as mere incubators for babies. Sick!!! Thank goodness the republicans are not so extreme in the state I live in. We have emergency contraception/ the morning after pill at Kroger here. And it's a republican state.

Old 02-26-2019, 09:19 PM

1,406 posts, read 793,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nng View Post
The Christian extremists in the Republican Party are as crazy as can be. They tried to pass a personhood bill in Missouri which would declare fertilized eggs as persons and entitled to the same rights as living breathing human beings. So if they passed that personhood law, a woman in Missouri who was raped and took emergency contraception could be charged with murder. The Christian conservatives are truly inhumane and view women as mere incubators for babies. Sick!!! Thank goodness the republicans are not so extreme in the state I live in. We have emergency contraception/ the morning after pill at Kroger here. And it's a republican state.
You don't have to be Christian to be pro-life.

Old 02-26-2019, 09:23 PM

19,673 posts, read 10,001,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nng View Post
The Republican legislature here in Missouri is controlled by evangelicals.

Old 02-26-2019, 09:27 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,603,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post
Since states can nullify federal immigration law so freely and a court ruled that DC can't cut funding to them because of it, then it should stand that states are free to nullify Roe vs. Wade and ban all abortions in spite of the ruling.

I seriously would like to see what DC would do. Would they really send in troops to try and MAKE us allow child genocide? If so, I say that perhaps it's time we break away from DC and secede.
yes of course.

But then you would wake up and realize you dreamed the whole thing. ....
i say that because clearly your post is not based in reality but in some fever dream that has child genocide and some sort of break up of the union.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies