Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2019, 01:01 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,173,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Logical fallacy alert:

Many (or the most) terrorist attacks committed in the U.S. happen to be white males, then ALL white males = biggest terror threat.

I am sure you know the differences between extreme right-wing white males and all white males, do you?

Like I posted earlier (looks like you only chose to quote ONE sentence to make your so called point), the

"white males is the biggest terror threat" mentality is exactly the same mentality of justifying to put ALL japanese-Americans of west coast in the internment camp during ww2. My relative was a mixed woman who looking nothing like a typical Asian, but it doesn't matter, one drop rule made her dangerous.

The painting an entire group of people with one broad brush mentality is dangerous. If minories really want true equality, then "one rule for all, or no rule at all." You (the general term) think saying "the biggest terror threat in this country is *insert a group of people other than white men here*" is racist, then saying "the biggest terror threat in this country is white men" is also racist. It is how it works.
Again, no one said all white males. Most terrorist attacks are committed by white males and therefore, the biggest terror threat lies within that group. That does not mean that ALL white males are terrorists.

Old 02-28-2019, 01:08 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,173,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
I don't get this thread. American culture is just all the different cultures thrown into a blender and poured out.

White culture in America is American culture
Black culture in America in American culture
Asian culture in American is American culture

This is because Americans take the stuff they want in a culture and discard the rest, so in essence your left with Americanized everything. Marrying a black person or an Asian person doesn't change your culture if your already American.

The only people that can claim a change in culture are new arrivals to the USA,but by generation 3 there assimilated.
This.

Old 02-28-2019, 01:12 PM

8,312 posts, read 3,926,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaLisa2323 View Post
There's a growing number of Americans who are mixed race and identify as such.

Do you believe that much will change -with respect to how Americans collectively view race, given the influx of people with multi-racial identities? I ask because much of the discussions are often focussed around white vs black in the U.S., but with the increase in multi-racial people and the dwindling of the black American and white American populations, I foresee America changing drastically.

What are your thoughts/views?
This has always been a puzzling topic to me. As far as I can tell we are all "mud people" as they like to say. If you've done any DNA testing most likely you will find that you are a mongrel.

Old 02-28-2019, 02:51 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,442,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
The increasing melanization of America, take 23 on this forum.

How did the Roman Empire destroy itself? By diluting it's people and culture, nuff said.

lol

Take it up with the people who imported Africans.

Old 02-28-2019, 03:14 PM

2,678 posts, read 1,700,899 times
Quote:

Do you believe that much will change -with respect to how Americans collectively view race, given the influx of people with multi-racial identities? I ask because much of the discussions are often focussed around white vs black in the U.S., but with the increase in multi-racial people and the dwindling of the black American and white American populations, I foresee America changing drastically.

I understand this, but kind of stupid, because black Americans are fairly mixed to begin with.

Old 02-28-2019, 03:19 PM

2,678 posts, read 1,700,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
lol

Take it up with the people who imported Africans.
I understand what you mean, but still a rather petty and silly.

Perhaps you can blame the Portuguese sailors who landed on the coasts of West Africa in the 1400s.

Old 02-28-2019, 03:21 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,672,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
I lived in West Philadelphia for 10 years. I've worked (though haven't lived) in Baltimore for 25 years and counting.
Overbrook!

My wife went to Overbrook High School.

Old 02-28-2019, 03:27 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,087,720 times
Quote:

Every commercial on TV is like a dose of diversity now. There's nothing organic about it...it's all so incredibly forced.

Old 02-28-2019, 03:31 PM

999 posts, read 553,675 times
I think it's a great thing! I love being mixed race.

Old 02-28-2019, 05:03 PM

37,170 posts, read 19,194,865 times
Quote:

Every human on this planet is a mixture of more than one race. I am 3/4 English, 20% Irish, 2% Scandinavian, 2% Native American, and 1% Nigerian. One of my direct ancestors married a freed slave in Maryland in the 1700s, and back further than that, his grandfather three or four generations before him settled in with the Catawba tribe on the Congaree River here in South Carolina.

My wife added Syrian and Italian blood to our children. Both sets of her grandparents floated over here in the 1920s.

Knowing about the Nigerian blood would have killed a few of my more recent relatives outright had they known it, but I am happy to say I have suffered no ill effects from being a mongrel. As a matter of fact, I endorse and recommend it highly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies