Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2019, 12:06 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,240,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
How did the Roman Empire destroy itself? By diluting it's people and culture, nuff said.
That's not why the Roman Empire fell. Go back and read your history book.

Also the fact that you are equating Rome to America is extremely problematic. Roman was a brutal tyrannical imperialist power whose primary purpose was endless conquest and war. Is that how you see America as well?

Old 03-06-2019, 12:13 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,086,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
s endless conquest and war.
Sounds strangely like America today.

Old 03-06-2019, 12:25 PM

3,850 posts, read 2,226,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
It doesn't matter what anyone considers themselves or others to be. They are what they are racially and genetically. No use in denying it. If one is of mixed race then that's what they are no matter how light or dark their skin is.
It doesn't work like that in the real word. "Mixed" identity is short lived, it only really lasts for a generation. If you don't look "mixed" you aren't mixed. People who are predominantly one race will identify and be perceived as just that.

Here's the impact of Race Mixing in America:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWwR7qBsmIY

The granddaughter of Disco Queen Donna Summer, who is a singer songwriter, is totally white. She could brag all she wants about her famous grandmother, she will still be seen as white.

She's not even a "person of color".

Old 03-06-2019, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Sounds strangely like America today.

Old 03-06-2019, 01:37 PM

62,938 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
It doesn't work like that in the real word. "Mixed" identity is short lived, it only really lasts for a generation. If you don't look "mixed" you aren't mixed. People who are predominantly one race will identify and be perceived as just that.

Here's the impact of Race Mixing in America:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWwR7qBsmIY

The granddaughter of Disco Queen Donna Summer, who is a singer songwriter, is totally white. She could brag all she wants about her famous grandmother, she will still be seen as white.

She's not even a "person of color".
Perception does not equate to the facts and that's my point.

Old 03-06-2019, 02:14 PM

4,488 posts, read 1,642,537 times
I haven’t read through this entire thread, but what is the problem with being mixed-race? I’m mixed (Asian/White) and I embrace it! I get asked all of the time what my race/ethnicity is, and it doesn’t bother me in the least, I just tell them and move on. I think it would be a really boring world if everyone was all a pure race.

Old 03-06-2019, 02:21 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,086,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
. I think it would be a really boring world if everyone was all a pure race.
Wait....wut.

I thought diversity (differences) was our strength.

Old 03-06-2019, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
I haven’t read through this entire thread, but what is the problem with being mixed-race? I’m mixed (Asian/White) and I embrace it! I get asked all of the time what my race/ethnicity is, and it doesn’t bother me in the least, I just tell them and move on. I think it would be a really boring world if everyone was all a pure race.
There is nothing wrong with being mixed race. Racist have issue with mixed raced people because they are knuckle dragging morons. The rest of us folks see no problem with it and encourage it whenever possible. I personally find mixed race people to be the most beautiful people earth.

Old 03-06-2019, 02:26 PM

25,442 posts, read 9,800,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
The increasing melanization of America, take 23 on this forum.

How did the Roman Empire destroy itself? By diluting it's people and culture, nuff said.
Diluting it's people? What the hell does that even mean? Now if you're talking about how the Europeans came over and killed off the native Americans, then you may have a point.

You also might want to read about how Rome fell.

Old 03-06-2019, 04:22 PM

434 posts, read 1,040,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
I am a white senior, but I would love the U.S. and the world to be entirely mixed race. (I have said something like this before, but I think it would be difficult for most people to hate orange and green Martians if their grandchildren are partly orange and green Martian.)

I think this entire "identity by race and skin color" idea is just ridiculous in the U.S. these days. Hardly anyone I know under the age of 20 is 100% Hispanic, black, Asian, etc. My husband has two grand-nieces who are Euro-white (mostly German and English), Japanese, Filipino, Mexican and black -- so how would they be classified?
Yeah why not, humans are animals and we have definitely proven this in history and still to this day. We are like lions preying on gazelle, lions fighting with another big cat such as a cheetah, and we act as lions do with hippos, rhinos, and elephants. We have been fighting with one another with BS politics, religions, and race-ethnicity-nationality forever! So you eliminate this racial-ethnic bs, then to politics and religion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies