Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2019, 12:00 PM

72,846 posts, read 62,272,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Oh puhleez. People can marry who they want to marry. These are individual decisions.

If you're so concerned about "ethnic purity" - go forbid your children or grandchildren to marry outside their race. Can't guarantee that's gonna go down well with all of your progeny.
Dr. Phil episode that you should see. Daughter of a Klansman has a mixed race baby. Father calls her child a "monster", "critter" and "ape".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMFLrmCGKl0

Her father was in the Klan and tried to beat it into her to stay away from Black men. It didn't stop her.

Old 03-13-2019, 12:10 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,231,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
"American" isn't a race (or ethnic group).
Being American is being part of a culture and which is a form of identity. As is being European. A Swede will find far more commonality with another Swede of mixed ancestry then he or she will with an American of "100% Northern European ancestry". Do you speak Swedish or Finnish or any other Northern European language? Do you eat like them, dress like them, listen to the same music, enjoy the same hobbies? You don't.

Do you understand their cultural concepts which effect how they view the world. Like the Swedish concept of Lagom? You probably don't

If I can make a broad generalization about Europeans it is this. They care far more about notions of culture then they do about notions of race. If you are of Turkish ancestry living in Germany but speak German and think German and partake in German cultural practices. Then you are German. Your notion of ethnic identification by blood doesn't mean anything to them. That nonsense is an American thing that they generally don't prescribe to.

Old 03-13-2019, 12:14 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,496,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
Being American is being part of a culture and which is a form of identity. As is being European. A Swede will find far more commonality with another Swede of mixed ancestry then he or she will with an American of "100% Northern European ancestry". Do you speak Swedish or Finnish or any other Northern European language? Do you eat like them, dress like them, listen to the same music, enjoy the same hobbies? You don't.

Do you understand their cultural concepts which effect how they view the world. Like the Swedish concept of Lagom? You probably don't

If I can make a broad generalization about Europeans it is this. They care far more about notions of culture then they do about notions of race. If you are of Turkish ancestry living in Germany but speak German and think German and partake in German cultural practices. Then you are German. Your notion of ethnic identification by blood doesn't mean anything to them. That nonsense is an American thing that they generally don't prescribe to.
Good point, I would argue that Mille Petrozza (Italian-German musician) who lives in Germany and speaks German, is more German than some German-American who lives here in the US

Old 03-13-2019, 12:17 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,055,160 times
Quote:

You're not wrong.

And that's not exclusive to Europeans.

Africans view African-Americans as non-African.

Just because I occasionally refer to myself here as "European-American" doesn't mean I am saying I'm not American.

If anything I'm playing the game AAs play. Oh...you want to refer to yourself as a hyphenated American? Okay, then so will I.

(By the way, my grandfather did speak fluent Swedish, my father spoke some Swedish, and I do have cousins in Europe as well.)

Old 03-13-2019, 12:34 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,768,868 times
Quote:
You are really starting to sound like you know nothing about Marx. Or you're just lying.

When Ted Kennedy lied to the American people to pass his globalist agenda (1965 Immigration Act), he said: "the ethnic background will not be upset [changed]..." the country was 85% white, 10% black, and 5% "other".

You are right that blacks have only slightly gone up (12%)...Whites have declined a lot (roughly 2 in 10 Americans less). Latinos are the group that has really taken over.

We see now in hindsight it was all a scam by the globalists who controlled America.

See my post earlier. The main reason why "Latinos" have "taken over" is that on paper they were removed from the white population and given their own category. The bi-racial/multi-racial categories primarily decreased the black population growth numbers, but also impacted the white population figures. Your...I can only say irrational belief that there is an "agenda" to remove or decrease the white population is kind of silly IMO. One has to consider the fact that new categories were and have been created. They will be especially important on the 2020 census figures from items I've read about where people will be able to claim their ethnic heritage. I personally feel that it will heavily decrease the black population numbers in particular (a lot of black people today falsely believe they are "indigenous" primarily due to a proliferation of silly YouTube videos so I see them picking this).

Will note based on other posts you've made on the thread, that this country (America) was multi-racial from the start. Africans have been here just as long as Europeans and actually during the colonial era the population of blacks in specific colonies was much higher than the percentage of the black population in those states today. I personally have a lot of Virginia ancestry (back to the 1600s and they include some "free" black people mostly who were either indentured servants who worked their way out of servitude like the majority of whites in the colonial era, or they were emancipated slaves whose owners were overcome by the Revolutionary spirit and freed their slaves until the government and fear of a black/mullatto takeover like you are exhibiting in this thread, caused VA and other slave holding states to place restrictions on allowing slave owners to free their slaves). In 1790 black people were over 40% of the population of Virginia. This country has never been a "white" country in culture of population/demographics.

It is interesting to me that many of the ideas you espouse in the thread were common ones in the 19th century when anglo whites were upset about other, now considered, white Americans were immigrating in high numbers to this country (Eastern Europeans, Irish, Italians, Greeks, etc.). These ideas were also common of whites in the colonial era, which as noted above, caused various states/colonies to not allow free black people to live freely in their states/colonies of birth and to disallow slave owners the opportunity to free their slaves. There was a lot of fear surrounding anyone who was not "white" ruining the country/society in the late 1700s and 1800s in particular. Interesting that you are continuing this trend and that people still are invested in this idea when the white population will only decrease if you all stop having babies lol. No one is trying to get rid of you or white people.

Old 03-13-2019, 12:43 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,231,240 times
Quote:
You're not wrong.

Just because I occasionally refer to myself here as "European-American" doesn't mean I am saying I'm not American.

If anything I'm playing the game AAs play. Oh...you want to refer to yourself as a hyphenated American? Okay, then so will I.

(By the way, my grandfather did speak fluent Swedish, my father spoke some Swedish, and I do have cousins in Europe as well.)
The irony of your position is that you have far more in common with African Americans culturally then do with Swedes. If you are an American by culture, then what does it matter what the ethnic composition of Americans are? If they are culturally American then that is all that should matter? right?

Old 03-13-2019, 12:43 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,768,868 times
Quote:
You're not wrong.

I'll note on this it is funny you think that black people who call themselves African Americans are playing a "game" or that they care if you call yourself a European American.

Seems you spend too much time in a particular media silo that tells you everyone is out to get you or that black people care what you call yourself. I'll admit, as a black person I really don't care what anyone calls themselves and think it is strange that people like you care so much about what black people call ourselves.

For me, it goes back again to the 18th and 19th centuries in regards to whites, such as yourself feeling that you should always be superior, and in control of all other people.

I'll further note it is interesting that you have an actual Swedish grandfather yet you consider yourself more American it seems than people like me who have 400+ years of ancestry in this country as a black person. I literally am "more" American than you are as both sides of my family have ancestry here for 300-400+ years. I don't have any grandparent that didn't speak English. However, I do have some Canadian cousins (some members of my family moved to Canada in the 1850s from Pennsylvania. I also have an ancestor who was enslaved in NJ who was subsequently taken to Canada by a white, Loyalist family and freed in Canada in the early 1800s whose descendants came back to the US in the 1830s, I have Canadian cousins via both of these lines).

Old 03-13-2019, 01:01 PM

Quote:
The irony of your position is that you have far more in common with African Americans culturally then do with Swedes. If you are an American by culture, then what does it matter what the ethnic composition of Americans are? If they are culturally American then that is all that should matter? right?
You really should explain this to liberals. They're the ones who have criminalized whiteness and have made racial quotas and diversity one of the major platforms of their everything.

Old 03-13-2019, 01:01 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,496,583 times
Quote:
I think Kavalier believes in ethno-states 😑

Old 03-13-2019, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post

I'll further note it is interesting that you have an actual Swedish grandfather yet you consider yourself more American it seems than people like me who have 400+ years of ancestry in this country as a black person.
My ancestors are all from the North. One side entirely from MN. MN has almost no history at all with slavery - other than that my state (almost entirely white at the time of the Civil War) sent in one of the first brigades in the entire country to fight the South (to end slavery).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies